Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cops Need Warrant to Search Cellphones

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i miss my old analog bag phone -- the thing was as big as a prick-77 but would transmit to the moon.
    \
    as big as it was there was room in the battery bag for a 1911 and a couple spare mags and a 5th of jim bean--

and it didn't have all the BS crapola they got on um now -- it did ONE thing --it was a phone--

this dam digital phone-- out here in the black forest -- ya got to be on the side of a hill facing a tower to get any reception and half the time it drops the call cause im at the fringe of the service area.

the old clunky bag phone never did that shit.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

j4 the main problem with analog was the ability to clone the numbers. Two signals are sent out when making a call, number your calling and your I.D. or number for billing. Radio Shack among others, sold a receiver to pick up your transmitting number. They then took phones and for about $50 would put the trapped number into it. Purchaser began their free calling.
    Was costing sprint about $1 mil a month just in South Florida when I worked their. Thieves parked on highway bridges, or near them to get clean and numerous signals from people traveling.
    Now if the purchaser of the stolen number got lucky, say a company who did not track their bills from their employees? Large real estate companies, etc. Sheeeet their are probably people still using stolen numbers from God knows when. Digital slowed down the stealing but now hackers are back at it. Check your phone bills, you could be next.
    ADD: Radio Shack did not sell the receiver specifically for thieves to steal the numbers. But the receiver they were selling worked for the job.
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 07-04-2014 at 11:28 PM. Reason: ADD
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

well 4th -- my cell ain't worth a damn anyway with no signal.

bill clinton spend billions to get this place connected to hi-speed everything00but we still got dial up--LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    j4 the main problem with analog was the ability to clone the numbers. Two signals are sent out when making a call, number your calling and your I.D. or number for billing. Radio Shack among others, sold a receiver to pick up your transmitting number. They then took phones and for about $50 would put the trapped number into it. Purchaser began their free calling.
    Was costing sprint about $1 mil a month just in South Florida when I worked their. Thieves parked on highway bridges, or near them to get clean and numerous signals from people traveling.
    Now if the purchaser of the stolen number got lucky, say a company who did not track their bills from their employees? Large real estate companies, etc. Sheeeet their are probably people still using stolen numbers from God knows when. Digital slowed down the stealing but now hackers are back at it. Check your phone bills, you could be next.
    ADD: Radio Shack did not sell the receiver specifically for thieves to steal the numbers. But the receiver they were selling worked for the job.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    well 4th -- my cell ain't worth a damn anyway with no signal.

bill clinton spend billions to get this place connected to hi-speed everything00but we still got dial up--LOL
    Same here j4. Too my East no problem with a signal, go west into the Ocala Nat. Forest and it is a dead zone. Hell all the way up too Gainesville no reception. Forest service does not want towers in "their" forest. With big bucks horse owners in the Ocala A.O., they don't want those ugly towers either. Have to wait till they can beam those signals off the satellites I guess?

"The Monitoring of Our Phone Calls? Government Spooks May Be Listening" "The American government is in fact collecting and storing virtually every phone call, purchases, email, text message, internet searches, social media communications, health information, employment history, travel and student records, and virtually all other information of every American"
    The Monitoring of Our Phone Calls? Government Spooks May Be Listening | Global Research

Google cell phone listening. Watch what comes up? Pages and pages of info on either the Govt. listening or how individuals can tap into othes phones to listen. Believe, do not believe, as I posted in the link. These phones can be tapped just sitting near you with the battery active, a simple receiver.
    Warrant, sheeeeet Big Brother don't need no stinking warrant. After they want you they get the warrant, not before. Welcome too the new "Amerika" They red flag conversations with words they are looking for, gun, bomb, kill, President, etc. Probably why a lot of people are afraid to post? They do not understand, once your I.P. hits a site, your on the radar. That is why Mods and sites frown on death or violence threats. Big Brother starts to listen once yah get stupid. Normal fighting like "F3$K him or I hate the President." They could care less. You just don't want to get stupid.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

i miss my old analog bag phone --
    I use to have a Motorola Startac, flip phone with an extendable antenna (about 3" long). That was a great phone, almost always had a signal and the battery was external so I could switch it out if I needed to. Damn thing died when the little cable going from the top to the bottom broke, it only worked while plugged in. I bought another one for a couple bucks and couldn't get it activated because of the federal laws, all phones have to have tracking in them since 9/11 and it didn't, I'd still be using one if I could.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i know a guy who has a track phone that is set up under the name "joe hussaine obama" LOL

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    I use to have a Motorola Startac, flip phone with an extendable antenna (about 3" long). That was a great phone, almost always had a signal and the battery was external so I could switch it out if I needed to. Damn thing died when the little cable going from the top to the bottom broke, it only worked while plugged in. I bought another one for a couple bucks and couldn't get it activated because of the federal laws, all phones have to have tracking in them since 9/11 and it didn't, I'd still be using one if I could.
    Coils do you still have that old phone? My Bros father was in on the original design of the mobile Motorola phone. Quite an Engineer he was. Showed us the phone and told us some day everyone would be walking around with them talking, we laughed.
    Their is a small pin hole on the very old original phones. He came up with the idea to change frequencies, which they used for transmission and reception back in the day. Now you had to send it too Motorola to get the frequency changed. So simple but only they would know how to do it.
    You put a pin in the whole and pressed an inner button, but the pin had to me magnetized. Push in and the magnet drew up on an inner tiny button making the connection so you could change frequencies. Just push in and it did not work. Guy was a genius.
    Police and Fire Depts. were getting them and they did not want the public on their frequencies. It was the first transition from hand held radios too personal cell phones.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

hell i might as well go back to a CB radio--LOL

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I might still have it in the junk drawer? I doubt it will work anyway since you have to have it setup through a provider
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    hell i might as well go back to a CB radio--LOL
    CB is kind of direct line reception also I think j4? Lot of people getting into short wave radios. If communications go out, for whatever reason, we may need those guys.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.