Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Man dies in veterans’ hospital after police stomped him for trying to leave

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

+1 the same way the NSA, FBI, BATF the state department ans other agencys have--

when a government agency investigates an incident they caused --they ALL WAYS find no fault on themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken3030 View Post
    Quote from the article: "The agency investigated itself and declared itself clear of wrongdoing." That is the major problem. Whenever something like this happens the agency involved investigates itself. WTF
    I know from reading here that many of you vets have gotten good treatment at the VA. From my dealings with them when my dad was going to the VA in New Orleans I would only seek treatment there only if it was the last hospital standing. I had a security guard there act like he was going to pull a gun on me because I was smoking with one foot on the wrong side of the yellow line! He almost wrote me a ticket!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Absolutely uncalled for, and it should be investigated by an outside agancy. Obviously there is some kind of wrong doing, and someone seriously needs to be held accountable. I'd whip someone's a$$ or worse if that was my father or uncle or other relative.

I still say get rid of VA hospitals and give veterans a card of some sort that is to be accepted ANYWHERE in America and her territories, with whatever billing to be sent to the gov for payment. The services should be guaranteed, and fair price for standard visits/procedures agreed upon and fixed. Similar to a HMO. Contrary to popular opinion, I got some of the best and least expensive healthcare when our company used an HMO format for their Medical insurance for many years.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Now could they have restrained him if he was going loony tunes? Well very possibly. But their is not a law against refusing treatment and leaving a V.A. none. Now if your a possible danger to yourself or others, the V.A. Police will stop you. Will.
    I suspect there is another side to this story that were not hearing . Im sure the wife is not exactly impartial here .

I think it absolutely sucks he was waiting 4 hours an I know that the VA sucks I used to take my father in law an IMO way to much BS going on .

I also agree investigations should be done by outside agencies.

In WI officer involved shootings are now handled by out side agencies .

The truth is we have no clue how the guy was acting saying or doing an we have no clue how the security team handled it .

What sucks is a man who served his county has died an was treated poorly buy the VA hospital . Vets who need medical attention should be treated with respect like any one else who should be

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

VA hospital police caused fatal blow on vet who grew tired of waiting - Washington Times
    A littel more info

The suit claims Mr. Montano decided he wanted to leave Loma Linda and try to get treated at the Long Beach VA, but he didn’t want to first remove the shunt from his arm, the station reported. The hospital insisted that the shunt be removed before he left, but Mr. Montano refused. VA Police were called, and his widow claims that a nurse who witnessed the incident told her the police beat her husband and slammed him to the ground, the suit claims.

Read more: VA hospital police caused fatal blow on vet who grew tired of waiting - Washington Times
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    The hospital and police maintain that Mr. Montano was belligerent and proper measures were taken. The hospital said the veteran fell and hit his head, the Fox affiliate reported.

Read more: VA hospital police caused fatal blow on vet who grew tired of waiting - Washington Times
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Feedback Score

THE SHUNT DIDN'T HAVE TO BE REMOVED. My sister lived with a shunt in her chest for 18 months.
    THE FIRST THING THE HOSPITAL DID WAS LIE SAYING HE FELL AND HIT HIS HEAD. The nurse cleaning him up told the wife the truth about the Gestapo Stomp. She will probably end up jobless.
    PHUQUE LIARS
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

“Somebody put enough pressure on the left side of his neck to crush the inside part of the carotid artery. It broke off into little pieces, and formed the blood clot, that formed the stroke, that killed Mr. Montano"

Ok so the "BUILDING SECURITY" not the Police used excessive force to subdue this guy. (A knee to the neck with SLIGHT pressure is standard, has been for yrs) causing the plaque buildup in his artery to break apart (Left that out of the story) and that resulted in a stroke, causing death.
    I see the point of WHY STOP HIM, he should be free to go. But In not seeing the Cop Bashing undertones. Thats the same as all the shit posted about EXTREMELY FAT GUY IN VERY BAD HEALTH IS BEATEN TO DEATH BY THE POLICE WHILE HIS FAMILY WATCHES. Then they post a Pic of the SWAT team in training that has nothing to do with the story.
    After the fact it is the FAT guy starts a fight with the police and dies from a heart attack with blood pressure being 190/130 and cholesterol being 400. But the cops are asshole. Are there Cops that should not be, Hell yes. I had two in my academy that I wanted to kick their ass's. Most everyone I worked with here in GA had leashes in their cars to take dogs to the shelter NOT shoot them all. If we took someone to Jail with a F'n brush burn on them we had a shitload of paperwork to do. Maybe its just me, there were two parents that beat and starved their 6yr old daughter to death. When she died they tried to burn her body in a trash can. I never see these posts on here about "Put a bullet to their head"
    Like I said, Are there Cops that should be Locked up for Crimes like that, YES. To do nothing but post a bunch of stories from 3 yrs ago to fluff up the COPS SUCK motto, I guess my time here is about finished.
    Back to building.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

how much force should it take to restrain an old man who is on a kidney machine?

the old guy probably had cancer and host of other illnesses too--

how much of a 'threat" was he? one good fart and hes gone--

if i wasn't hurting anyone they should have just let him alone.

dam it big un-- you ever have to deal with the fricking VA?

the abuse, neglect and incompetence is well known.

what are they going to say "the security/police officer was assaulted by a old dieing veteran who probably could NOT get treatment and was delusional.

it is STILL the damn VAs fault for not getting the guy treatment.

when you kidneys start to fail you go a little nutz--

and letting vets DIE from kidney failure is SOP for the VA. aside from the beating that exactly what killed my dad--

it is hard to defend a institution that has no defense and its conduct is inexcusable.

what caused the man to get into the nut state WAS the NEGLECT and failure to get him on the kidney machine.

apparently someone at the VA thought he wasn't dieing quite fast enough for the SYSTEM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

this appears to be more a case of "rent-a-guard" gone wrong at the VA than it does "killer cops" are out of control again..

not to mention this story is 3 years old...
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

So we have zero facts on a 3 year old incident that the wife who was not present is now suing an were all going to guess at what happened am blame the security people an of course all the doctors an nursed are liars with no real facts . ????

yea he may have been beaten or hey maybe he fell down or maybe he was taking swings at cops an they retained him an he fell down or some of both .

I just cant see how any one can form an opinion based on a one sided story with no other facts presented .

My gut is telling me he was pissed off because he had to wait an was being a dick an was telling every one how it was going to be an the nurses wanted to remove his stent that may or may not be his property an security was called because he was being difficult an it escalated . My gut is telling me if had just calmed down an had his stent removed as requested he would have been free to go. My gut tells me he was lipping of hollering an an being a jerk because he was pissed of. I have no facts but I guess I have suspicions . If the guy can walk an move he can be a threat to any one around him . M gut tells me there was maybe a scuffle an he fell an a officer possibly fell on top of him maybe . Or maybe he did piss off the cop enough to get him self hurt .

Now if your gut tells you its a government conspiracy to kill vets who go the VA fine I cant prove you wrong as there is simply no real facts .

My gut tells me the wife wants a whole bunch of money . Maybe she is intilted to it maybe not . Its up to the courts to decide were real facts will be presented .

Feedback Score

HERE TO HELP!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.