Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Armed Fed Agents and Snipers?

Feedback Score

According to a report, I think I saw maybe on the washing free beacon, he hasn't paid rent on the land since prior to five years before 1998. In 1887 there were no national parks either. Teddy Roosevelt did that when he was in office in the early 1900. Should we give that land back to the people also?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

"Should we give that land back to the people also?"

Yes
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Nevada officials blast feds over treatment of cattle rancher Cliven Bundy...

April 10, 2014
    FoxNews.com

Cliven Bundy said his family's herd has always grazed on public land. (Courtesy Bundy Ranch)

On Saturday, federal authorities began seizing Bundy's cattle. (Courtesy: Bundy Ranch)

A defiant Cliven Bundy says he will not comply with court orders. (Courtesy: Bundy Ranch)

Two of Nevada’s top elected leaders are riding to the rescue of a rancher whose decades-long range war with the federal government has reached a boiling point in recent days.

The federal Bureau of Land Management has surrounded the Clark County ranch of Cliven Bundy with armed officers, helicopters and four-wheel drive vehicles. Last week, they began seizing cattle found grazing on adjacent federal lands in violation of a law meant to protect an endangered desert tortoise.

“No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans.”

- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval
    Both Gov. Brian Sandoval and Sen. Dean Heller have condemned the BLS for what they characterize as heavy-handed actions involving Bundy and other Silver State residents.

“No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans,” Sandoval, a Republican, said. “The BLM needs to reconsider its approach to this matter and act accordingly.”

Heller, also a Republican, said he told BLM Director Neil Kornze the situation is being handled poorly.

“I told him very clearly that law-abiding Nevadans must not be penalized by an over-reaching BLM,” Heller said.

Bundy, 67, who has been a rancher all his life, told FoxNews.com last week he believes the federal agency is trying to push him to the breaking point and likened his situation to the 1993 disaster in Waco, Texas, in which federal and state law enforcement agencies laid siege to a compound of religious fanatics calling themselves Branch Davidians, a move that resulted in the deaths of 76.

“This is a lot bigger deal than just my cows,” Bundy told FoxNews.com. “It’s a statement for freedom and liberty and the Constitution.”

The fight involves a 600,000-acre area under BLM control called Gold Butte, near the Utah border. The vast and rugged land is the habitat of the protected desert tortoise, and ranchers whose cattloe graze there must pay fees. Bundy, a descendant of Mormons who settled in Bunkerville more than 140 years ago, claims an inherent right to graze the area and casts the conflict as a states' rights issue. He said he doesn't recognize federal authority on land that he insists belongs to Nevada.

BLM spokeswoman Kirsten Cannon said agents on Saturday and Sunday rounded up 134 of an estimated 900 trespassing cattle in a vast 1,200-square-mile area of rangeland northeast of Las Vegas and the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Cannon said the roundup was a last resort and blamed Cliven Bundy for "inflammatory statements," including vows to fight and characterizations of the cow removal as a range war.

"Mr. Bundy has been in trespass on public lands for more than 20 years," Cannon said, adding that he owes the federal government some $1.1 million in unpaid grazing fees.

The bureau last week announced the area would be closed through May 12 while contractors conduct the roundup using helicopters, vehicles and temporary pens. Cannon said the agency paid the contractors $966,000.

Bundy's son, Dave Bundy, 37, was arrested Sunday for refusing to disperse as the roundup began, but freed the next day.

Federal officials tried to round up Bundy's livestock two years ago, but he refused to budge.

Since then, he has lost two federal court rulings — and a judge last October prohibited him from physically interfering with any seizure or roundup operation.

Federal officials said BLM enforcement agents were dispatched in response to statements Bundy made that the agency perceived as threats.

“When threats are made that could jeopardize the safety of the American people, the contractors and our personnel; we have the responsibility to provide law enforcement to account for their safety,” National Park Service spokeswoman Christie Vanover told reporters Sunday.

The trouble started when Bundy stopped paying grazing fees in 1993. He said he didn't have to because his Mormon ancestors worked the land since the 1880s, giving him rights to the land.

“We own this land,” he said, not the feds. He said he is willing to pay grazing fees but only to Clark County, not BLM.

“Years ago, I used to have 52 neighboring ranchers,” he said. “I’m the last man standing. How come? Because BLM regulated these people off the land and out of business.”

FoxNews.com's Robert Gearty contributed to this report.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Now I have bought and paid for my land and home in the Nebraska panhandle in good faith. So as you say, "yes" who is going to reimburse me for my land when it goes back to the Sioux nation? Remember "you" are the government and will be paying for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    "Should we give that land back to the people also?"

Yes

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

USDA ERS - Cattle & Beef: Statistics & Information

Follow the money. You do not pay Uncle Sugar you go bye bye.. 50 some ranchers put out of business? Well maybe, just maybe? the cattlemans association wanted them gone? Step in Uncle Sugar.
    Ranchers in states that had no grazing were at a disadvantage feed wise. Level the playing field, make these guys pay for what they had a good thing going on since the 1800s.
    Range Wars using Uncle Sugar. William Bonnie where are yah?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

I also read that the BLM employees are moving the cattle and not armed. Because they have been threatened with deadly force, there is a federal agency, I don't know which, federal marshals maybe, who is armed and protecting the BLM people. I couldn't read the name on the helicopter. Maybe that would say who the "other" fed were.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Over 70% of the land in the state of Nevada is occupied by the Feral Government. It was seized long after American citizens were already on the land. An equitable solution perhaps would be to have the Feral government own an equal percentage of all the land among all the states (including the eastern states). Would eastern states be willing to remove people from the land so the Feral Government can take ownership? I think that easterners would be a little upset. There is good reason for the western "Sage Brush Rebellion".

These "agencies" are completely out of control. The Feral Government Mafia is once again sending in their enforcers to extort more and more. I suspect that there will be more guerrilla action by patriots soon enough if these abuses keep up under the recent totalitarian regimes holding power in Washington DC. Where BJ Clintoon and Janet Reno failed after losing public opinion with the armed assaults on Ruby Ridge and Waco, it appears that Barack is ready to move "Forward" with more of the same. Could get rather "interesting" if not blood soaked. History repeats ...

- Black Blade

Feedback Score

Heck. Not quite half of Wyoming is federal land (47.3% ?) I have never been so spoiled than being able to drive north of Rawlins and hunt any time (in Season) without having to get permission from some asshole land owner who wants to charge me a million dollars a deer for permission to hunt on their land. AND THEN getting reimbursed one third of the licencs if a deer is taken on their land. Who is being crooked?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ranch Riot!! Bundy Ranch Protesters Tasered by Federal Agents and Attacked by K9′s.

GMN Telemedia, Published on Apr 9, 2014

Contains Graphic images.

Protestors at the Bundy Ranch in Bunkerville, Nevada take on the Feds and stand their ground.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
    It's a show, just to let the rest of us

see what can happen to us, if we don't

behave the way that they want us too...
    Brother 44044 doesn't post often, but when he does, it's pure Gospel.
    Hunter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.