Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pittsburgh SWAT breaks into wrong home, leaving innocent grandmother ‘violated’

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Pittsburgh SWAT breaks into wrong home, leaving innocent grandmother ‘violated’

Pittsburgh SWAT breaks into wrong home, leaving innocent grandmother ‘violated’

policestateusa.com / by Site Staff in News / June 16, 2014

PITTSBURGH, PA — A grandmother says she feels violated and compelled to relocate after a SWAT team broke down her door, shattered her window, and invaded her personal space looking for a person she had never heard of.

The botched raid happened to Carla Glover, 49, while she was away from home. Returning from a long weekend, she found her house in ruin. Her window was busted out and glass was strewn across the living room, embedded in the carpet, and stuck in her couch. Her front door had been breached and knocked off of its hinges.

“Furniture [was] all over the lawn — tossed all crazy,” Glover described the chaotic scene of the March 29, 2013, raid.

Glover says that she lives with her 2 grandchildren and they easily could have been home during the aggressive no-knock raid.

READ MORE

Black Blade: That will teach her alright. What it teaches her I'm not sure .... but it will teach her anyway.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Waaay kewl, man. They didn't just break into the 'wrong' house.
    THIS TRASH IN UNIFORM KNOWINGLY BROKE INTO THE WRONG HOUSE.
    BODYBAGS FOR LEOs.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

With the process for a warrant here in GA it is almost impossible to phathom how the hell this can still be happening these days. With tax records and actual EYES on a address, how the F do they get this crap wrong.
    I guess being a Non Union Police department with the ability to get shit canned in a heart beat keeps us on our toes.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score

P-Man, It KNOWINGLY went 'wrong'.
    Last sentence: SWAT had a warrant to search the neighbor's home--which shares a porch with Glover--but NEGLIGENTLY ASSUMED they could raid the adjacent home as well.
    K N O W I N G L Y
    This wasn't an 'honest mistake'.
    It wasn't even a negligent mistake.
    THESE ARE .T H U G S. COMMITTING TREASON
    Hunter

Feedback Score

God help me and them if they dont knock and identify themselves first...
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    P-Man, It KNOWINGLY went 'wrong'.
    Last sentence: SWAT had a warrant to search the neighbor's home--which shares a porch with Glover--but NEGLIGENTLY ASSUMED they could raid the adjacent home as well.
    K N O W I N G L Y
    This wasn't an 'honest mistake'.
    It wasn't even a negligent mistake.
    THESE ARE .T H U G S. COMMITTING TREASON
    Hunter
    I never said it was a mistake, If you read my last section, were I am, we HAVE cops in prison. There is no "Union" backing us. We need to be accountable for crap like that and the DA will prosecute in a heart beat. Even if NOTHING was broken at that ladies house, to search something not on the warrant is crap that doesn't go on here. I read about all this B.S. going on around the country and have no clue why this stuff isn't brought up into Federal Courts. People are going to remember the battle of Athens Tenn. someday and it will get ugly.

This is from the New channel Not the KILL THE POLICE news

"Cmdr. Scott Schubert said the SWAT team targeted Glover's home because they were mistakenly told that there was a search warrant for her house, but they immediately stopped trying to gain entry when a homicide detective told them there was no warrant."

I do not know how you "Think" you have a warrant. You need it IN HAND before you enter.
    I hope they did eventually find the suspect who killed the the kid on the bus. Im sure his parents would be glad they found him.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score

Hah! See Here.

Texas Deputy Killed in Dawn No-Knock Drug Raid | StoptheDrugWar.org

I heard the guy got off. Now he had some pot plants in there (a few) so the police should have been knocking down his door.

I don't do drugs, or grow drugs, but I can tell you now, I am a light sleeper and generally pissed off.

If some flash bang grenade goes off and people invade my my home I going to send them out on a platter. I don't have cat and rat rifle AR-15's. I have big bangers..M1A's etc. with armor piercing projectiles (purchased legally back in the day). It will go right on through body armor like a hot knife through butter.

Bring it on! Molon Labe!

Thats exactly why the militarized police force wants to sieze the guns.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pryotex View Post
    You need it IN HAND before you enter.
    When they broke up my doors they claimed they didn't need a warrant, then claimed they had a warrant, then said they didn't have to show me the warrant. With an armed standoff, it took over half an hour for a police car to come running up with a warrant. To this day I don't believe a warrant existed until I demanded to see it.

The the house across the street.

I had to replace the back door, and the front door is still messed up, and I got no satisfaction from the PD or city about their "honest error." But that was then, and they'll be on Youtube before they get back to the station if they try it again.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

There's no rational excuse for these government sanctioned home invasion teams in 99.999% of these cases. In almost every case the person they seek can simply be picked up when they leave the house and detained while some cop(s) just knock on the door and walk in to search. If it's a "big" operation the perps won't be able to dispose of the evidence - no sewer line that huge exists. The whole point of these no-knock warrants is so the home invasion team members can get a hard on and fuck with people to satisfy their saddism perversions. If anything the only purpose of such SWAT teams is to remove an immediate threat to human life (i.e. hostage situations, kidnappings, etc.) not to screw with folk over a joint or unpaid parking tickets. It's no coincidence that the majority of people now want drugs legalized. Sheesh!

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hey...if the pizza man can find the right house, these assholes can find it too.
    If they can't....they need to eat a few rounds!!!
    2ndAmendican likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.