Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: D-Day WWII..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default D-Day WWII..

God Bless em All, the young and the short and the tall.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

So many fell that day in our defense God Bless them ALL, We are losing our World War II vets at an alarming rate now
    Last edited by Akfite; 06-06-2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: spelling corrected
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i woke up early this morning way before daylight--

i thought about what today IS.

on the news there was nothing but pop-tart crap.

i remember those men who stormed the beach under fire and fought their way through the hedge rows.

even if the popular media would rather forget.

Feedback Score

Because of my father, I knew a lot of these gentlemen. I consider myself lucky to have known them. They are missed and I make sure my grandsons know.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

This is a good one

WWII vet missing from nursing home in England turns up in France for D-Day anniversary

A British World War II veteran who was reported missing from his nursing home on Thursday night turned up on the beach in Normandy — wearing his medals — during the 70th anniversary of the D-Day invasion on Friday.

Bernard Jordan, 89, left The Pines, a nursing home in Hove, England, on Thursday morning and did not return that night. Dressed in a gray raincoat with a jacket underneath that had his medals pinned to it, Jordan took a bus to France to be there for the anniversary of the largest amphibious assault in history, according to a report by The Guardian. Meanwhile, the nursing home reported him missing to the Sussex Police at 7:15 p.m. on Thursday, resulting in a search of the area and local hospitals.

At 10:30 p.m., the home received a call from a younger veteran saying that he met Jordan on the bus and that he was accompanying him to Normandy. Gracewell Healthcare, which runs The Pines, confirmed it was Jordan, who is also a former mayor of Hove.

"Gracewell Healthcare can confirm that The Pines care home resident Bernard Jordan attended the D-Day commemorations in Normandy today,'' Gracewell Healthcare CEO Peter Curtis said in a statement to TODAY.com. "Mr. Jordan has full capacity, which means that he can come and go from the home as he pleases, which he does on most days. At no stage was he banned from going to the commemorations."
    In fact, the home's staff had tried to get Jordan on an accredited tour with the Royal British Legion at one point, but were unable to since it was a last-minute request.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Something fitting I think.

Last edited by stalker1; Today at 01:15 AM. Reason: had to piss

Feedback Score

Not bad for a kid. And she didn't need any back-up.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Something fitting I think.

That was friggen beautiful..

Coils that Brit WWII gentleman who they said could not go too his D-Day reunion. "I can't do what you say. Well put it where the sun don't shine, I am on the way." Holy sheeeeeeeeet he is going viral all over the air waves. God I love it. Good for him.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I cant even imagine the fear that those men must have had as they hit the beach . I have nothing but respect for anyone who go through that to be able to perform as they did is amazing .

Out Vets do not get enough respect fort he freedom they have given so many at such a very high cost .
    It sickens me that Private groups have to beg for donations to to fly our vets to DC to view the memorial in there honor when our Presidents wife is treated to multi million dollar vacations On the tax payers dime . TRhe presidents dog is given more respect than our vets .

IMO Air Force One should not leave the ground until every WWII veteran has been flown to DC an to view the memorial in there honor .

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post

IMO Air Force One should not leave the ground until every WWII veteran has been flown to DC an to view the memorial in there honor .
    IMO the best seats in Air Force One should be reserved for them.
    Last edited by stalker1; Today at 01:15 AM. Reason: had to piss

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.