Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Marine Veteran Arrested For Anti-Obama Facebook Posts

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Remember when they passed this law without thinking it out and many Cops lost there gun rights.

Domestic Assault Loss of Gun Rights (Lautenberg Amendment)

Many people don't know that conviction for a crime of domestic assault can take your gun rights away for life. Congress in 1996 passed the Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban ("Gun Ban for Individuals Convicted of a Misdemeanor Crime of Domestic Violence", 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(9)). What this does is make any crime of domestic assault or any crime that involves a family member and the use of force a disqualifying offense. That commonly includes Domestic Assault and some cases of Disorderly Conduct. There are many inexperienced attorneys that don't understand the law and inadvertantly advise cleints to take plea deals that result in the loss of rights.

This is why I often get delayed for up to three days on the background check. Cincinnati Police are to quick to charge folks with DV if there is a argument and police are called. Twice I was charged and twice charges were droped.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Remember when they passed this law without thinking it out and many Cops lost there gun rights.

Many people don't know that conviction for a crime of domestic assault can take your gun rights away for life. Congress in 1996 passed the Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban ("Gun Ban for Individuals Convicted of a Misdemeanor Crime of Domestic Violence", 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(9)). What this does is make any crime of domestic assault or any crime that involves a family member and the use of force a disqualifying offense. That commonly includes Domestic Assault and some cases of Disorderly Conduct. There are many inexperienced attorneys that don't understand the law and inadvertantly advise cleints to take plea deals that result in the loss of rights.
    yeap a disturbing the peace in in a argument with your wife or child will result in loos of gun rights . I personally know people who had this happen as well as know of two cops who had this happpen.

Dad an teen age son arguing in front yard no violence an he lost his gun rights .

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post

This is why I often get delayed for up to three days on the background check. Cincinnati Police are to quick to charge folks with DV if there is a argument and police are called. Twice I was charged and twice charges were droped.
    Charges were dropped? Get your UPIN. Unique Pin Identification Number. Rails the delay is because the Cincinnati Police are having the FBI search their records and their in no rush. Only reason it is 3 days for an answer is because that is the law. No reply in 3 days, your FFL has to approve your purchase.
    Oh your arrest is showing up, but not the court mandated outcome. Hence the FBI records search.
    Pain for all researching the records plus the time and cost. So and FBI Agent came up with a great idea. Your conditional is most likely going to get approved, well they still have to search the records. Your records, by law were destroyed after your last purchase and they have to start over.
    Well the FBI Agent said lets start an I.D. system where people getting conditionals can request their records not be destroyed. The records are their, their just going to have quick access to them. I have a UPIN and put the numbers on my purchase FFL form, no more conditionals instant approval. I like it. Thank you FBI Agent.

ABQ GUNS | FBI APPEAL
    Once you are issued your UPIN, your good to go. Gun purchase usually takes about 2 minutes longer than normal. I use mine on every FFL purchase.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

I thought there had to be 'adjudication', a finding by a judge or outside arbiter. It can't be that if asshat-with-a-badge takes you for observation, your rights are gone. If it is, it can't be allowed to stand. Got to make this trash fear us.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    I thought there had to be 'adjudication', a finding by a judge or outside arbiter. It can't be that if asshat-with-a-badge takes you for observation, your rights are gone. If it is, it can't be allowed to stand. Got to make this trash fear us.
    Hunter
    Yes Sir here anyway hunter. We live way the hell up in the north east God be gone nowhere of our county here in Florida. Talking like a Deputy off the shift for the night if they have to take you to the station. Kind of like Alaska's situation, all day transport and book.
    Now booking, paperwork whatever. So we have a place here called Life-Stream looney bin and Re-Hab. Now not saying in all cases, but it is so much easier to take someone there, open the doors heave em in and be gone. Happen all the time? No. But it is possible and does happen.
    You go to Life-Stream in cuffs. You aint buying no mo guns at your FFLs. NOT, done fineto.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Under the current regime, anything will be twisted that even hints at violence towards gubermint. Plus, Facebook is not a good place to post anything IMHO.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

So what do you do ith a guy who is making threats an when asked about them them says wait an see ??

how is a judge ever supposed to deal with nut balls if the nut balls are never asked any questions ??

Its a slippery slope an a big catch 22 . You cant just go around saying what ever you want with out someone taking you seriously at some point . if you keep saying so an so should die an start making all kinds of weird veiled threats sooner or later some one is going t o say OK what s his deal ??

I just don't like how there is no protection as to who makes these calls an how there handled .

do a little research on this case an an don't just read the right wing internet forums . do some actual research an see what he said an did .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.