Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: so I read on another site to get rid of stumps

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Smile so I read on another site to get rid of stumps

You drilled holes into em, poured milk in the holes and the cellulose would disintegrate.sounds like a great newfat remover!LOL!

Feedback Score

I read on another site that if you drilled holes in the stump and inserted sticks of dynamite, that it works much faster than milk.
    A site for gun enthusiasts and the shooting sports.
    www.proshooter.org
    Further bringing our pro-gun community together.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think you're right lol!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Old timer's trick was to drill holes and fill with potassium nitrate and cover with wet hay. After a few months of that fill with old battery acid from junk batteries. After a while the stump is pretty porous. Finally add kerosene, refilling as the stump absorbs it. Light her off and in a few days to weeks while the smoldering roots are consumed, ya got no more stump.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I have a couple lbs of stump remover somewhere. I bought it last year for making sugar rockets and smoke bombs. I must of hid it real good. Dang sulfur is gone to.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I just remembered that I put my chemicals in the box that the HF 3lb drum tumbler came in. The Tumbler box is next to my centerfire ammo cans.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

If the stump is away from anything you don't want damaged I used to take a bit brace with a long 1" auger bit and drill a hole into the stump at a downward angle 10-12" deep, pack it with 1/2 to-3/4" ( I'm guessing 500- 600 grains or so) of black powder. Take a 3-4" piece of 1 1/4 dowel and drill a hole through it to put a piece of cannon fuse through it then drive the "fuse plug" tight all the way down into the hole in the stump with a piece of pipe. Then stand back and touch it off. On a bigger stump 3-4 may be needed but usually it that will break one up enough to be able to hook onto it with the truck and it will pull right out pretty easy , if it doesn't pop it out entirely. No Muss,, No Fuss. Just go under ground level as much as possible though and it will pop the main roots right off so it comes out real easy. Plus you don't get a bunch of racket or debris flying all over Hell. We used to blow them all the time that way on the farm.

I know some of you chuckle heads would probably get carried away, but let me tell ya a little powder will go a hell of allot further than you might think, doing it the way we used to. On our 2nd or 3 rd attempts at removing stumps we had a BIG old Oak stump, and I mean a huge one, maybe 4-5 ' crossed. It was in the corner of a corn piece we had and Pa figured a bit more powder than normal would be better at getting that one out,,,,,

Well he put the powder right to it alright,,,in 5-6 spots and he rigged it with model rocket ignitors and when he touched it off ,,,WELL,,that frigging thing,,,

did a half rotation in mid air and landed back in the hole with the roots pointing at the sky and debris and shit raining down for 30 seconds afterwards, from 100 yards away, and you could even feel the ground shake ,,,

"yup,,,just a bit to much powder there Pa??"

Not sure of the new legality's involved with doing it that way nowadays, but that's how we got rid of stumps back in the day. It usually lifts the stumps right out of the ground pretty much in one piece and you can just drag them away and fill the hole in and your done. Fast and cheap too, we could remove 5-6 medium sized stumps with a lb of black powder, and be done in 2-3 hours or so, holes back filled and all.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Locust stumps giving me the most problem. Good ideas guys and thanks. Happy 4th!

Feedback Score

See the jokes section. Dynamite worked for Grand Daddy. Don't use too much

A little dab will do you!

Dynamite...it's your stump removal friend.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Old timer's trick was to drill holes and fill with potassium nitrate and cover with wet hay. After a few months of that fill with old battery acid from junk batteries. After a while the stump is pretty porous. Finally add kerosene, refilling as the stump absorbs it. Light her off and in a few days to weeks while the smoldering roots are consumed, ya got no more stump.
    we've always done our stumps this way minus the burning if we didnt just dig them out to start with...

now that im older & more often injured... if they are big ones we take the dozer and pop them out with that, then put them on the trailer and get rid of them. just had a willow stump we took out about a month ago, humongous & sprawling roots, wasnt diggin that up or gonna live long enough for it to rot out. had to just shove it across the road and put it on the creek bank.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.