Thread: Police, FBI, Military Ordinance Disposal Unit Remove Stockpile Of Weapons, Ammunition

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Police, FBI, Military Ordinance Disposal Unit Remove Stockpile Of Weapons, Ammunition

Police, FBI, Military Ordinance Disposal Unit Remove Stockpile Of Weapons, Ammunition

SHARON, Conn. (AP) _ Authorities have removed a stockpile of military firearms and thousands of rounds of ammunition from the northwest Connecticut house of a man who died earlier this month.

The Republican-American reports that State Police came to George Laning’s house in Sharon after a friend found him dead March 8. The 59-year-old Laning died of unspecified natural causes days earlier.

Members of the state police Emergency Services Unit, the FBI and a team of Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal technicians from Westover Air Force Base in Chicopee, Mass., cataloged items including a 20 mm anti-tank gun on skis to AR-15s, grenades, bombs and a flamethrower. The equipment was removed by truck.

Laning was described as a reclusive man who shared his home with his father who died at age 94 in 2005.

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2014...ns-ammunition/

... a 20 mm anti-tank gun on skis to AR-15s, grenades, bombs and a flamethrower
    Black Blade: Obviously I have a long way to go on my preps yet.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

I wonder if they were functional or just for display. It wouldn't matter,they are evil in some peoples eyes anyway.
    Last edited by Plan B; 03-18-2014 at 08:54 PM.

Feedback Score

Evil my ass. Try 'beautiful'.
    Hunter

Feedback Score

"a 20 mm anti-tank gun on skis to AR-15s, grenades, bombs and a flamethrower"

So to translate from "Media Speak" to English, "Authorities found one AR-15, two Glock pistols and several hunting rifles."
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Im not sure why the military needed to be involved but they sure cant just leave the stuff in a empty house of a dead guy .

I wonder what was illegal an what was not ?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

EOD gets involved with any surplus stuff like bombs ect, as they did when I had them take away a couple 2.75" live practice rockets from a WW11 P-47 that I'd found amongst Dads stuff when we were shorting stuff out after he passed. Some of that stuff can be downright dangerous if not handled right, especially the old stuff. It all sounds like SOP to me.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.