Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: pumping gas

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    Back around 1971 I was a pump jockey and some guy popped the engine cover on his Porsche 914. I filled his crankcase with gas.
    LMAO!!!!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    LMAO!!!!!
    Me too! LOL I was a pump jockey too in my younger days. Done some stupid stuff, can't remember ever doing that though.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score

Maybe Oregon's law about not pumping your own gas is liberal BS. The liberal progressive legislature tried to change the law and the people of Oregon put it on the ballot and said no to pumping your own gas.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    Maybe Oregon's law about not pumping your own gas is liberal BS. The liberal progressive legislature tried to change the law and the people of Oregon put it on the ballot and said no to pumping your own gas.
    Wow, that really shocks me. I had no idea that there was anywhere in the US that wouldnt allow you to pump your own gas. Interesting.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

are there any of those that still run? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Wait until you own something like a Triumph Spitfire, with the gas cap in the middle between the cockpit and trunk lid. Besides scarring the paint by dragging the hose across it, the attendants (fueling technicians?) would occasionally spray you with gasoline...
    LOL i had two of them an sold them off a few years ago . I had a removale hard top an a convertable I still have the gas cap set up from a parts car I was going to use it in a street rod . I know a guy who has a Mazda rotary in one an it hauls ass he races it .

The engines were not to bad but the electrical was pure junk . I had to repair the over drive trans a few times . the carbs were a bit of a pain but not to hard to work on.

I built one up for my X wife to drive.

I worked at a gas station in the early 1980 . we had no computers then had to do all the pump totals an dip the tank levels every night . it really sucked boss was a dick an a crook . gas was about 80 cents a gallon an smokes were about 50 cents as I recall . oil came in round cans .

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I had no idea that there was anywhere in the US that wouldnt allow you to pump your own gas. Interesting.
    It's the same in New Jersey.

Hell. they even have those stupid jughandle intersections everywhere because they don't trust people to turn left.
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    It's the same in New Jersey.

Hell. they even have those stupid jughandle intersections everywhere because they don't trust people to turn left.
    You beat me to it. Yup N.J. no pump your own gas.. Last trip north bound Jersey Tpk.. Stop for gas, little guy starts pumping..Damn nice place, good people..
    Cleans the windows, the lights, nice guy.. Insert my debit card. Then I take out $3 to tip the guy, hand it too him.. Guy is staring at me and my Bro as we are pulling out. Like steady staring at the $3 and us.. WTF, guess he does not get tips?
    Get too Ct. and reach for my debit card.. Whoops gone. What I had done was had the debit card, about $2 grand worth, in with the $3.. This guy must have been on the phone too his wife..
    "Honey, Holy sheeeet. De los estados Unidos est Bueno, the Gringo just gave me a $2,003 dollar tip. Americas streets are paved with gold."

TRX. Put up a picture of your car if you would? Damn I loved mine, till I totaled it.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HHollow View Post
    I used the same trick that also worked on kiddie yours. Plug the speaker grill with whatever is handy. Bubble gum works.
    Didn't seem to have one - I looked. I think the thing used the LCD display as the speaker.

I was strongly tempted to get the can of spray paint from under the seat and paint over the display, but it's apparently used for the credit card interface. I don't use a card for gas, but I didn't want to ruin things for the people who don't know any better.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    TRX. Put up a picture of your car if you would? Damn I loved mine, till I totaled it.
    The Spit is long gone. It was a nice looking car, and a riot to drive, but it was completely worn out when I got it. It needed ball joints, U-joints, carbs rebuilt... it just went on and on. And then one night the crankshaft broke in half on the way home from work. It broke diagonally across the center main, and though it raised all holy hell, it still ran and got me home, didn't even bend any valves. When I pulled the pan and lifted the crank out in two pieces, I went from being angry to being amazed.

I got a used crank and some bearings from Victoria British and overhauled the engine in my living room, then got a buddy to help me lift it back in. (chain and a 2x4!) Heavy sucker for something so small... I sold it a year or so later.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Thank you TRX.. Living room is a great place to work on stuff.. Lot of women do not understand that..
    When the girlfriend left, back in the AK building boom days. I had AKs drying and hanging from the ceiling from hooks..
    People were stopping in too see it, kind of looked like a, I don't know, Christmas thing or something? Had to watch yourself or you would bump your head..
    Trying to remember where I totaled my Triumph? Somewhere in Connecticut? So many wrecks, I can't remember?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.