Gunco Forums banner

22lr showing up ?

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  sniper69 
#1 ·
seems like the supply lines have been opening up locally. last three weeks have picked up well over 5,000 rds at pretty much normal prices

today saw CCI Mini-Mag ammo boxes with 16-100rd boxes for 119

Winchester tactical 1000rd packs for 55 bucks

thunderbolt at 2.49 a box

seriously doubt the days of 8.99 a brick will ever come back but atleast ammo is showing up

#3 ·
I haven't seem any reasonable .22 lr for a month of Sundays.

Coils, Pricing here is about the same as you are seeing

I broke down earlier this year and bought a 5000 round brick of Aquilla ammo at about 10 cents a round which is ridiculous.

Recently I bought 2000 rounds of Sellier and bellot packed loose in an ammo can but it was 80's production and I'm expecting a few duds in there. I'm just gonna use that for plinking and save the newer stuff for varmints and serious target shooting. That was 9 or 10 cents a round too, which is a ridiculous price.

I sure do miss those Winchester value packs at Wally World!

#4 ·
Where I am,(S.W.FL), there's still no .22lr on the shelf. I did pick up a box of 550 at a FunShow for $50, but only because 1) I knew it was ammo that my Rugers run without a hiccup and 2) I had to replace some odds-and-ends ammo that I wanted to burn up with my grandsons.
Back before all this stoopidity, nearly everyone in my family gave me a brick or a bulkpack for Christmas. Guys I did business with would give me a commemorative tin.
Hunter

#5 ·
CCI Mini-Mag ammo boxes with 16-100rd boxes for 119....Winchester tactical 1000rd packs for 55 bucks
PuppyChow, what's your AO? My local BassPro is getting 1 or 2 sleeves of Mini-Mag at a time, IF THEY GET IT.
These asshats tell me to get to the store at 0630 to get the best 'selection'. Where I live I don't have to get up before 0930 even to go hunting. And they want me to get up before gawd to buy ammo at 300% over value? Yea, right.
Hunter

#8 ·
Here STG they stock Wally World at 6:30 a.m. or so? Guys are their to grab, take the ammo too the fun show and sell at double the price. When it is the same price to fire an A.K. as a .22 geez which one will I choose?
F#$K their gouging prices, need a small game catcher? Hell use traps and dead falls. Let the gougers eat their .22 overpriced rip off crap.

#7 ·
There's not much in .22lr in this area at all. pick up some now and then.

#9 ·
Hunter if your in SW Fl the only Bass pro around here is around the corner from me well 10 miles anyway, they have not had 22lr for over two years in any quanitity

22lr has always been available cabelas has been selling it for fair prices for over a years abet with limited volume to stop the resellers, I have been getting mini mag for lest then $12 a box for the past 1 1/2 years thanks to gunbot and other sites namely cabelas

#12 ·
yes the cabelas sale always went fast, we have a guy on florida concealed carry who has a relative who works there in nebraska, we would get heads up the prices where always good but they had a 2 box limit sometime 10 box limits, I always post here when they came up
again i never had a real problem getting 22lr plus gunbot also had notification on cabelas and others

#13 ·
one has to wonder why 22lr got hit so hard.

my uncle who once shot 22lr and 22 mag all the time has switched over to strictly 223 --

i got a few bricks of 22LR from a couple years ago -- i ain't shot any of it-- it looks like 9mm has become my "new" 22-- ironic ain't it?

#16 ·
was real simple, people/shops placed huge orders and have sat on the ammo driving prices up. local guy I ran into stated that bricks in NY were still up over 100 at the funshows. no way am I paying that

I was to the point that I was just buying tula 223 at wallymart at 5.27 a box (now it's 5.47) when there wasn't any 22 about, and local shops were selling 50rd of 22 for 10 bucks an up

#15 ·
also was able to stock up on 22 magnum, well 500rds anyhow.

on the way home today they still had a couple of the CCI 1600rd packs so did my duty an bought another. other store had Remington Cyclone bricks at 33 bucks a brick, but haven't heard great things about it, basically a HP thunderbolt isn't it ? have to head into town at some point this weekend, maybe pick up the one box you are allowed (brick) and just use in a bolt gun ?

anyone have any experience with Remington Cyclone ?

#17 ·
For .22 (or other calibers) at walmart use brassbadger.com - but for .22 if it shows it in stock for more than a day that usually means the store has incorrect inventory or an employee grabbed some and hid it (it can happen). But for my area brassbadger has been quite accurate for finding .22. Knowing when a store puts out ammo is good knowledge to have too. Last two times I was in walmart, there were no lines for .22 (and this is at the 8am time they sell ammo). A couple stores in the area sell ammo 24 hours, so they put it out as they get it - but most of the walmarts in my area sell it at 8am.

At wikiarms.com one can set up email alerts for a particular price point (I set it at 10 cents/rd so it would alert for cci minimags). In the last 3 days I've gotten about 20 or more emails to my phone showing .22 in stock at 10 cents a round or less (the least expensive was 4 cents a round at gander mountain). The .22 is still selling out fast, but it is out there. The 300 rd. bulk packs of cci minimags (choot 'em edition) lasted about 20 minutes. It seems there is a variety of .22. Heck gander had (maybe still has - didn't check today) CCI .22 WMR for over a day in a 200 rd. bulk pack (also a choot 'em edition). Gander also will ship most any item to store for free or if an order is over $50 will ship to home for free. Cabelas will ship to store for free too.

#20 ·
SouthTexasGuy - you're welcome. I hope those sites help you with finding .22 as much as they have helped me. Another site that is similar to wikiarms is gunbot.net :)

#19 ·
I haven't bought any 22lr since it went nuts, lucky for me I bought a case just before it started. And it was just dumb luck, I had some extra funds and went to the local shop, the only gun I seen that I was interested in was over priced, so I bought the ammo. Now I wish I would of bought two :D

I'm still trying to hold out and see if the prices start to drop before I need more, I won't pay these prices, I did get some Wolf 223 that AIM had on sale a few weeks ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.