Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BENJAMIN DISCOVERY in 22

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default BENJAMIN DISCOVERY in 22

Sold my Dads M1 Garand to my brother in Texas and invested $400 of it into a 870fps PCP pellet rifle. I ordered a high pressure hand/foot pump to charge it with 2000psi. I should be able to take out zombies at 70 yards with a good head shot. Ordered it from PA in Cleveland and should get to me in Cincinnati tomorrow. I will be putting a TKO on her for when she breaks wind. Here birdy-birdy. To many black birds in my AO.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Smile

Hey Railbuggy glad you're keeping the garand in the family.bet you're looking for the ups man now!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

FedEx delivered it around 09:30 this morning. It was loaded on a FedEx truck in Northern Kentucky that left there barn at 07:00. I mounted the Nikon ProStaff Rimfire 3-9x40BDC scope on it, assembled the hand pump, put on a TKO 6.5" LDC and was shooting by noon. With the TKO on it she sounds like opening a bottle of sparkling wine when you pull the cork to quick.
    It took me about 45 minutes to pump her up to 2200psi. With my COPD I pump about 20 strokes with the high pressure pump than I 'm winded and take a 10 minute break. I fired off about 15 rounds at a target about 12 yards from my window. I have it doing .75" groups on paper. I was taking some 35yard shots at a tree but I need to hang paper to really see what I'm doing. Crosman quality has gone down hill over the years. I almost bought a made in Turkey Hatsan PCP rifle. But it would have cost $200 more. The Hatsan AT44 uses a 10 shot magazine and shoots about 100fps faster than the single shot Disco that is rated at about 850 to 900fps with the CPHP 14.3gr pellet. Yea stalker1, if my brother Pat in Texas had not called me about selling it to him, my brother Dan might of kept it forever. I might sell some of my powder burners and buy more of these city sniper PCP rifles.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sounds like minute of bird accuracy to me! Enjoy it man.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

It took me about 45 minutes to pump her up to 2200psi.
    2200psi !!!!! LOL

I just got an email from midway and they have some Gamo air rifles on sale, they are break open models if that means anything. All the air guns I messed with were either pump or Co2.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    2200psi !!!!! LOL

I just got an email from midway and they have some Gamo air rifles on sale, they are break open models if that means anything. All the air guns I messed with were either pump or Co2.
    Those are the spring or gas piston models. They had bad recoil that would mess up a regular scope. Some of the newer brake barrel guns use gas pistons instead of a steel spring. The newer gas models are much better for the shooter and the scope. And yes, they can be powerful.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Don't they make an adapter to fill the gun from a scuba tank?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    kernel good idea but think Rails would need that PADI divers card, or whatever they call it, to fill the tanks? I think?
    Rails put some links up if you could on these guns? Their was info that some came suppressed, are they legal without a tax stamp on these pellet guns? 45 minutes is way to long to pump these things up, hell you could be overrun by then.
    What about an air compressor adapter, that would make it real easy?
    Napoleon used air rifles at Waterloo. Lewis and Clark's air gun they used for small game. It also fascinated the American Indian and probably saved them from getting a haircut. Damn, imagine what a case of BIC lighters would do back then? "Hold my beer and watch this Chief."

"Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    They do Kernel. I found this Airgun forum(GTA) I joined to learn.
    Crosman | PCP Fill Guide
    A member at GTA claims to have ordered the three parts needed from China Ebay tp make his own adapter and had them shipped to the States for less than half what Crosman charges. I plan on watching Craigslist for a tank. Paintball or local Weld shops, and sometimes Fireman can provide and/or fill your tank. There is a fellow that makes a high pressure pump that is mounted to a frame(You supply the motor) called TheShoeBox. I think he's getting over 600 American for them. I think I will find a tank on Craigslist and have it filled. I think shops charge less than $10 to fill them.
    Tim, that's what I'm talking about. Crosman makes a air rifle that shoots .357 pellets.

Feedback Score

Thanks Tim, that was interesting

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.