Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Will firing squads make a comeback in the US?

Feedback Score

I have to agree with the esteemed emeritus scholar and gentleman, 4th ID Vet. There be a few people on death row who are innocent. It's true.

The EU (I hates em) has stopped selling lethal injection drugs to us. They done put in an embargo.

Now my US home is in Texas. As Ron White one said.."my state put in an express lane to the gas chamber".

So states seek older, more traditional ways. They say the old ways are best.

If thats true I say get some horses and draw and quarter them.

Now I don't much like the electric chair..they can screw that up in a heartbeat. Fry that guy till it stinks up the entire room.

You ever smell burning human flesh? It's a smell that sticks with you. It gets in your clothes and up your nose. You can never forget it.

Hanging..you need to tie that knot just right and put in the correct angle of the dangle and insure you have the correct drop to snap a neck.

Firing squad however, is idiot proof!

Oh and there is this..Quote of the day from TN republican rep Dennis Powers (about bringing back the electric chair) that made me laugh and smile.

"Its not our job to judge. That's God's job to judge. It is our job to arrange the meeting."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

South Texas about the smell of burning flesh I as a young and dumb kid who had gone through a factory that made meat for sale from live cattle to out the door product asked a man who was my dad's age if he had ever smelled that smell.turned out he was in Europe in ww2 and got that look and said yeah.that's when I got why he had that bottle of bourbon under his front seat.damn fine man and a good friend.

Feedback Score

Politically, I would say I stand 8 or 10 steps to the right of Ronald Reagan and John Wayne. I have, however, a problem with capital punishment. While I think we should be at ALL TIMES armed, and if threatened, send the basturd back to his maker, marked 'defective'. I have sat across from prospective jurors in the courthouse, being told in earnest, 'I can tell if they're guilty just by looking at them'. That particular hand on the needle's plunger or 'Ol' Sparky's' switch really bothers me.
    Now STG agrees with 4th that there are indeed innocent men on death row. I've got no idea how a good man can be comfortable with that.
    NOW, IN DAYS OF OLD WHEN KNIGHTS WERE BOLD AND WOMEN KNEW THEIR PLACES;
    If a 'landowner' was traveling and came upon a 'known' highwayman, the landowner was to kill that highwayman. Not dial 911. Not call the sheriff. Not ask a neighbor what they should do. They were to KILL THEM. I have less of a problem with that than I do with state sponsored murder. People in small communities know who the bad guys are better than the badge-boy ass-hats.
    Right now we have TWO PENNSYLVANIA STATE JUDGES serving 28 and 18 years for taking BRIBES and KICKBACKS, to excessively sentence people to PRIVATELY OWNED PRISONS. We as a society cannot in good conscience allow a system that is home to trash like that in charge of killing people. We even have Supreme Court justices saying that just having PROOF a convicted person didn't commit a crime is not a good reason for a retrial if the trial itself was 'fair'. That judge should join the LEOs in the masks.
    And douchebag remarks like that said by Rep. Powers belong in a tavern between two guys sucking down a longneck. The remark shouldn't be able to be attributed to a 'lawmaker'.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

"the esteemed emeritus scholar and gentleman, 4th ID Vet."

Well the girlfriend called me "White trailer trash" the other day. Been thinking about that, starting to think she is not lying.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Well 4th. You've got to take what STG says with a grain of salt. Hell. He's from Texas. And, your sweety probably knows best anyways. Just sayin'.
    Hunter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.