Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Traditional St Patricks day

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Traditional St Patricks day

so before a few clowns post Irish jokes in a ttempt to demean and debase the Irish people/race. I thought I would pass on a few bits of info

1) corned beef is not Irish, they don't even know what it is, its an american tradition for St Patricks day,
    boiled ham is what the Irish eat and they eat it all the time, in Ireland Its called bacon as in Bacon cabbage, n potatoes, usually with some turnips, most traditional irish meals have more than one potato ie mashed, fries ( chips, boiled) plus turnips, vegggies

2) Irish folks don't say top of the morning a**hole americans do, they don't say "may the road rise up to meet you" crap either
    this nonsense makes one a Plastic Paddy.

3) yes the Irish like to drink guiness or smithwicks, some Powers, bushmills, jamison or poteen ( moonshine) not falling down drunk ( it happens)
    with the wave of recent eastern european immigrants, they now have very strict drinking and driving laws, pub life has changed drastically in the past 5 years

this is a religious holiday in Ireland, please try to understand that, not a excuse to get drunk

Jack
    Ancient Order of Hiberians

sla`n agus bannach
    Last edited by Sprat; 03-16-2014 at 01:46 PM.
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Only in my life, would I receive a little old irish lady to take care of on St Pattys weekend. Her family had a strong accent too. She called me a "strong young gasur".
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Sprat - health and blessings to you too.

As for St. Patrick's Day - I'm trying to remember the last time I drank any alcohol on St. Patrick's day (I think the last time was about 19 or 20 years ago). I also don't get into the green colored food and drink. Now I do like corned beef - but that is one of those meats that seems to be cheaper to buy around this time of year, so I try to enjoy it when I can get it for a cheaper price.

Hope your St. Patrick's day goes well for you and your family.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

Scotch Irish here Sprat.out of the Appalachian mountains.like my potatoes too.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Its my understanding the first Saint Patrick's day parade ever was in Boston ??

Im sort of thinking the day is almost bigger in America than in Ireland the way some people act ? here one of the local colleges almost shuts down as students hit he bars at 7am or so .

So the plastic green hat an beads i was wearing last night while I drank green beer was not cool? I felt cool I was MR Mcbiggun for a few hours last night LOL

does this mean eater is not about plastic colored eggs also ??????

Feedback Score

Still sing the Scottish song Loch Lomond.green beer, hats, all that no thanks.My ancestors were indentured servants brought to this country till they escaped into the mountains of Appalachia.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Cincinnati had the parade yesterday. I stayed home this year and watched it on the net.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

Oh Crap Sprat. Are you saying I have to throw away all my green beer? You really know how to wilt a guys 4 leaf clover.

I am at the bar now to reserve my place for tomorrow.

They let me sleep here on the bar stool.

Top of the morning to you sonny.

And thank God for Saint Patrick who drove all the snakes out of Ireland.

We need that guy in DC!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTexasGuy View Post
    And thank God for Saint Patrick who drove all the snakes out of Ireland.

We need that guy in DC!
    Funny thing is that they say there were no snakes in post glacial Ireland - so I wonder if the snakes they are referring to St Patrick having drove out of Ireland are a certain people or religion....
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

Could well be, I was not there in that place at that particular time.

But there are no snakes in Ireland as I am told. Unless dumbasses bought pythons and released them into the wild like they did in FLA.

I suspect a python (tropical beast by all accounts) could not survive in Ireland.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.