Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Traditional St Patricks day

Feedback Score

Saint Patrick was not Irish, and was a convert to Christianity...
    I think NYC had the first parade before our Independence AND Ireland's...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Funny thing is that they say there were no snakes in post glacial Ireland -
    So does that mean they named the glacier Saint Patrick?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

yes the first St Patricks Day was in NYC, started by the Ancient Order of Hiberians in 1740's,
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

yes the first St Patricks Day was in NYC, started by the Ancient Order of Hiberians in 1740's, no snakes in Ireland before or after glaciation, its a isolated island like iceland (also no snakes) there is not enough sun for snakes to regenerate heat but they are found in england, but not very numerous.
    yes we need a St Patrick in DC, what we really needed is a******* (deleted)
    there are different versions of who St Patrick was, what is important is that he brought christanity to pagan Ireland
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Ahh.... I had an uncle that was an AOH. A little strange, but a good man. Miss him.
    STG, as for pythons, we've got them here in Florida. In spades. You may hunt them for free if you wish.
    I don't eat any boiled meat and drink absolutely nothing dyed green.
    As for me and mine, we originate from West Virginia. Up the Queen.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking

Happy Saint Patricks Day. May the sun always shine on your face and the wind be at the back of yer sails. If you go too Connecticut or Pennsylvania, every 10th person you see is my Irish relative.. Ah few problems on the old Sod "County Claire" and they sent them here in the 1800s..
    Mostly fist fightin and poachin, nothing major..
    Everyone have a Happy St. Patrick's Day and be careful out there.. God be with yah Lads..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Why do Americans celebrate St Patricks Day ?
    Last edited by stalker1; Today at 01:15 AM. Reason: had to piss

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

We had our parade Saturday. Our group, the Arkansas Scottish Cultural Society, is invited to be in the parade by the Irish Cultural Society of Arkansas every year. We had a great time as always supporting our Irish cousins, and were very gratefull they invited us. Very large crowd, seems to grow every year. Didn't get to party afterwards, no DD. O well! Happy St Patricks Day! pic from 2012
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Traditional St Patricks day-st-patts-day.jpg  

"NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

What about Lucky Charms? You mean to tell me that's not real Irish? LOl. Just kidding.

They're Magically Delicious![15]
    They're Always After Me Lucky Charms!
    You'll Never Get Me Lucky charms!
    Hearts, Stars, and Horseshoes, Clovers and Blue Moons, Pots of Gold and Rainbows, and Red Balloons!
    Hearts, Stars, and Horseshoes, Clovers and Blue Moons, Hourglasses, Rainbows, and Tasty Red Balloons!
    Hearts, Stars, and Horseshoes, Clovers, Red Balloons, Hourglasses, Rainbows, and Six New Swirled Moons!
    Hearts (dun), Stars (dun), and Horseshoes (dun), Clovers (dun), Red Balloons (dun) , Hourglasses (dun), Rainbows... (dun dun dun) Rainbows, and Six Swirled Moons!
    Frosted Lucky Charms, they're magically delicious!

The various tag lines of Lucky Charms.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Why do Americans celebrate St Patricks Day ?
    Watch "Gangs of New York" by Martin Scorsese. Brits and Irish have been coming here since soon after they landed on Plymouth Rock.
    Old Irish did not like the new Irish, basic moral of the movie which Scorsese wanted to bring out.. Check the names of the KIA from the "War of Aggression" 1800s. Also known as the Civil War. Irish splashed all over the place.
    They got off the boat looking for gold in the streets and got a Union uniform instead..
    The Irish, like the many ethnic groups that make up the stew pot called America, have settled in well. As long as everyone comes here "legally" America has a fighting chance..
    "Why do the Irish and everyone who wants to be Irish that day celebrate Saint Patrick's Day?" Good question, hell I don't know. We use any excuse in the world for a party, even a good Irish wake.. Work hard, play hard.
    Happy Saint Patrick's day...
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.