Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Black Blade
  • 1 Post By Pryotex
  • 1 Post By TRX

Thread: ‘Sneak & peek’ warrants allow police to secretly enter homes without notice

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default ‘Sneak & peek’ warrants allow police to secretly enter homes without notice

‘Sneak & peek’ warrants allow police to secretly enter homes without notice

policestateusa.com / Site Staff / June 27, 2014

A little-known police tactic allows cops to covertly enter private residences, perform searches, seize property, and then leave quietly without notifying the homeowner. These searches, affectionately known as “sneak and peek” warrants, have been performed at a rapidly rising rate since 9/11.
    Covert Tactics

Sneak and Peek warrants in actuality a more extreme version of the over-used “no-knock” raids that we cover so often. After seeking out a judge’s authorization, police are allowed to secretly break into private property without first announcing themselves or presenting the subject of the search with a signed warrant. Using this variety of warrant, officers intentionally wait until the subject is not present. The operations are performed covertly, and with the intention of masking the fact that any police activity took place.

The entire premise encourages government agents to adopt the tactics of criminals in order to gain access to property: breaking and entering, sneaking around, stealing, and risking a surprise confrontation with an unsuspecting civilian.

READ MORE

Black Blade: So you see some suspicious charater or characters breaking into your home while your brother-in-law drives to the store in your car and you lay in wait and drop the perps in their tracks. As they lie there and with their last gasping breaths say that they are cops and it's confirmed as you rifle through their pockets to determine who and what they are - Under "Castle Doctrine" you should be completely and utterly absolved of all culpability correct?
    Tommo likes this.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thus the reason I have 12 web enabled cameras at my place.
    TRX likes this.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score

Damn, Mr. Blade. How many times are you going to make me post that BALACLAVAS AND MASKS M..U..S..T.. ..B..R..I..N..G.. ..D..E..A..T..H..?
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have trail cams around my place but no motion activated or continuous yet as not enough bandwidth to store data stream where I live. I have satellite and a continuous feed would exceed my bandwidth alottment per month. I looked into Dropcam and Logitech cameras but am waiting for the SimpliSafe cameras if they ever come out for sale (supposedly end of this year). Now I do have Logitech cameras at my other cabin but have a DSL connection there. I do have motion detectors and trip sensors at both cabins however.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have trail cams around my place but no motion activated or continuous yet as not enough bandwidth to store data stream where I live. I have satellite and a continuous feed would exceed my bandwidth alottment per month. I looked into Dropcam and Logitech cameras but am waiting for the SimpliSafe cameras if they ever come out for sale (supposedly end of this year). Now I do have Logitech cameras at my other cabin but have a DSL connection there. I do have motion detectors and trip sensors at both cabins however.
    Is there a reason you are expecting visitors?
    hell If they come to my house I hope they bring there own booze an ice. LOL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    Mine are always on but set for pixel change recording. So I do not get a notification or Email unless there is a change in the picture. My home alarm also is Battery backup and Cell enabled so no cutting a phone line or dropping power.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    Is there a reason you are expecting visitors?
    When they kicked in my door they didn't have a warrant. And when a patrol car showed up with one 20 minutes later, it was for a different house.

All this education modern policemen are supposed to have, too bad it doesn't include basic literacy, let alone esoterics like "dude, do we need a warrant to kick someone's door in?"

Had I been able to force it to court, it would have looked very bad for them. I'm so squeaky-clean I should have a halo.
    Tommo likes this.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score

There is no castle doctrine in Nebraska.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Big Don View Post
    There is no castle doctrine in Nebraska.
    Then don't you think it's time to start circulating petitions?
    Get yer butt in gear boy. I've lived in places that a person 'HAD A DUTY TO RETREAT'. WTF? I'm not deserting my home for a feral bantu, or anything else.
    Hunter

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.