Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Co Governor on Gun Control

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Default Co Governor on Gun Control

Well either he's a flat out liar, a spineless coward, or both

Colorado governor tries to apologize for gun control measures, blames staff, then curses | Fox News
    Colorado governor tries to apologize for gun control measures, blames staff, then curses

WASHINGTON – Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper’s awkward attempt to patch things up with his state’s sheriffs over his support of controversial gun control legislation isn’t going as planned.

The governor, a Democrat, offered a series of unusual explanations during a meeting he held last Friday with a group of Colorado sheriffs for why he signed legislation that restricts the sale of ammunition magazines of more than 15 rounds.

First, Hickenlooper blamed his staff for not anticipating the opposition on gun control. He then apologized for his staff’s inability to effectively communicate and promised to do better in the future.

When Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith pressed the issue, Hickenlooper snapped back, “What the f---? I apologized!”

He apparently was kidding around, as the sheriffs could be heard laughing. But on his Facebook page, Smith said he was surprised by the governor’s choice of words.

“I’m a big boy and I won’t pretend for a moment that it’s not language that’s foreign to me – but I found that type of attitude and response to be well below the dignity of the office of governor,” Smith wrote. “This was a sitting governor, in a public meeting, responding to another elected official.”

Hickenlooper also said he felt pressure to sign the bill into law because a member of his staff “made a commitment.”

“To be honest, no one in our office thought it would get through the legislature,” he said. “There were several Democrats who said without question they weren’t going to vote for it.”

The measure passed the Democrat-controlled legislature. No Republicans voted for it.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

I have to agree with your opinion and say BOTH. Either he believes in his convictions or nothing he says after that has meaning, or is believable.

It is nothing more than standard political damage control. He screwed up big time and is trying to cover his tracks and blame advisors for the backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Well either he's a flat out liar, a spineless coward, or both

Colorado governor tries to apologize for gun control measures, blames staff, then curses | Fox News
    Colorado governor tries to apologize for gun control measures, blames staff, then curses

WASHINGTON – Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper’s awkward attempt to patch things up with his state’s sheriffs over his support of controversial gun control legislation isn’t going as planned.

The governor, a Democrat, offered a series of unusual explanations during a meeting he held last Friday with a group of Colorado sheriffs for why he signed legislation that restricts the sale of ammunition magazines of more than 15 rounds.

First, Hickenlooper blamed his staff for not anticipating the opposition on gun control. He then apologized for his staff’s inability to effectively communicate and promised to do better in the future.

When Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith pressed the issue, Hickenlooper snapped back, “What the f---? I apologized!”

He apparently was kidding around, as the sheriffs could be heard laughing. But on his Facebook page, Smith said he was surprised by the governor’s choice of words.

“I’m a big boy and I won’t pretend for a moment that it’s not language that’s foreign to me – but I found that type of attitude and response to be well below the dignity of the office of governor,” Smith wrote. “This was a sitting governor, in a public meeting, responding to another elected official.”

Hickenlooper also said he felt pressure to sign the bill into law because a member of his staff “made a commitment.”

“To be honest, no one in our office thought it would get through the legislature,” he said. “There were several Democrats who said without question they weren’t going to vote for it.”

The measure passed the Democrat-controlled legislature. No Republicans voted for it.

Feedback Score

He is like the fearless leader. He speaks out of the wrong side of his mouth. In the movie it is called the side step dance.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by BackAgain View Post
    It is nothing more than standard political damage control. He screwed up big time and is trying to cover his tracks and blame advisors for the backlash.
    Think you're wrong Back. This trash doesn't care how much they screw-up because they know there's enough trash registered as voters it doesn't matter.
    A MEMBER OF HIS STAFF MADE A COMMITMENT?...When your 'staff' does a dumbass thing, YOU SMACK THE STAFF IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD. NOT PIG-PHUQUE THE CITIZENS.
    Back in '69 or '70 DODD D-Conn wrote a letter of apology published in Guns-&-Ammo magazine. (He's the trash that penned the GCA '68 using NaziLaw verbatum) Didn't see him trying to undo that collosal piece of garbage though.
    LYING BUNCH OF PUKES. THEY SHOULD BE USED TO SLOP THE HOGS. RECYCLING AT IT'S BEST.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

He needs to be kicked out of office.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Typical backpedling B.S..
    He's upfor re election so he has to kiss ass reeeeal hard and were not buying into it..
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

RECYCLING AT IT'S BEST

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    He needs to be kicked out of office.
    Kicked out of the country is more like it. Anyone who introduces legislation that goes against the founding principles of this country should be tried for sedition at least, and treason at most, and either hanged, or exiled to a European country of their choosing.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

If he want to really apologise an back what he is claiming get the mag ban repealed.
    He is paying for every one's media fed kneejerk reaction the the school shooting . He needs to be replaced but if he is admitting mistakes lets see him fix it .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.