Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Insane in the membrane? Pot IS bad for you!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Insane in the membrane? Pot IS bad for you!

According to a recent study even casual use causes changes within the brain that seem to be permanent ---if I read this correctly.
    Study Links Casual Marijuana Use to Changes in Brain - Health - MSN Healthy Living
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Like any medical "study" there will always be others that have different conclusions. I take all medical stories with a grain of salt. One day they have the cure for cancer and the next day they don't. Go figure.

Always "Follow The Money" when researching these alleged "studies". Note the backers of Harvard studies include uber-liberal (make that "Communist") backed "The Joyce Foundation" for example.

Harvard eh? Some other so called "studies":

Firearms Research | Harvard Injury Control Research Center | Harvard School of Public Health

Suicide | Harvard Injury Control Research Center | Harvard School of Public Health

Gun Threats and Self-Defense Gun Use | Harvard Injury Control Research Center | Harvard School of Public Health

Homicide | Harvard Injury Control Research Center | Harvard School of Public Health

I think this should settle any thoughts about academic and medical "Studies".

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I figure folks will agree or disagree and no amount of "studies" will solve the issue. You either like to use pot or you don't. I for one choose not to. Not really for any moral reason, I just don't like it! Never did. Just made me sleepy. Didn't see what folks saw in it.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Blade, where did you find that this was backed by Harvard? I didn't see that.
    SOURCES: Hans Breiter, M.D., professor, psychiatry and behavioral science, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago; Jodi Gilman, Ph.D., researcher, Center for Addiction Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston; Paul Armentano, deputy director, NORML, Washington, D.C.; April 16, 2014, Journal of Neuroscience
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    Blade, where did you find that this was backed by Harvard? I didn't see that.
    SOURCES: Hans Breiter, M.D., professor, psychiatry and behavioral science, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago; Jodi Gilman, Ph.D., researcher, Center for Addiction Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston; Paul Armentano, deputy director, NORML, Washington, D.C.; April 16, 2014, Journal of Neuroscience
    Casual marijuana use creates brain changes, new report shows - Health & wellness - The Boston Globe

Snippit:

In his study, done in collaboration with researchers at Harvard University, scientists looked at the brains of 20 relatively light marijuana users and 20 people who did not use it at all. All 40 were college students in the Boston area.

Continued: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...anges/7749309/

Since Harvard is in Boston where the "study" occurred .....

Point is most any "study" is just that .... a "study". There are always conflicting medical studies and it is all just a waste of time and money. Hell, even doctors used to advertize the benefits of smoking cigarettes on TV for several years. My point is I don't believe shit until proven. I suspect that alcohol and tobacco are much worse than cannabis but then there's always money in "grants" for more "studies". Researchers are always chasing money (grants).
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I think if I smoked marijuana in the 70s it would have made me feel paranoid. In my neighborhood a kilo of Mexican could be had for $300.
    Remember the Jennie & Owl ATM cards. I knew a couple of guys who would write each other a check for $150 after the banks closed on Friday. They would
    deposit the checks and withdraw cash on Friday night and deposit cash on Sunday to cover the checks.
    Last edited by railbuggy; 04-16-2014 at 06:41 PM. Reason: To protect the innocent
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

I don't smoke dope. Have I ever? To quote some guy from a few decades ago, once outside of international boundaries. Makes you stupid and paranoid.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the big "O" never said HE didn't inhale-- the one lie he didn't say!--LOL!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    the big "O" never said HE didn't inhale-- the one lie he didn't say!--LOL!

Feedback Score

Excessive use of Cannibus, like excessive use of tobacco, alcohol, and cough syrup, will bend and warp your DNA. However, when a person has cancer or claucomal pain that makes you want to eat a phuquen gun, then the last sentence becomes ..N.O. .P.R.O.B.L.E.M..
    Hunter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.