Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: lever action shotguns

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default lever action shotguns

...and off the usual track, does anyone know of a lever action shotgun that is NOT an 1887 Winchester or a copy of one?

I had a moment of curiosity that turned into one of those circular Google-timewasters, and haven't found anything yet. Surely *someone* else made a lever shotgun?
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

As i recall I think the winchester an copy is the only one I think I recall that from reading about the gun used in the terminator movie .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Rossi makes a 410

410Ga Stainless 20"

DESCRIPTION
    TECHNICAL SPECS

Now there's a Rossi rifle in the popular 410 shot shells caliber. The Rio Grande offers accuracy, performance and practicality for a lifetime of fast, lever-action shooting. Authentic buckhorn sights and a beautiful hardwood finish make this model look like the classic, but the new Rossi design performs like a state-of-the art rifle. Available in blue or stainless steel, these hard-charging lever-actions provide for shooting fun. Fully loaded with the latest Taurus features for safety and reliability.

410Ga Stainless 20"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well, altho not technically shotguns, many if not all of the old time trick shooters used some smooth-bore lever action rifles for their moving (thrown) target shooting. Annie Oakley, Buffalo Bill, etc.
    Other than that I cant think of any.
    After thinking on it I suppose they would be technically shotguns, wouldnt they?
    And a rifled shotgun would technically be a rifle.
    Now my head hurts.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

I think the Winchester was called the 9410. I ordered a ChiCom lever 12ga that I haven't recieved yet. Already have an 18" Norinco SXS. My guys and I have been doing a lot of shotgun stuff ever since .223 and .22lr became scarce. They took to it nicely and really enjoy it. Can't wait to shoot clay pigeons with a gun designed over 125 years ago. Gotta keep the new guys ol' skool.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score

Clicked on the link. Neat looking gun. Gunsamerica has a bolt action 12ga for sale with the same style and looks.
    Hunter

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'd never even heard of "Kessler" before. That's a very interesting design... a bit chunky looking with the box magazine, and "different", but not in a bad way.

Rossi needs to hire an English speaker for their web page. I'm guessing that's one of their .444 or .45-70 models, tweaked a bit to handle .410 shells; it would be very simple to do.

I need to read up on lever action mechanisms some more. I'd read that they're extremely sensitive to ammunition length, and if the bullets aren't seated just right the lifter will get a wedgie. But shotgun shells are all over the place in overall length!

Thanks, guys!
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

While not a repeater, the Ithaca model 66 is technically a lever action, in a break open single shot!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lever action shotguns-m66-page-2.jpg  

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I don't understand the need to buy chi com,turkish, copies when at any funshow I have ever been to there are always well made SXS american made shotguns.
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.