Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: lever action shotguns

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    While not a repeater, the Ithaca model 66 is technically a lever action, in a break open single shot!

I have one, it was the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title.
    A site for gun enthusiasts and the shooting sports.
    www.proshooter.org
    Further bringing our pro-gun community together.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    I'd never even heard of "Kessler" before. That's a very interesting design... a bit chunky looking with the box magazine, and "different", but not in a bad way.

Rossi needs to hire an English speaker for their web page. I'm guessing that's one of their .444 or .45-70 models, tweaked a bit to handle .410 shells; it would be very simple to do.

I need to read up on lever action mechanisms some more. I'd read that they're extremely sensitive to ammunition length, and if the bullets aren't seated just right the lifter will get a wedgie. But shotgun shells are all over the place in overall length!

Thanks, guys!
    Man u got that right. Years ago a freind brought over a Malin 30-30 for me to look at. He said "last year the gun worked perfect. Now it jams when I try to cycle a round into it." A "wedgie" is a perfect desciption. We took that gun apart and inspected every single piece and came up scratching our heads. Then it hit me. I asked if this was the same ammo he used last year. "no, I just bought that"
    The rounds where too long from the factory.
    We must have spent 4 hrs looking for something wrong with the gun.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

While not a repeater, the Ithaca model 66 is technically a lever action, in a break open single shot!
    Kind of cool thanks for the link

I passed on a original lever action winchester 12 gauge ar a garage sale about 15 yearsago for $300 ( yea Im a dumb ass )

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I don't understand the need to buy chi com,turkish, copies when at any funshow I have ever been to there are always well made SXS american made shotguns.
    I agree I got a decent Stevens SXS abut a year ago for $150 with a box of shells an a case . the stuff is out there .

I need to shoot it some day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.