Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Las Vegas Is “Screwed”; The Water Situation “Is As Bad As You Can Imagine”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Las Vegas Is “Screwed”; The Water Situation “Is As Bad As You Can Imagine”

Las Vegas Is “Screwed”; The Water Situation “Is As Bad As You Can Imagine”

zerohedge.com / by Tyler Durden on 06/30/2014 17:20

“It’s just going to be screwed. And relatively quickly,” warns Tim Barnett, of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, telling The Telegraph, the situation in Las Vegas is “as bad as you can imagine”. After a devastating, 14-year drought drained the reservoir that supplies 90% of the city’s water, the apparently endless supply of water is an illusion as Las Vegas population has soared. As Barnett ominously concludes, “unless it can find a way to get more water from somewhere, Las Vegas is out of business. Yet they’re still building, which is stupid.”

As The Telegraph reports, as with many things in Sin City, the apparently endless supply of water is an illusion.

READ MORE

Black Blade: Last time I passed by Lake Powell it looked a lot different with boat ramps way upslope. If I lived in Las Vegas or Henderson I would be trying to sell and bail.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

That's definitely a problem. No water=no life.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

This has been a issue for clark county since I lived in Nevada in the early 90's, things were fine till they let everyone move there instead of just handling the tourist
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    This has been a issue for clark county since I lived in Nevada in the early 90's, things were fine till they let everyone move there instead of just handling the tourist
    Hey I resemble that remark. I Lived in Henderson from 2000-2004 out by lake Meade (in the last neighborhood before passing Lake Las Vegas).

I moved to Texas. Yee Hah! A drought in Texas has more water than Vegas has seen in decades!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

If I ever go to Vegas I wasn't planing on drinking water any how .

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

What the hell do they expect, they built it in the middle of a desert?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The faucet is magic. You just turn it, and there's water!

Most people never grasp that a given location only has so much water available. They keep piling into an area, suck it dry, start piping in water from other areas, extend their pipelines...

Rome built its first aqueduct about 300 BC, but for most of its history it was short of drinkable water. The southern part of the People's Republic of California is a water vampire, supporting a megalopolis in semi-arid land. The problem isn't "not enough water", it's "too freaking many people."
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Alarming Drop In Lake Mead And Colorado River Water In Drought Plagued West

July 3, 2014, by Ken Jorgustin

Everything involved with our continued existence depends upon water.

Much of the west is arid and would not support the population and agriculture that it does today without the technology to do so — until now…

Read more…
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Before Las Vegas there was Newport. Newport Kentucky had open illegal gambling up until JFK took office. Newport Ky is in Cincinnati's backyard. Top name entertainment use to work and play here back in the day.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you could just as well say "the USA is screwed-- and LV/nevada is screwed AND running out of water--"

i'm sure some communist is working on "legislation" to somehow make more water--

the problem is you can paper over a lot of shit and the media will buy it --cause it is all just paper-- ask wall-street--

but when the water runs dry it just DRY--

the old saying "when your out of beer the partys over--but when your out of water ????"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.