Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Time to move on. It was fun for a time

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm here for the duration. I cant help it if other folks don't like what I say. If you guys remember we lost quite a few of our more colorful folks years ago because we started this new "kinder, gentler" thing. They started a whole new site where they could express their opinions. If you don't want to hear peoples opinions or you are very thin skinned, just don't come to general discussion. And about the whole "cop bashing" thing. We are supposed to be able to trust them. They are indeed "Held to a higher standard."
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

it is the off season anyway. i haven't seen much activity on any of the gun places.

i saw a report on the TV that rifle sales was down 7% from last year.

aside from some "deals" there ain't a lot to report on the firearms front except for the NRA and that is mostly anti-administration. and rightfully so.

sure there are problems with some law officers -- it is ignorant to put ALL leos in a bad light.

it is the fuck-ups in the videos.

the reason we have so many bad "police" is that the justice system is broke down.

the system keeps letting bad people out, the people the system just let out --go back into crime so they hire more police to make more arrests , then they have to let more out--

i have a cousin that is a homicide investigator in LR --- he investigates and deals suspects.

since the gang-bangers are on the warpath he don't get much sleep. he gets to see the worst the US has to offer every day. no wonder he is in a perpetual "bad mood".

when i was a kid the local LEOs were a lot like andy griffin -- they knew you , hell they wouldn't stop you less you were really doing something stupid.

today it is another matter-- if your stopped a full background investigation-- did you pay child support? any outstanding warrants? where were you last night? where did you come from? whats in the trunk?

the failure of the justice system to deal with convicts has turned the country into a sort of open prison system.

everybody is now some kind of suspect. you did something and were going to find out-- one way or the other.

the country does need to go back to andy griffion days.

what was different then?

cons didn't get out-- murderes were executed-- and the law and order system wasn't the money making industry it is today.

the laws are written is such a muddy way with lots of slack --sort of a chicken-shit CYA deal--that has to stop. the laws need to be clearly written and easy to understand.

chicken-shit laws need to be dropped -- and real criminals need to stay behind bars.

then we can have a reasonable sized LEO effort.

as long as we have armys of police trying to arrest armys of gangs, thugs and cons on the street --just to be let back out----were going to have a few police officers going bezerk, idiotic mistakes and shootings-beatings.

and it is the citizens in the crossfire.

the war on crime IS turning into a WAR.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Well,bye
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I have to admit I'm one of the first ones to express outrage at the various injustices in our society, and by our government. That being said however, I keep it to the "General" discussion board. I love gun building threads and I sure wish more people were posting that stuff. Unfortunately due to the cutbacks at work, I don't have the same disposable income I once had. That has prevented me from doing any more buying/building. I'd love to build a semi belt fed in some form or fashion, preferably an MG42/M53 type. I'd also love to build an UZI and a CZ26, and a 1911 or three, and some more AR's. Unfortunately I can't, so I can't start a thread about something I'm not working on. If some of the folks out there who ARE still building could/would start some build threads maybe we could get back to discussing building.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Many of us have been to busy doing other stuff more important than getting into drama,,me,,

I've just been spending my time working on my house, the Buick , 4 wheeling,car shows, fishing and arrowhead picking.

What happened all of a sudden,,,I don't show up for a few weeks and all of a sudden everyone is going at each other tooth and nail !! WTF is up with that ????? The humidity getting to everyone? Or are they spiking the water again??

Feedback Score

Hate to see you go Pyrotex. I can see where you're coming from though. When I want to read about gun building, it's usually somewhere else now. Just for the record I don't think there's more bad cops doing bad things nowadays. It's just that every damn thing everybody does is filmed now and splashed on utube and facebook within minutes. It's all in your face now. Used to be just swept under the rug and nobody heard about it.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    it is the off season anyway. i haven't seen much activity on any of the gun places.

i saw a report on the TV that rifle sales was down 7% from last year.

aside from some "deals" there ain't a lot to report on the firearms front except for the NRA and that is mostly anti-administration. and rightfully so.

sure there are problems with some law officers -- it is ignorant to put ALL leos in a bad light.

it is the fuck-ups in the videos.

the reason we have so many bad "police" is that the justice system is broke down.

the system keeps letting bad people out, the people the system just let out --go back into crime so they hire more police to make more arrests , then they have to let more out--

i have a cousin that is a homicide investigator in LR --- he investigates and deals suspects.

since the gang-bangers are on the warpath he don't get much sleep. he gets to see the worst the US has to offer every day. no wonder he is in a perpetual "bad mood".

when i was a kid the local LEOs were a lot like andy griffin -- they knew you , hell they wouldn't stop you less you were really doing something stupid.

today it is another matter-- if your stopped a full background investigation-- did you pay child support? any outstanding warrants? where were you last night? where did you come from? whats in the trunk?

the failure of the justice system to deal with convicts has turned the country into a sort of open prison system.

everybody is now some kind of suspect. you did something and were going to find out-- one way or the other.

the country does need to go back to andy griffion days.

what was different then?

cons didn't get out-- murderes were executed-- and the law and order system wasn't the money making industry it is today.

the laws are written is such a muddy way with lots of slack --sort of a chicken-shit CYA deal--that has to stop. the laws need to be clearly written and easy to understand.

chicken-shit laws need to be dropped -- and real criminals need to stay behind bars.

then we can have a reasonable sized LEO effort.

as long as we have armys of police trying to arrest armys of gangs, thugs and cons on the street --just to be let back out----were going to have a few police officers going bezerk, idiotic mistakes and shootings-beatings.

and it is the citizens in the crossfire.

the war on crime IS turning into a WAR.
    Excellent post. Spot on and I couldn't possibly agree with you more!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    That all depends on what country I am in, sometimes it's a mix of two languages.
    Assuming your primary language is English, you are welcome. Twice over. If it is anything Western European, again you are welcome twice over. If it isn't Russian, you are welcome for the past 70 years.

Time to move on.  It was fun for a time-americanflag20fc.jpg

That being said there are plenty of bad laws and cops in more than just the USA. Stereotyping is just as ignorant and pretending there isn't a problem. Using your line of thinking, the internet tells me all gun owners are nuts and guns are bad, so lets do away with them!!! So, if the internet is your looking glass through which you assess the outside world...well that speaks volumes. You can find whatever you are looking for on the interwebs.
    stalker1 likes this.
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I'm with ya dutigaf...staying till they pull the plug

BTW ...what sight does pyrotex build on? I'm starting a couple SA26 builds and might use his shell.

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    this thread is a prime example of why people are leaving this site.

it was a simple goodbye thread & as usual..... it was turned into an anti this & that & even an anti american thread... its the exact reason theres very little building going on here & people are bailing to other sites.

maybe the new owners need to change the name from GUNCO to ANTICO. seems it would be much more fitting & then no one would get confused or surprised by what gets posted or expect anything different than what they see now.

but for those of us who have been here for a long time & contributed tons of actual gunbuild/hobby related threads & tutorials here? i'll NEVER leave... they'll have to turn the lights out on me first....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

555th:

Pryotex is pryotex on WeaponsGuild & MF. same name everywhere... his 26 shells/tube are moving pretty good & he cuts everyone from the boards a break on them.

(he's also the guy for that PKM recvr you want to build)

my friend you are dead on it: im not going anywhere. you guys taught me how to build AK's & ive tried to repay it with helping others & teaching how to build subguns & such.... IN TILL THE END.

S
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.