Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BENJAMIN DISCOVERY in 22

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Harbor freight did sell smaller size tanks for their portable welding setup.might be worth checking out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Our local volunteer fire station bought their own compressor to fill their SCBA tanks, many stations have them so they can refill right after a use. If your guys are anything like ours, toss a six pack of beer or a pizza at them and they will have no problem filling your tanks. Heck, we had a frozen food distributer catch fire many yarons ago, once it was out one of the guys wife brought a stack of pizzas and 2 liters. They had to finish the pizza before they started dousing the fire when it restarted from a hot spot!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I was just given a chicom 177 cal. spring gun. Its built like a tank. Any ideas what I have and how fast it is?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Driswalds. My guess is you have a B3. It should throw a .177 pellet about 1000fps. They make a special scope for spring piston pellet guns that can take the forward recoil beating these older guns have. The newer piston guns are using gas like nitrogen instead of a steel spring. With a 10gr pellet you will still have 16ft lbs of energy at 60 yards.Those rifles are good for small game hunting but make a lot of noise. The newer gas piston guns are much more quite. I have two spring piston rifles but they seldom gets used. They would be great for SHTF use since they need no CO2, or air to operate. Go to "Flying Dragon Airguns" and look at what Mike has. You might see a copy of you rifle there.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

Hey RailBuggy, it depends. There's a B-1 that is a 'break-barrel' and a B-3 that has an 'under-lever'.
    I have 3 B-3s; 2 .177s and 1 .22. The .22 is really something else for an airgun. I've used it to do bad things to small 'gators. I've never had to shoot a critter twice.
    A 10.1gr .22 pellet at 650fps gives 14.1 ft/lbs of energy, so as an 'Urban Sniper' a '.22 in the tear duct' from this particular gun just might be a fight stopper.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yea Hunter. My B-3 is the older model that was known for taking fingers when loading. I was going to do the drill a hole thing thru the receiver with the chain and rod safety fix but never got around to it. Bought the gun from a neighbor kid for $10 back in 05.
    My other piston air rifle is the Beeman Grizzy X2 break barrel that came with .177 &.22 Barrels.
    The trigger pull on the Disco is heavy. I'm looking for a cheap fix now.
    I'm shooting the cheap CPHP 14.3gr 22 pellets. The book says at 870fps I should have 23 foot pounds at 5 yards and 15ftlbs at 70 yards.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

a good project for gunco would be to do one of those large cal airguns --

seems like i saw a 45 cal airgun somewhere that had enough wallop to take a deer at short range--

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    a good project for gunco would be to do one of those large cal airguns --

seems like i saw a 45 cal airgun somewhere that had enough wallop to take a deer at short range--
    Right on j427x. Some of the Masters at GTA know most of the math needed for building big bore PCP rifles. I was thinking .30 cal with the low cost AK barrels out there.

Quote from Bob:Birds at 75 yards would seem to be more .22 fodder than larger.... The .30 cal is a kewl caliber, but pellets are expensive ad the gun uses a LOT of air to produce the kind of velocities you need for long range work.... Don't forget, at 950 fps, you get 2 FPE per grain of pellet weight, and you need about 1 cu.in. of air for each FPE.... An FD-PCP only has a total of about 240 CI of air available per fill from 1500 psi down to 1000 (it's useful range for a 4% ES), whereas a Disco has nearly twice that from 2000 psi down to 1200....

What Bob was saying is that it is doable, but it will take a lot of air making the shot count low.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

maybe a .50 cal air gun firing a 22 pellet in a sabot?--LOL--

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I was thinking a cane gun running off CO2 or PCP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.