• 1 Post By Black Blade
  • 1 Post By hunter_02

Thread: Restaurant posts ‘No Guns Allowed’ sign, gets robbed at gunpoint

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Restaurant posts ‘No Guns Allowed’ sign, gets robbed at gunpoint

Restaurant posts ‘No Guns Allowed’ sign, gets robbed at gunpoint

Snippit:

But everyone involved needs to face one very important fact. They were not murdered only because the robbers did not decide to kill them. The robbers had all the power. No one could resist them. Why? Because the owner of The Pit Authentic Barbecue has banned guns in his restaurant.

Here’s a photo of The Pit Authentic Barbecue, Durham, from the street.

And here’s a close up of the door, showing the sign.

Photos used by permission of an anonymous blog reader

Take a close look at the anti-gun sign. See how it’s not just some generic “No Guns” sign the owner, Greg Hatem picked up down at the local sign emporium. No, these are custom jobs. He went out of his way to make custom signs to make sure we gun owners felt unwelcome.

For those who can’t make it out behind the reflection, let me describe it. The three pictograms are labeled “NC State Capitol,” “NC Legislative Building,” and “The Pit.” Above the pictograms it says, “No Weapons” and below, “No Concealed Firearms.”

Continued: Restaurant posts 'No Guns Allowed' sign, gets robbed at gunpoint | An NC Gun Blog

Black Blade: I am always armed regardless - however, I choose to never frequent businesses that hate me soI wouldn't have been able to help these folk if I were in the area. I figure that the management and their customers made their choice and must suffer the consequences of their actions. We often hear of robbers who rob, abuse the staff and customers and even murder them so there are "no witnesses". You take your own chances in life and so it goes ... Can you say "Karma"?
    2ndAmendican likes this.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default And this restaurant has a change of heart - after gun owner boycott

Steakhouse in GA Removes “No Guns” Sign After Boycott From Gun Owners

Snippit:

"Something about guns and red meat just go together. The two things are quintessentially American and forcing someone to enjoy one without the other apparently doesn’t go over too well with gun owners, especially in the South, where we take our gun rights and our ribeyes very seriously."

"T-Bonz steakhouse in Augusta, GA recently placed a 'No Guns' sign on their front door. The backlash was pretty much immediate. Customers began letting the restaurant know that if their gun wasn’t welcome, they would take their business elsewhere." ...

Continued: Steakhouse in GA Removes ?No Guns? Sign After Boycott From Gun Owners
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I stopped going to my local grocery store an sent them a letter telling them to get F&^ked .

I also don't appreciate how there now saying no knives on a lot pof the stupid signs . I carry some sort of knife every were I go . There butchers have great big knives

MY post office has a signe no guns or knives but they ship both how is that supposed to work ????

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You reap what you sow.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    Restaurant posts ‘No Guns Allowed’ sign, gets robbed at gunpoint Can you say "Karma"?
    As 'Walter' would say, 'DUMB ASS'
    Hunter
    2ndAmendican likes this.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Definitely Karma at work. Unless the establishment, or municipal building has a metal detector and LEO at the door my wife and I still carry. We just don't make it known. If I have a choice, I'm not going to give a place like that my business anyway, but sometimes you get in a situation where you have no choice but to do some form of business with them. Just because they have a sign up that says "no guns" it doesn't mean that criminals are going to bother with it, so neither am I. F*ck 'em! If I choose to save my own life and/or the life of my wife, they can kiss my @$$!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Definitely Karma at work. Unless the establishment, or municipal building has a metal detector and LEO at the door my wife and I still carry. We just don't make it known. If I have a choice, I'm not going to give a place like that my business anyway, but sometimes you get in a situation where you have no choice but to do some form of business with them. Just because they have a sign up that says "no guns" it doesn't mean that criminals are going to bother with it, so neither am I. F*ck 'em! If I choose to save my own life and/or the life of my wife, they can kiss my @$$!
    Unfortunately that is exactly the situation you don't want to be in. Use your gun in that situation and some greedy lawyer is going to find a paycheck. Just sayin. Better just to not do business with them.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.