Gunco Forums banner

Time to move on. It was fun for a time

8K views 92 replies 28 participants last post by  Pryotex 
#1 ·
Well, I do not see any deactivate or Delete button for my account so I guess it will just go dormant. I will be focusing my builds at other sites that actually build and talk about guns. Yes, asshole cops need to be locked up, but most of the time the child molester has neighbors like a few here that say "The cops are assholes my neighbor is a great guy let him go" is too much.

If the site ever gets back to guns and building shoot me and email.

Build on while the blue hats are not in control.

T

#3 ·
Pryotex, I hate that you're leaving. Good luck with the building, and the company. :salute:

#4 ·
don't run off--

all of us should know some good LEOs.

i think a lot of people here should visit a few places around the world where there is no law enforcement at all. it is a real eye opener on how low a human being can go.

the truth is freedom requires honest LEOs. people here SHOULD know that.

#5 ·
Pryotex is one of my best friends.. yeah he's a cop.. he's also a very good builder & i hate to see him go from here.

s

#7 ·
I certainly wasn't implying all cops are bad in that other topic. I have friends that LEO's and they are good people and righteous police officers. We even have good natured give each other the business about our chosen professions, the cop/firefighter rivalry.

My entire point is not every police department needs multiple full automatic weapons, snipers, armored vehicles, and SWAT officers. Checks and balances between the law enforcement methods and the evidence used to justify things like "no knock raids" need to be improved. Bad cops need to be fired and good cops rewarded. They have a crappy job sometimes and bad cops only make it worse for the good ones.

#10 ·
Don't worry Pryotex, I get the same thing for being in the military all the time. I just let it roll off. Bias is something we all have, one side calls me a "Tyrant's Pawn" and the other side calls me a "Baby Killer" all the while refusing to admit I have a super secret power called "individual thought." You rarely see the good the military does on t.v. you only see when a few of them tinkle on some Taliban. It sells more newspapers and magazines that way.

I have seen some intense articles about a "Military takeover" of the cities and states of America and I just see it for what it is. No one ever wants us around unless we are needed. If you don't believe me just think of how many times you have been with someone in the car and another car zips by you and other person says, "Man I hope the cops nab that a**hole." And that same person will get pulled over and the "a**hole" is magically the cop this time. Sometimes people put in positions of trust make mistakes, either legitimate or in judgement and it looks bad on the entire institution.

Look at it this way, "Jesus only had to make 12 decisions and he messed one of them up."

Good luck brother, with your builds and your business.

#11 ·
Don't worry Pryotex, I get the same thing for being in the military all the time. I just let it roll off. Bias is something we all have,
Yes don't worry Pyrotex, those who complain abut cops murdering and torturing people are just biased. Most cops do a great job ! LOL

[video=youtube;tHzYIrBffVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzYIrBffVs[/video]

#15 ·
I'm almost 60 and never been treated with disrespect. I don't Dui never robbed anyone and do the speed limit.My friends include active and retired cops. Your video is not representative of all police. Don't like America don't come here.problem solved.I believe in my country or I would have left it

#16 ·
Nothing wrong with the majority of people America, just the sadists that rule. If you don't know that by now you are brain dead.

What is it exactly that you believe in about your country ?

#21 ·
I've seen the cop vs bartendress video a few times. If I remember right, his coworkers guarded the door so he could beat the shit out of her.
If I ever make it out their way, I hope they try some of that shit with me. 6'1" fatboy and his thugs can give it a go. 6'1" old man has a lil somethin' for 'em.
All I ask is one at a time.
'Cept they don't work like that. All the respect to mag, abu and the stalker but that's not how it works. I know a few PO's, some I've known since the day our mother fed us both at the same time. Some I've watched cut their own hands and put them in mine.
The majority? Brutal muther fukkers. Ready to fukk you up for no reason at all. We've all been there, 25 years ago I was ready and willing to fight every human that walked within 100 yards of me. A lot of officers get stuck there. Ready to taz your mom at a moments notice.
Mick is right and it's not that I've walked on both sides, I walk on both sides.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. It doesn't get any simpler than that. Be it police or the cashier at dairy queen, just a wee pinch of power and it all goes to hell. I've done it and I'll do it again. You will too. Every human will.

So get off that horse and tie it up, all you assclowns. You too Mick. I need the police to handle the shit I don't have time for, we all do. If "we" hired Mick to be an officer there's a really good chance he'd beat the piss out of somebody and then I'd be pissed at him. now I gotta break micks face.
What a web.
Is this post ready? Fuck it, why not.
Thank you Makers mark for removing every single inhibition I've ever known.

#22 ·
So get off that horse and tie it up, all you assclowns. You too Mick. I need the police to handle the shit I don't have time for, we all do. If "we" hired Mick to be an officer there's a really good chance he'd beat the piss out of somebody and then I'd be pissed at him...
That would never happen. I could never volunteer to join the police force. I have more self respect.

#24 ·
The cops can't win this argument, it's impossible. The evidence is there for all to see ,it goes on and on without end.

[video=youtube;e_kN2-3W1x0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_kN2-3W1x0[/video]

#27 ·
HELL I don't really blame him! the site has become nothing but a anti government anti cop anti every religion but christian anti anyone but whites Obama sucks sight .

I have gotten two PMs/ emails from members in the two weeks last week asking WTF happend to gunco an former members who are afraid to be associated with this site any more .
both said they would be embarrassed to steer anyone here to read or see anything they posted .

Obama sucsk we get it some cops are jerks we get it. But seriously doesn't anyone here have a life besides bitching about the government an waiting for some SHTF scenario ?? 95% of the posts here are anti government crap regurgitated

the veiled threats an out right anti government crap has driven off about ever builder here an those who did build only stop to hopefully see some thing new .

The cops need to be shot or what ever crap some guys are spewing needs to end its gotten flat out to the point were you almost expect a knock on the door. for just posting here

half the crap that gets posted I see in my emails every day from all the spam crap I get.

I hear a million bitches but never one serious suggestion on how to fix things .

Ill miss him but Ills him on several other sites were guns an gun talk is still the focus.

Sorry to see its gotten to this point I have a lot of time an work , time into posts here an it sucks to see the site take such a steaming dump .

#29 ·
I would guess all that makes you an anti anti.
LOL no I have issues with a lot of these things but I try to enjoy my life .

if I wanted to bitch about to Obama the govermentor cops all day Id join a political site not what was one of the best gun building sites on the net.

Just link to any of the hundreds of regurgitated posts here an you can find those sites pretty easy

Obama sucks , cops suck , every one but my group sucks LMFAO

#30 ·
this thread is a prime example of why people are leaving this site.

it was a simple goodbye thread & as usual..... it was turned into an anti this & that & even an anti american thread... its the exact reason theres very little building going on here & people are bailing to other sites.

maybe the new owners need to change the name from GUNCO to ANTICO. seems it would be much more fitting & then no one would get confused or surprised by what gets posted or expect anything different than what they see now.

but for those of us who have been here for a long time & contributed tons of actual gunbuild/hobby related threads & tutorials here? i'll NEVER leave... they'll have to turn the lights out on me first....

Reactions: Sprat and moleman
#31 ·
I'm here for the duration. I cant help it if other folks don't like what I say. If you guys remember we lost quite a few of our more colorful folks years ago because we started this new "kinder, gentler" thing. They started a whole new site where they could express their opinions. If you don't want to hear peoples opinions or you are very thin skinned, just don't come to general discussion. And about the whole "cop bashing" thing. We are supposed to be able to trust them. They are indeed "Held to a higher standard."

#32 ·
it is the off season anyway. i haven't seen much activity on any of the gun places.

i saw a report on the TV that rifle sales was down 7% from last year.

aside from some "deals" there ain't a lot to report on the firearms front except for the NRA and that is mostly anti-administration. and rightfully so.

sure there are problems with some law officers -- it is ignorant to put ALL leos in a bad light.

it is the fuck-ups in the videos.

the reason we have so many bad "police" is that the justice system is broke down.

the system keeps letting bad people out, the people the system just let out --go back into crime so they hire more police to make more arrests , then they have to let more out--

i have a cousin that is a homicide investigator in LR --- he investigates and deals suspects.

since the gang-bangers are on the warpath he don't get much sleep. he gets to see the worst the US has to offer every day. no wonder he is in a perpetual "bad mood".

when i was a kid the local LEOs were a lot like andy griffin -- they knew you , hell they wouldn't stop you less you were really doing something stupid.

today it is another matter-- if your stopped a full background investigation-- did you pay child support? any outstanding warrants? where were you last night? where did you come from? whats in the trunk?

the failure of the justice system to deal with convicts has turned the country into a sort of open prison system.

everybody is now some kind of suspect. you did something and were going to find out-- one way or the other.

the country does need to go back to andy griffion days.

what was different then?

cons didn't get out-- murderes were executed-- and the law and order system wasn't the money making industry it is today.

the laws are written is such a muddy way with lots of slack --sort of a chicken-shit CYA deal--that has to stop. the laws need to be clearly written and easy to understand.

chicken-shit laws need to be dropped -- and real criminals need to stay behind bars.

then we can have a reasonable sized LEO effort.

as long as we have armys of police trying to arrest armys of gangs, thugs and cons on the street --just to be let back out----were going to have a few police officers going bezerk, idiotic mistakes and shootings-beatings.

and it is the citizens in the crossfire.

the war on crime IS turning into a WAR.

#34 ·
I have to admit I'm one of the first ones to express outrage at the various injustices in our society, and by our government. That being said however, I keep it to the "General" discussion board. I love gun building threads and I sure wish more people were posting that stuff. Unfortunately due to the cutbacks at work, I don't have the same disposable income I once had. That has prevented me from doing any more buying/building. I'd love to build a semi belt fed in some form or fashion, preferably an MG42/M53 type. I'd also love to build an UZI and a CZ26, and a 1911 or three, and some more AR's. Unfortunately I can't, so I can't start a thread about something I'm not working on. If some of the folks out there who ARE still building could/would start some build threads maybe we could get back to discussing building.

#35 ·
Many of us have been to busy doing other stuff more important than getting into drama,,me,,

I've just been spending my time working on my house, the Buick , 4 wheeling,car shows, fishing and arrowhead picking.

What happened all of a sudden,,,I don't show up for a few weeks and all of a sudden everyone is going at each other tooth and nail !! WTF is up with that ????? The humidity getting to everyone? Or are they spiking the water again??

#36 ·
Hate to see you go Pyrotex. I can see where you're coming from though. When I want to read about gun building, it's usually somewhere else now. Just for the record I don't think there's more bad cops doing bad things nowadays. It's just that every damn thing everybody does is filmed now and splashed on utube and facebook within minutes. It's all in your face now. Used to be just swept under the rug and nobody heard about it.

#40 ·
555th:

Pryotex is pryotex on WeaponsGuild & MF. same name everywhere... his 26 shells/tube are moving pretty good & he cuts everyone from the boards a break on them.

(he's also the guy for that PKM recvr you want to build) :cheers:

my friend you are dead on it: im not going anywhere. you guys taught me how to build AK's & ive tried to repay it with helping others & teaching how to build subguns & such.... IN TILL THE END.

S

#46 ·
Well by God, let's get us a nice "CZ26 Build" thread going!! I can't afford to build one right now, but I hope to in the future.

#41 ·
OK, I'm in.
what's the next step for this?
Gun accessory Trigger Cylinder Metal Composite material

Lets build a firearm. (and see if I can figure out the apparently new picture thing)

#45 ·
OK, I'm in.
what's the next step for this?
View attachment 37302
Lets build a firearm. (and see if I can figure out the apparently new picture thing)
hell theres not much left to do besides stick it together once you get that far. looks like a nice afternoon in the garage is in your near future. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.