Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: American t-shirts banned from HS on Cinco de mayo

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Default American t-shirts banned from HS on Cinco de mayo

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/cou...172900062.html

I think on May 5th my family and I will all wear shits with the American flag on it....Who wants to do the same that day?
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Right behind you Boss!!
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score

isn't that UNCONSTITUTIONAL?

Feedback Score

IT'S NOT UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN.
    Hunter
    And yes, I will be dressed in RED-WHITE-and-BLUE
    Hey, maybe I'll get out my old BREED MC colors.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i think i see a few al-quaida black flags among the mexican nationals ????

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

So what next no red white an blue clothing not american flag sticers on there cars ?

I understand the the school not wanting a show down here between Mexicans an flag wearers but the police. school an the state caving into gang bangers is rediculass.
    Id keep my kids home an id state the obvious saftey issues there admitting If they wanted to punish them.

does the school still fly an american flag ??

I grew up about a houran ahalf form were that school is i used to race there . the gangs out there are not to be taken lightly an whites are lileky a minority there . May 5th is a big deal there just like saint Pattys day is a big deal in other perst fo the country .

I guess if you got kids wearign a American flag shirt to try to provoke a fight then you have to factor that in also . IMO there should be no Mexican crap either .

This is almost like a crips vs the bloods issue an the fact its a american flag is secondary .

My kitds would be staying home period .

Feedback Score

I'm going to wear the flag. This is getting way out of control. What's will they come up with next in the spirit of PC? Not being able to say Merry Christmas during December?... Wait... Yup we are all f*cked. I guess the next logical step is to make all the white kids stay home in February.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I've got a t-shirt that says La Raza Blanco !!

Feedback Score

Default America, Love it or Leave it!

So Cinco de mayo is a day to celebrate Mexican heritage and pride? What about all of the other ethnicities and heritages represented in the United States of America? This is America, the big melting pot. The United States is made up of all races and ethnicities. Everyone who is here legally, are Americans. If they want to teach tolerance then have a heritage day and let everyone celebrate their heritage? If celebrating Cinco de mayo, in an American school is causing problems, then don't celebrate Cinco de mayo in school. If anyone feels that it is improper to wear or fly an American Flag in the United States, they should be invited to leave and go to the country of their choice. This is the United States, the greatest country in the world. If someone doesn't love or respect our country, they are welcome to leave. How is it controversial for Americans to celebrate American heritage and pride in America? I am tired of defining Americans by race or ethnicity. When I fill out forms, especially Census forms, I write, "American", when asked what race or ethnicity I am.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

So Cinco de mayo is a day to celebrate Mexican heritage and pride? What about all of the other ethnicities and heritages represented in the United States of America? This is America, the big melting pot. The United States is made up of all races and ethnicities. Everyone who is here legally, are Americans. If they want to teach tolerance then have a heritage day and let everyone celebrate their heritage? If celebrating Cinco de mayo, in an American school is causing problems, then don't celebrate Cinco de mayo in school. If anyone feels that it is improper to wear or fly an American Flag in the United States, they should be invited to leave and go to the country of their choice. This is the United States, the greatest country in the world. If someone doesn't love or respect our country, they are welcome to leave. How is it controversial for Americans to celebrate American heritage and pride in America? I am tired of defining Americans by race or ethnicity. When I fill out forms, especially Census forms, I write, "American", when asked what race or ethnicity I am
    I agree .

I think the issue is who an what is going to stop the gangs there from doing what they want . I see how the school is trying to keep things safe but its not right . the issue in that perticular school is right now wearing American flag shirt is akin to wearing a blue bandana in a red bandan hood can get you killed .

This is not like wearing green on saint Pattys day. out there the hispanics take the day very seriously fu^&king with them is a bad idea even if your right .

they need to fly the american flag an they need to worry about teaching instead of all the political BS .

I have seen gangs in action an they dont care about rights or anything else . Many of these gangss are well organised an even conneced to mexican drug cartels .

It might be cool for a 15 year old kid to wear his shirt to class but it might get him killed in this particular siutuation.

I have seen a gang walk into a high school beat the shit out of a student an the teacher who tried to stop in an walk out untouched an that was 25 year ago its much much worse now .

California need to crack down on gangs but its tough. I think the law is unjust an possibly unconstitutional. but the issue IMO at that perticualr school is a gang issue an really not about patriotism. This is not kids play .

I applaud kids taking a stand an saying hey this is america an we fly the american flag here but Im rrally afraid many may be biting off more than they can chew if there screwing with hispanic gangs out there .

what sucks is kids are in jeopardy for being proud of there country an gangs are allowed to intimidate schools an LEO,s so much a law like this can get passed .

I agree at this pint there shuld be no cinco demayo celibraiton in the school either .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.