Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gun silencer sales are booming

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Gun silencer sales are booming

Gun silencer sales are booming

Snippit:

Sales are booming for silencers, the cylindrical devices used to muffle gunfire.

The civilian market for silencers soared 37% in 2013, when the total number shot up to nearly a half a million, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives registry. That's compared to 360,000 in 2012 and 285,000 in 2011.

Silencers are so popular that there's a nine-month wait to have a registration approved by the ATF, according to Ben Shim, a certified firearms instructor and gun industry analyst with CRT Capital Group in Stamford, Conn.

"People have gone crazy buying guns, but they're done buying them for the time being, so they're buying accessories," Shim said.

Many gun owners rushed to buy assault rifles after the Newtown massacre, fearing that a weapons ban would be enacted. Now, Shim says, those owners are customizing their guns with "a dizzying array of accessories." Add-ons include silencers, flashlights, laser scopes, stocks, pistol grips and rail systems for attaching even more accessories.

"The AR-15 weapons platform is very modular," said Shim, referring to a type of rifle used by the U.S. military. "It's like Barbie for men."

Continued: Gun silencer sales are booming - Apr. 22, 2014

Black Blade: Hmmm... a plastic soda bottle, cotton, a small diameter PVC tube and roll of duct tape and instant suppressor under $10.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

You Class-III silencer guys. If a person wanted to make a noise-reduction-appliance for a rifle, I assume you have to get a permit for owning one just as if you bought it. Any extra bullkrap involved if you want to make one?
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

200 bucks and the wait for approval to do it on the stamp.been thinking about it for awhile and I wonder why I want one. Hell a sound enhanser sounds good to me! Let people know you're making noise! A megaphone on a 22 where I live wouldn't be noticed!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Black blade I like the name of this thread! LOL

Feedback Score

stalker, I agree about a megaphone on a .22. Buy I have an idea for a suppressor on a FAL that should take the noise down so low you'll be able too hear the action cycling over the report of the cartridge.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    Gun silencer sales are booming

Snippit:

Sales are booming for silencers, the cylindrical devices used to muffle gunfire.

The civilian market for silencers soared 37% in 2013, when the total number shot up to nearly a half a million, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives registry. That's compared to 360,000 in 2012 and 285,000 in 2011.

Silencers are so popular that there's a nine-month wait to have a registration approved by the ATF, according to Ben Shim, a certified firearms instructor and gun industry analyst with CRT Capital Group in Stamford, Conn.

"People have gone crazy buying guns, but they're done buying them for the time being, so they're buying accessories," Shim said.

Many gun owners rushed to buy assault rifles after the Newtown massacre, fearing that a weapons ban would be enacted. Now, Shim says, those owners are customizing their guns with "a dizzying array of accessories." Add-ons include silencers, flashlights, laser scopes, stocks, pistol grips and rail systems for attaching even more accessories.

"The AR-15 weapons platform is very modular," said Shim, referring to a type of rifle used by the U.S. military. "It's like Barbie for men."

Continued: Gun silencer sales are booming - Apr. 22, 2014

Black Blade: Hmmm... a plastic soda bottle, cotton, a small diameter PVC tube and roll of duct tape and instant suppressor under $10.
    I like the oil filter suppressor/adaptor. Funny as hell, but works!!

Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah, the whole $200 tax is silly when you can rig up a homemade suppressor in a couple minutes from items found around the house. Might not be quality or fancy but the absurdity of government interference in our lives never ends. I remember the uproar over the oil filter suppressor when the anti-gun freaks found out. Oddly enough many places in Europe the use of suppressors is required for hunting.

Yeah, the title is funny but I think it probably was a slow day in the newsroom and the author and editor decided to have a little fun.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    You Class-III silencer guys. If a person wanted to make a noise-reduction-appliance for a rifle, I assume you have to get a permit for owning one just as if you bought it. Any extra bullkrap involved if you want to make one?
    Hunter
    It's the same process and tax as buying one, except you file a Form 1 aplication to make a firearm instead of a Form 4 transfer. Once it is approved, you can then start making it. Have to engrave your info on it, serial number, etc. like a commercially made one. All NFA items except MGs can be made by an individual, using the Form 1 application. There is no "permit", unless your state requires one.

As for the FAL, don't forget the gas system will be loud, and supersonic ammo is noisy just from the bullet breaking the sound barrier. Most suppressors for guns like that only reduce the muzzle blast noise to levels similar to what the other sound sources produce, making them more size/weight effecient.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

in Ireland you can buy them over the counter no questions asked, in fact it is encouraged

hollywood movies caused this for us, especially the movies with revolvers and silencers since that would never work anyway
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Yeah Hollywierd has the innocent little Liberal dumba$$es thinking that you can screw a silencer on ANY gun and immediately it makes it so quiet that all you hear is the mechanical noises emenating from the gun, and the bad guy gurgling as he drowns in his own blood. Why surely American citizens should not have easy access to such a dangerous and barbaric torture device!!! Freaking Libtards!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.