• 1 Post By Tommo

Thread: $500M to Syrian Rebels ?????

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Default $500M to Syrian Rebels ?????

Syria Crisis: Obama Requests $500M to Train, Equip Rebels - NBC News

Syria Crisis: Obama Requests $500M to Train, Equip Rebels

By Andrea Mitchell, Courtney Kube and Daniel Arkin

President Obama is asking Congress to approve $500 million to train and equip moderate Syrian rebels struggling to oust President Bashar Assad after more than three years of civil war.

The opposition rebels would be vetted before being given assistance, according to a statement from National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden. Hayden said the funds would "help defend the Syrian people, stabilize areas under opposition control, facilitate the provision of essential services, counter terrorist threats, and promote conditions for a negotiation settlement."

The request marks the first time the Obama administration would be overtly supplying weapons to the Syrian rebel forces in a program run by the Pentagon under the military budget, according to U.S. official. It has the advantage of enabling the U.S. government to send more sophisticated weapons, and allows it the ability to discuss the program publicly to allies and congressional critics.

But sources told NBC News the administration has been covertly arming the rebels for the last year through the CIA, providing opposition forces with less sophisticated weaponry in a program that had been advocated years earlier by both former General David Petraeus and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
    Tommo likes this.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

maybe i should call myself a syrian rebel and apply for some of that money eh?
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

who do you think bought all those trucks , arms and equipment for isis?

were PAYING for all that BS.

right now i wouldn't doubt that were giving money to IRAN --hell every other shit hole gets a few BILLION a year--so why not?--LOL

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    on alot of levels holder would consider you akin to the syrian rebels
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    No sh*t!!!!! I'm in !!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

All this crap makes my head hurt. Isn't that the same Syrian rebels that we have been funding to destroy ANOTHER country and jumped the border into Iraq and called themselves ISIS??? WTF
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

ya don't recon that Obama would arm enemys of the US and use the citizens tax dollars to do it?

i bet he wouldn't SPY on US citizens and over look 60,000 ISIS terrorist massing at the IRAQ border?

ya know i just don't know about this president----LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken3030 View Post
    All this crap makes my head hurt. Isn't that the same Syrian rebels that we have been funding to destroy ANOTHER country and jumped the border into Iraq and called themselves ISIS??? WTF

Feedback Score

We should drop our fearless leader in the middle of Syria without a canteen.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Barky is trying to help out his little buddies just like the Muzloid Bros in Egypt.
    Coils likes this.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.