Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kernelkrink

Thread: HEY YOUNG GUYS.... MRAP ????

Feedback Score

Default HEY YOUNG GUYS.... MRAP ????

Gentlemen, how does infantry (without rockets; tows, LAWS, etc.) defeat MRAPs? The next town over from me just took delivery of what looks like a 'CAIMAN' MRAP. Is there an air intake where volatiles can be inserted? How are these things taken out without a bazooka?
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Gentlemen, how does infantry (without rockets; tows, LAWS, etc.) defeat MRAPs?
    IED

Is there an air intake where volatiles can be inserted?
    Don't know, maybe it's on top where it's hard to get to?

How are these things taken out without a bazooka?
    IED or mine will disable it. They are mainly designed to keep the passenger compartment intact from explosives set off near / beside / under them, the suspension and drive train usually gets damaged and makes it inoperable.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

IED, FUGASS, mines , flame-throwers--

and i was all ways intrigued by those self forming projectiles , and the off route mine concept--

and then you have several tank traps .

any tank can be destroyed even a M1 IF it manages to get itself in a trap--

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

our town just had one, they showed it on TV last night, the officer was wearing multicam camo, he talked about how the town needed it for hurricanes and such
    last week BB had a webpage he directed us to that had a article on how to defeat these I can't find it

found it http://uscrow.org/2013/04/10/how-to-...ent-disabling/

http://uscrow.org/2013/04/08/how-to-...ored-vehicles/
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Yea sprat. That's the one I'm talking about. Screw hurricanes. The first thing that's going to happen with that is it's going to be used to serve a bullcrap warrant, AT THE WRONG HOUSE, and someone's going to die.
    Anyone using that thing should end up in a bodybag, alongside anyone wearing a balaclava.
    Hunter

Feedback Score

One of these might work!

“The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

one of the problems with the striker was al-quiada could burn its wheels off--

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

we got one up in joplin for the sheriffs dept i think.

give it a year and they'll all be out rusting in the backyard of the precincts. the $ for upkeep on these things is substantial from what i understand. all but the most well funded depts will retire them quickly i imagine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have read these use a standard airbrake system like a big diesel semi uses. Meaning plastic and rubber air lines exposed underneath. Meaning fire and even a hole in the brake canisters will disable them. Airbrakes have heavy springs to apply the parking/emergency brakes. To get one to move, air pressure is applied to release the parking brakes, the default for a pressure drop is applied. Once the pressure onboard drops to somewhere around 70 psi or so they start to apply. Dead in the street. A quick patch job and your captured MRAP can then be used against it's former owners.

They also have a high center of gravity, lots of side roads in a town, usually a block apart. A good T-Bone with a large truck and they are on their side spinning their wheels in the air.
    2ndAmendican likes this.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.