Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: a geniunely fucked up day

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have degenerative disc disease. Nerve blocks , cauterization of nerve endings and a few other things have given me my ability to move. It takes a real pain management doc tho not a pill pusher even though medication is part of it .and therapy. Took us a couple years to find the right docs.also document everything. I've got a folder an inch thick on what's been done to me. If you can stand it go visit your horse. Good therapy if you can. We love our four legged friends more than we like to admit sometimes. Good luck.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    From what I have learned I would say that it's time to visit a different kind of doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    There are other medical practitioners, try something completely different. You have nothing to loose.
    While I truly hate to agree with a Canadian, I have a feeling Mick is right.
    I've had two failed back surgeries, and the thing that kept me working the last 6 years of my working life was Acupuncture and Chiropractics. (After EACH of my surgeries, I had to learn to walk again. Don't let the Lady get too far 'down' or give up.) For Acupuncture, don't go to someone that has sat through 6 weeks of classes and thinks he knows what he's doing. Find a true DOM, or OMD; Doctor of Oriental Medicine, or Oriental Medical Doctor.
    As I was a Karate and Judo player in my earlier life, I fell right into TaiChi and Qigong practice. I also do sword work with a 'suburito' for balance.
    But like Mr. Mick said, try anything. Something WILL work.
    Hunter
    PS. Sorry about your wife's horse. I remember when I had to turn mine loose. A BuckSkin that stood 17-3; had Morgan blood. Sucked a yard.

Feedback Score

I was going to suggest acupuncture. From what I can gather it can't be properly explained, but if it works who gives a shit.

Dowsing has really opened my eyes to lot's of things that I never previously knew existed. I know an old bloke who does "medical Dowsing " for a doctor who is a dowser himself, I thought this is all too weird for me but I asked him how he does this medical dowsing anyway, in for a penny in for a pound as they say in Blighty. What he does is dowse peoples houses for negative energy. My initial thought was yeah right, but he went on to explain how moving water underground causes it, as does electricity cables etc, and that dogs are especially sensitive to it. It apparently causes all sorts of medical problems.

I had previously noticed that two hours or so before a thunderstorm Sten ( my dog ) would get very agitated and frightened, so much so that I have to bring him inside for a love. How he knew the storm was coming when there was hardly a cloud in sight was always a mystery.

I tried dowsing for negative energy myself and discovered a concentration of it over my side of the bed. I moved the bed to the other side of the room (pissing off the old woman in the process ). I have not slept so soundly in years !! I feel a ton better for it, and no longer feel like I need a sleep apart from bed time.

Strange but true
    Last edited by stalker1; Today at 01:15 AM. Reason: had to piss

Feedback Score

5200-Year-Old Acupuncture in Central Europe.

The Tyrolean Iceman (1), by far the oldest European mummified human body (5200 years old), shows 15 well-preserved tattoo groups on his back and legs, none of which appears to have ornamental importance. The tattoos have a simple linear geometric shape and are located on parts of the body that are not expected to be displayed (2). Moreover, several tattoos that would have entailed superficial skin puncture seem to be located on Chinese acupuncture points.

The tattoos were therefore investigated morphometrically, and photographs were subsequently overlayed by topographic representations of acupuncture points (3). According to the expert opinion of three accredited acupuncturists (4), nine of the 15 tattoos could be identified as being located on or within 5 millimeters of acupuncture points. Five tattoo groups on the back of the Iceman were located in close proximity, or directly over, acupuncture points of the urinary bladder (UB) channel. A close match between the acupuncture point UB 60 and one of the two tattoo crosses near the left, lateral ankle was observed.

The theory of acupuncture predicts that perforation or irritation of the skin at specific locations, the acupuncture points, results in modified function of related, not necessarily adjacent, organs, allowing relief of pain or inflammation.

It is known from computer tomography (5) that the iceman suffered from arthrosis of the lumbar spine. Acupuncture points used for treatment of this condition (3) coincide with tattoos found along the UB channel.

These findings raise the possibility that the practice of therapeutically intended acupuncture originated long before the medical tradition of ancient China (approximately 1000 B.C.) and that its geographical origins were Eurasian rather than East-Asian, consistent with far-reaching intercultural contacts of prehistoric mankind.

References and Notes

H. Seidler et al., Science, 258, 455 (1992); K. Spindler, The Man in the Ice (Weidenfeld & Nicolson, London, 1994).

T. Sjøvold et al., in Der Mann im Eis, K. Spindler et al., Eds. (Springer, Vienna-New York, 1995), vol. 2, pp. 279-286.

3. Beijing, Shanghai, and Nanjing colleges of traditional Chinese medicine, Essentials of Chinese Acupuncture (Foreign La

Oetzi The Tyrolean Iceman - European Acupuncture 2000 Years before China? | The AMT - EFT, Energy EFT, EmoTrance, Energists & Modern Energy | The AMT
    Last edited by stalker1; Today at 01:15 AM. Reason: had to piss

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

mick/hunter thanks for the info.

right now she is in a rigorous physical therapy regimen. so far she is getting positive results. one option they want to explore is dry needling. it is based on acupuncture and is designed to stimulate the muscle to relax. she has had 2 1/2 weeks of relief to where she can actually go a full day without too much discomfort. the key now is to make sure she doesn't interpret this the wrong way an think she can make up for lost time.

hunter---A BuckSkin that stood 17-3--- holy cow! that must have been a beast.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    Primary care md, neurologist, internal md, chiropractor, Mri, bone scan, xray. We know it's not the disks or the vertebrae or the nerves. What the hell does it leave? Soft tissue. I have been saying all along its ligament or muscle but you would think an MD would check this things. If I thought a witch doctor would help we would be there at first light. Frustrating to watch your wife sink into despite because doctors can't figure out a cause. But hey...they will darn sure write a prescription for everything under the sun
    Sorry to hear that brother. No wonder I haven't heard anything out of you lately. I know what you mean about worrying for your wife, and seeing her deteriorate. My wife has bad rheumatoid arthritis and it took four years for her worthless ass RA doctor to finally get her on something that works. My wife is finally starting to become recognizable now as she starts to bloom again. Hopefully when you find the problem your wife will bloom as well. I'll be praying for you buddy. Oh and sorry about the horse too. My sister shows horses for their owners and had two of her own. She had to sell them after her divorce, as she couldn't afford to keep them.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

+1 Thanks for the information about acupuncture, very interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.