Thread: have not been to an Appleseedyet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default have not been to an Appleseedyet.

Like what I read tho.bolt gun semis? Even read 22lr was the way to go. Opinions anyone? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Do a search on here for appleseed or apple seed, there was at least one thread one this in the Competitive Shooting section.

There was only one (the first one) at the range I go to last year, I couldn't make it but wanted to check it out.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Yeah, I've been wanting to go to one to see what it's all about, but can never seem to find the time.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I've been to two AppleSeeds. I'm a little older than the average bear and I'll tell you that that was the best (and simplest) marksmanship instruction I've ever had.
    First shoot I went to I shot 2 points less than Rifleman's score. Three months later I went and couldn't hit the broad side of the barn, FROM THE INSIDE. Diagnosed my problem as a loose action screw. The insructor let me shoot again, and I got my patch.
    I didn't see anyone with a bolt-action. This is a timed course and I don't think anyone could do it with a bolt unless it was one of those Biathlon rifles.
    There was everything from GlenField tube-fed to 10/22s to Mini-14s to M-14s and Garands. One douche even showed up with a SIG M400. It seemed like the more expensive the rifle, the less the shooter could do with it.
    Shooters were both male and female, 14 to 73, and out of both of my shoots, the person with the highest score was a first-time-female that was in her early 50s. And I mean she had never shot a rifle before that day. I wanted to have her baby right on the spot.
    If you have a chance, GO. I was a shooter all my life and never realized how much I didn't know.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

We only have 2 in this area but I'd sure like to check one out sometime too. It sucks there so far away though, I'd have to leave 2 or 3 hours early just to get there on time. They look like fun. Maybe this year I'll try to make it to one.

Last year they were both scheduled the same time I'd already committed to doing a final sanding & buffing demonstration at a car show, and the other one because I'd agreed way in advance to be a judge at another car show. I'll have to plan better next time I guess.

I hate when hobby's conflict,,

Feedback Score

My AppleSeed Range is almost two hours up the road. I ain't getting up at 0400 unless I'm shooting somebody. I cheat. I get a hotel room for two nights. That way the first morning I'm three minutes away from the range and the in-between night I get a legit masseuse. AppleSeed does a lot from prone, and I haven't been 20 for over 40 years.
    And the history lesson by itself is worth the cost of admission.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    My AppleSeed Range is almost two hours up the road. I ain't getting up at 0400 unless I'm shooting somebody. I cheat. I get a hotel room for two nights. That way the first morning I'm three minutes away from the range and the in-between night I get a legit masseuse. AppleSeed does a lot from prone, and I haven't been 20 for over 40 years.
    And the history lesson by itself is worth the cost of admission.
    Hunter
    Hell I might could even con my wife into going if I get a hotel room. Make it a nice little weekend getaway!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

That's the way it works Fella.
    Hunter

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.