Thread: A SWAT team blew a hole in my 2-year-old son (UPDATE)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default A SWAT team blew a hole in my 2-year-old son (UPDATE)

A SWAT team blew a hole in my 2-year-old son (UPDATE)

Snippit:

It’s been three weeks since the flashbang exploded next to my sleeping baby, and he’s still covered in burns.

There’s still a hole in his chest that exposes his ribs. At least that’s what I’ve been told; I’m afraid to look.

My husband’s nephew, the one they were looking for, wasn’t there. He doesn’t even live in that house. After breaking down the door, throwing my husband to the ground, and screaming at my children, the officers – armed with M16s – filed through the house like they were playing war. They searched for drugs and never found any.

I heard my baby wailing and asked one of the officers to let me hold him. He screamed at me to sit down and shut up and blocked my view, so I couldn’t see my son. I could see a singed crib. And I could see a pool of blood. The officers yelled at me to calm down and told me my son was fine, that he’d just lost a tooth. It was only hours later when they finally let us drive to the hospital that we found out Bou Bou was in the intensive burn unit and that he’d been placed into a medically induced coma.

For the last three weeks, my husband and I have been sleeping at the hospital. We tell our son that we love him and we’ll never leave him behind. His car seat is still in the minivan, right where it’s always been, and we whisper to him that soon we’ll be taking him home with us.

Every morning, I have to face the reality that my son is fighting for his life. It’s not clear whether he’ll live or die. All of this to find a small amount of drugs?

The only silver lining I can possibly see is that my baby Bou Bou’s story might make us angry enough that we stop accepting brutal SWAT raids as a normal way to fight the “war on drugs.” I know that this has happened to other families, here in Georgia and across the country. I know that SWAT teams are breaking into homes in the middle of the night, more often than not just to serve search warrants in drug cases. I know that too many local cops have stockpiled weapons that were made for soldiers to take to war. And as is usually the case with aggressive policing, I know that people of color and poor people are more likely to be targeted. I know these things because of the American Civil Liberties Union’s new report, and because I’m working with them to push for restraints on the use of SWAT.

A few nights ago, my 8-year-old woke up in the middle of the night screaming, “No, don’t kill him! You’re hurting my brother! Don’t kill him.” How can I ever make that go away? I used to tell my kids that if they were ever in trouble, they should go to the police for help. Now my kids don’t want to go to sleep at night because they’re afraid the cops will kill them or their family. It’s time to remind the cops that they should be serving and protecting our neighborhoods, not waging war on the people in them.

Update: As of the afternoon of 6/24/2014, Baby Bou Bou has been taken out of the medically induced coma and transferred to a new hospital to begin rehabilitation. The hole in his chest has yet to heal, and doctors are still not able to fully assess lasting brain damage.

Continued: A SWAT team blew a hole in my 2-year-old son (UPDATE) - Salon.com

Black Blade: And so it goes ...
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Yeah that was the story I mentioned in another thread. ZERO excuse for this kind of crap. The Law of Diminishing Returns. How do they justify the time, salaries, equipment, and violence spent to nab some guy with a small bag of weed or a few pills or something?!?!? It's crazy to me that they will spend $20-30K on a bust that gets less than $100.00 worth of drugs. Of course that's even if they get the correct house. Same type thing with police chases. A guy with a broken tailight that runs, while odd, is no reason to kill a little old lady crossing the street. Get the tag number, run it through, and have someone wait for him at home. It's common sense. It's funny that as violent crime goes down, the police are gearing up for war, claiming that today's environment is no "Mayberry", and that they need the latest high tech war fighting equipment to keep them safe. Bullsh*T!!!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the problem is the entire WOD is set up to arrest people and grab personal property-- mainly money--

they push police to 'clean up the streets" to make room for dope violations then turn around and let murders, pedeofiles, perverts, child-abusers and gang bangers out-- got to make more room for dumb asses with a little too much dope in thir pockets--

sort of reminds me of the obongo POW swap in a way---

let FIVE hardened terrorist tribal bosses out to kill americans again and get one worthless deserter and traitor back--

same here --

and this makes a lot of money for the injustice system --lawyers , courts, bail bondsmen and so on. the problem is that justice or the lack there of has become an industry.

as long as people that run the system are profiting from their own fuck-ups nothing is ever going to change --

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That was 100% negligence on the SWAT teams part.
    Good new the baby should be going home soon and starting rehab. BAD NEW, they think the brain damage is greater than what they first thought.

Local news here. Its on everyday. Funny though, Weeks of interviews the parents never said any of the things in the story posted, other than, they are holding the Police Department accountable and will file suite; as they should.
    New photos released of toddler injured in SWAT raid | www.wsbtv.com
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Shouldn't it be the SSWAT team?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You know, what I belatedly took away from this is that an armed, trained SWAT goon managed to FAIL to kill a 2-year-old baby with a grenade.

"Marksmanship like this... can only be the work of Imperial Stormtroopers."

Yes, their story is "it was only a flashbang." Good, let one of them hold it in his hand and set it off. I want video of that for YouTube.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    You know, what I belatedly took away from this is that an armed, trained SWAT goon managed to FAIL to kill a 2-year-old baby with a grenade.

"Marksmanship like this... can only be the work of Imperial Stormtroopers."

Yes, their story is "it was only a flashbang." Good, let one of them hold it in his hand and set it off. I want video of that for YouTube.
    You know that if it was one of the LEO's children that something like that happened to, they would be out on an armed manhunt to find and kill the perpetrator.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The war on drugs is nothing but a money grab, other countries have proven that by legalizing and regulating drugs the crime rate would plummet. Fighting drugs is big business and I am sure they look at legalization as a threat to their livelihood.

"Shakin' it over here, boss"

Feedback Score

I'm listening to Chief AssHat being interviewed the day it happened. "It's no way it's our fault. THERE WERE NO KIDS' TOYS ON THE PORCH TO INDICATE THERE WAS A CHILD LIVING THERE".
    GIVE THAT MAN A BODYBAG.
    Hunter

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.