Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: a geniunely fucked up day

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default a geniunely fucked up day

outside of my brother dying, this is the worst day of my god damned life! I just watched my (well my wifes) horse head for his new home. we had to let him go on drs orders. she has been dealing with a severe back trauma for the past 10 months and has been told she probably shouldnt ride any longer. over the past 10 months I have been the one taking care of the beast hoping she would recover. well she cant handle the daily rigor and I travel too much so he needed to relocate. thank god he is going to a young female trainer who is itching to get him into something useful.

I cannot believe just how attached to the beast I actually was. man it feels like I got kicked in the balls watching them pull away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a geniunely fucked up day-996071_10202243439559116_1458218340_n.jpg  

al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score

That's what is going to happen when I have to put my yellow lab down. He is going down hill pretty fast. They are just like family. My condolences to you.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

thanks! I never in 1,000,000 years thought this would get to me but damn!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

sorry to hear about your brother, I have never lost a sibling. least the horse is going to someone who can care for it
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

sprat my brother went way too early. after 6 years I still miss him. weirdly enough, my oldest son has his physical, character and mannerisms. its like Im watching my brother every day.

the one silver lining in this, the trainer is a young fireball. she came out yesterday to assess Brando. called at noon today saying she wants to get him a week early. at 8 years old, he really needed more attention than we were able to give him. it would have been a dis-service to him to keep as nothing more than a pet. he is way too good of a horse for that. the rational side understands he is better off.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Hang In There .

there its hard not to get attached to something you put so much time an effort into .
    Hopefully the new trainer can give your horse the time attention an love it needs. Sounds like you found a good home for it .

hopefully the lack of stress of taking care of a animal will eventually over ride the feeling of loss.

I really hope your wife gets better soon . back issues are a bitch an really can wreck your perspective on life.

The picture looks like a well taken care of animal . My family had horses when I was young an It was a lot of work for so little time you used an rode them .

Keep the faith

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

1bg thanks. He was worth every second of work. Fortunately we know the trainer and she lives 30 minutes away. We have an open invite to visit any time. I feel better now. Apparently he got off the trailer saw her herd and pranced right in.

As far as the wife's back, I am so pissed at the medical establishment. 4 doctors later and they just throw their hands in the air. The can tell us what it's not but can't find what it is. Meanwhile I pay them for the lack of results. At least she's responding to physical therapy. Hopefully she can strengthen things up and get her life back. 10 months confined to a recliner at 44 is no way to live

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post

As far as the wife's back, I am so pissed at the medical establishment. 4 doctors later and they just throw their hands in the air. The can tell us what it's not but can't find what it is. Meanwhile I pay them for the lack of results. At least she's responding to physical therapy. Hopefully she can strengthen things up and get her life back. 10 months confined to a recliner at 44 is no way to live
    From what I have learned I would say that it's time to visit a different kind of doctor.
    Last edited by stalker1; Today at 01:15 AM. Reason: had to piss

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Primary care md, neurologist, internal md, chiropractor, Mri, bone scan, xray. We know it's not the disks or the vertebrae or the nerves. What the hell does it leave? Soft tissue. I have been saying all along its ligament or muscle but you would think an MD would check this things. If I thought a witch doctor would help we would be there at first light. Frustrating to watch your wife sink into despite because doctors can't figure out a cause. But hey...they will darn sure write a prescription for everything under the sun

Feedback Score

There are other medical practitioners, try something completely different. You have nothing to loose.
    Last edited by stalker1; Today at 01:15 AM. Reason: had to piss

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.