Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: pumping gas

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default pumping gas

There's a gas station in town I don't go to because it has gas pumps with LCD displays that have dancing advertising. That wouldn't be so bad except the pump doesn't turn on for, oh, maybe 60 seconds. And then it wants to know if you want a discount on a car wash, and you have to find the "NO" button, and THEN it will let you get gas. Lots of fun standing there being drenched by cold sleet or sweating and eaten by mosquitoes.

Yesterday I gassed the truck at the station I use most often. They have new pumps. They have maybe 13" LCD displays now, which play some kind of "gas station news channel"... with audio. It let me start pumping gas right away, but the thing was SHOUTING at me, loud enough to be annoying over passing traffic.

I guess I need to find another gas station.

Back in the late 1970s the local Coca-Cola bottler put talking Coke machines in a few places. Those machines also SHOUTED, with the additional flip of using an over-the-top drag queen gay voice asking you to "please insert... your... next coin" at a volume that had passers-by skittering away while you put your fingers in your ears.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score

Comon, now. Someone from Central Arkansas should be used to noise like that..........................And that's all I'm gonna say.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

We have a local chain of gas stations that had those type pumps in several of their locations. I actually didn't mind the news channel thing that they were running on it. It was set at a normal listening level though, not a shout. It had pretty good up to the minute news. The big complaint that I had with it was that if there was an interesting spot on the news, you didn't want to turn the pump off until the spot was done. If you placed the handle back, it would shut off the tv screen immediately. Those pumps are still in place, but they no longer show the news while you're pumping. Not sure why.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I hate all of those talking pumps trying to sell you fuel additives and all sorts of shit. It does drown out the second hand rap we're forced to listen to sometimes.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score

I like Oregon, it is against the law to pump your own gas. Don't have to get out of the car to pump gas.
    Last edited by Plan B; 03-05-2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: more content

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Wait until you own something like a Triumph Spitfire, with the gas cap in the middle between the cockpit and trunk lid. Besides scarring the paint by dragging the hose across it, the attendants (fueling technicians?) would occasionally spray you with gasoline...
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score

I used the same trick that also worked on kiddie yours. Plug the speaker grill with whatever is handy. Bubble gum works.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

are there any of those that still run? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Wait until you own something like a Triumph Spitfire, with the gas cap in the middle between the cockpit and trunk lid. Besides scarring the paint by dragging the hose across it, the attendants (fueling technicians?) would occasionally spray you with gasoline...

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    I like Oregon, it is against the law to pump your own gas. Don't have to get out of the car to pump gas.
    Say what?!?!?!? Against the law to pump your own gas?!?!?!?! What the hell is that all about?? Talk about some Liberal bullsh*t. In my AO there isn't a gas station within 100 miles that isn't completely "self serve".

I've been wanting to open up a Full Serve type station over near the wealthy neighborhoods for about 6 years now. I know those doctor and lawyer's wives don't want to have to get out in the cold (or hot, or windy, etc....) and pump gas into their Porsches, BMW's, and Mecedes, etc...... I figured a very nicely landscaped, modern architecture type structure that doesn't scream "gas station", with preppy type attendants, both male and female (wearing polo shirts, khakis, and Docksiders) would be slammed with customers.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Back around 1971 I was a pump jockey and some guy popped the engine cover on his Porsche 914. I filled his crankcase with gas.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.