Thread: US drone brought down by Russia?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Default US drone brought down by Russia?

I'm seeing this report all over. Seems the Russian have technology to intercept and break our ground to drone communications. I have yet to see a picture of ruskies standing next to a drone but this story has been picked up by lots of news organizations.

Seems while our politicians are playing paddy cake all over the world the Russian have been advancing the capabilities of their military forces under our noses.

http://mashable.com/2014/03/14/russi...ded-u-s-drone/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...er-crimea-reg/

http://www.thewire.com/global/2014/0...-drone/359197/
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i sure a country with high technology can take out the drone threat.

drones are only useful for COIN operations and spying on disarmed citizens. against a hi tech country with a dedicated air force and space program?

i think only a moron would EXPECT drones to work on a nation with the same technology. had the administration had any wits left in their heads they should have known what works for a camel jock ain't going to work against a modern country with an aerospace program.

lots of ways to take a drone out firepower, EMP, jamming, hacking ect ect--

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

duplicate post--
    Last edited by j427x; 03-15-2014 at 02:15 PM. Reason: X

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

From the third link above

A Russian-owned arms and technology company claims that an American surveillance drone was disabled and captured while flying over Crimea. Reports are a little sketchy so-far, but this is what we know. Rostec, a state-owned Russian arms company, says a U.S. surveillance drone was essentially hacked electronically, on Friday using technology they developed, then crashed to the ground virtually intact
    According to Voice of Russia, a state-owned news operation, the drone was brought down with "electronic warfare." The fallen drone is "almost intact," according to the technology company, and currently in the hands of the Russian military. Rostec guesses, based on an identification number, that the drone was operated by the Reconnaissance Brigade, U.S. troops based in Bavaria.

Whether or not Russia actually shot down an American drone is entirely unclear, as no hard evidence has been presented to back up the claim.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

LOL it ws likley some trucker with a souped up CB radio . he keyed the Mike an drone crashed .

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    LOL it ws likley some trucker with a souped up CB radio . he keyed the Mike an drone crashed .
    Hah! That made me laugh! I can see it now....

"Breaker , Breaker 19..this be Viktor driving the Black Sea Express with the hammer down!

Boris , ya got your ears on?

I just saw a bear in the air, crash!"

Feedback Score

Well, whatever the technology, I hope putin wants to sell it to us civilians.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I used to hear stories of gb with liners shutting of AMC cars that had a radio signal electronic ignitions in hte 80's no idea if its true . My electronics teacher told them .

I suspect a big magnetic pulse beam of some sort would mess up this stuff a lot . so would a bunch of mylar ballons with long stings .

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

probably some kid on a hamm radio!--LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I used to hear stories of gb with liners shutting of AMC cars that had a radio signal electronic ignitions in hte 80's no idea if its true . My electronics teacher told them .

I suspect a big magnetic pulse beam of some sort would mess up this stuff a lot . so would a bunch of mylar ballons with long stings .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

the rusky's are making some good leaps... but they are still YEARS behind in electronics & hardware....

could they have maybe done it? sure.... but until you see proof that they did it & did it on purpose? dont believe it.

the more of these we put in the sky.. the more likely it is to have a failure & a crash/landing.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.