Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Man dies in veterans’ hospital after police stomped him for trying to leave

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Man dies in veterans’ hospital after police stomped him for trying to leave

Man dies in veterans’ hospital after police stomped him for trying to leave

Jonathan Montano after being assaulted by police. (Source: KTTV)

policestateusa.com / by Site Staff in News / June 2, 2014

LOMA LINDA, CA — When a 65-year-old veteran tried to discharge himself from a VA hospital, he received a fatal beating from police, his widow alleges in a federal lawsuit.

Jonathan Montano, 65, survived the Vietnam War, but he did not survive the Department of Veterans Affairs. His widow, Norma Montano, has come forth with a complaint against the VA describing how beating by police caused him to die an untimely death.

Mr. Montano was a dialysis patient who sought care at the VA hospital in Loma Linda, California. However, the long wait times proved impossible for him to endure. On May 25th, 2011, After waiting 4 hours without receiving his treatment, he became “frustrated” and “decided to leave the hospital and to go to the VA Hospital in Long Beach,” the complaint states.

As Norma went to fetch the car, Mr. Montano was told by nurses that he may not leave. Hospital staff summoned the on-site enforcers from the Department of Veterans Affairs Police Department. They were told to physically prevent him from leaving.

A few minutes later, when Norma returned, she discovered her husband was bruised and bloodied. A staff member held up her arms and said, “all I know is he fell and had a stroke,” Norma recalled.

READ MORE
    Tommo likes this.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

WTF!?!?!?!
    Tommo likes this.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Jesus Christ ! Really! ?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i told you the big "O" is trying to kill off all the vets--

now they have stooped to "gestapo" tactics-- like killing by giving the wrong meds wasn't sending the right message--

there SHOULD be a RIOT over this outrage.

Feedback Score

They're from the government. They're here to help us.
    Thank gawd, the obamasiah is here to save us.
    Hunter
    Vest for cops? My ass. Make it bodybags for cops. That's a project I can get behind.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Yeap Obama did it. He instructed hospital security to beat veteran to death .. The man new to much he had to be stopped .

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

biggun the darn thing is the buck does stop at Nappies office. As Commander in Chief he has to have people look into this incident. Knowing the V.A. Police, their for the most part pretty decent Men and Women, most are Vets themselves.
    I am not a Doctor but I dated a hot woman Doctor one time, damn she used to get naked and, oh never mind. Anyway the black and blue on the guys arms, almost guarantee from easy bruising from dialysis. Cuts on his face? maybe from falling down, maybe? Now BBs post, o.k. interesting. But we can all have opinions regarding it.
    BB with no offense too you or the validity of the thread. I do not buy it, nope. V.A. Police stomping the guy, uh just no. Now could they have restrained him if he was going loony tunes? Well very possibly. But their is not a law against refusing treatment and leaving a V.A. none. Now if your a possible danger to yourself or others, the V.A. Police will stop you. Will.
    V.A. Police are all Federal now, they have to deal with some tough son of a guns. Guys and Girls who have been their done that. I personally like them and stop in their office and B.S. about guns with them.
    Bottom line, now my .02, hell everyone has opinions. Their are cameras covering every square inch of every V.A. everywhere, think even when your pissing? If true and they put the whip too this guy, heads will roll.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

hell the VA has killed THOUSANDS of vets --including my DAD with medical malpractice--

now they have just stooped to killing vets outright--??? maybe some steroid security guard went on some kind of rampage?

a 65 year old man on a kidney machine or just off one ain't gonna be much of a threat to anybody --so WHY so much force?

no telling what kind of shit goes on with VA security if it is run like everything else federal--well-- you get the picture--

i personally have never had any problems with VA security --but since the VA killed my dad by giving him medications that cause heart attacks --while he was in the VA for heart attacks-- i haven't been back.

it was the kidney ward that did that little screw up too--

Feedback Score

Quote from the article: "The agency investigated itself and declared itself clear of wrongdoing." That is the major problem. Whenever something like this happens the agency involved investigates itself. WTF
    I know from reading here that many of you vets have gotten good treatment at the VA. From my dealings with them when my dad was going to the VA in New Orleans I would only seek treatment there only if it was the last hospital standing. I had a security guard there act like he was going to pull a gun on me because I was smoking with one foot on the wrong side of the yellow line! He almost wrote me a ticket!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

+1 WTF?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.