Thread: COP KILLED BUY MAN LOOKING TO BE COME FAMOUS

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default COP KILLED BUY MAN LOOKING TO BE COME FAMOUS

Im sure the media will make him famous he was just doing his job. RIP

AOL.com Article - Mayor: Cop killer said he was 'going to be famous'
    JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) - A gunman who killed a rookie officer responding to a report of an armed robbery at a drugstore early Sunday never tried to rob the store and instead lay in wait for police, telling a witness to watch the news because he was "going to be famous," authorities said.
    Lawrence Campbell shot Officer Melvin Santiago in the head shortly after he and his partner arrived at the 24-hour Walgreens at around 4 a.m., Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop said. Other officers returned fire at Campbell, killing him.
    Campbell, 27, of Jersey City, was one of three suspects wanted by police for a prior homicide, Fulop said.
    Fulop said Campbell was carrying a knife when he walked into Walgreens and asked for directions to the greeting card aisle. He assaulted an armed security guard at the store and snatched his gun, Fulop said.
    According to Fulop, Campbell approached a witness and apologized for his conduct, then said to watch the news later because he was "going to be famous," then waited for officers to arrive and shot Santiago with what police believe was the guard's weapon.
    "Today was a horrible day for Jersey City," Fulop said.
    Dozens of officers stood single file at the entrance of the hospital and saluted as Santiago's flag-draped body was carried into an ambulance. A handful of younger officers consoled one another as they walked away. Santiago, 23, graduated from the police academy in December.
    Fulop was there when Santiago's body arrived at the hospital. As Santiago's mother identified the body, Fulop said, she "just keep repeating the badge number and saying that it's not possible."
    Santiago is the first Jersey City officer killed in the line of duty since Detective Marc DiNardo died in July 2009 during a raid on an apartment while searching for suspects in a robbery.
    "It is a tragic situation when any officer is killed in the line of duty," Fulop said. "Melvin was an officer who represented everything one would want to see in a police officer. I know the entire city's thoughts and prayers are with the Santiago family during this difficult time and we mourn together."
    Jean Belviso, who has been delivering newspapers for 10 years, was driving through the Walgreens parking lot when she said saw a man wearing burgundy sweatpants and a baseball cap walk out of the store. A police cruiser pulled up in front of Walgreens, and the suspect began shooting, the 61-year-old Belviso said.
    "We thought he was running, coming toward us," said Belviso, who was riding along with a friend. "He kept on shooting."
    Bullets flew through the cruiser's windshield, 13 in all. The suspect was shot multiple times, and officers slapped handcuffs on him, Belviso said.
    Campbell's body remained on the ground next to the bullet-riddled cruiser for more than five hours after the shooting before it was placed in a coroner's van and taken away.
    Markeisha Marshall, a spokeswoman for Walgreens, said the company was "deeply regretful" over the officer's death and extended its sympathies to his family and friends. The store has round-the-clock armed security, Marshall noted.
    Police are also searching for another man who they believe was involved in the previous homicide with Campbell, Fulop said. They have been aggressively seeking Daniel Wilson for the last three days, Fulop said.
    The Jersey City Police Benevolent Association said in a statement that their hearts were heavy over Santiago's death.
    "Patrolman Santiago knew the risks associated with this job, yet he put himself in front of danger in order to keep Jersey City safe," the association said. "Words cannot adequately express our feelings about this senseless tragedy."
    The officer's stepfather, Alex McBride, said Santiago was "very proud" to be a police officer, following in the footsteps of his uncle. McBride said he had been in Santiago's life for 14 years, noting that his stepson had wanted to be a police officer since playing the "Call of Duty" video game.
    "Melvin was the best kid," he said, choking up as he sat hunched over on a plastic crate in an alley outside the family's apartment. "I watched him graduate from high school. He joined every sport, everything. He never did no harm to nobody. And he was full of life."
    Gary Nahrwold, 24, recalled his friend Santiago first saying a decade ago that he wanted to become a police officer. Nahrwold also hopes to join the force and said he won't be discouraged by Santiago's slaying.
    "It just gives me more purpose to do it," he said. "I'm not going to be deterred by some senseless crimes."

Feedback Score

War is a terrible thing.
    Last edited by stalker1; Today at 01:15 AM. Reason: had to piss

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

War is a terrible thing.

WHAT WAR YOU IDIOT? DO YOU THINK THIS KILLER IS SOME SOLDIER IN YOUR SCREWED UP FANTASY BATTLE AGAINST COPS .

THE KILLER CALLED IN A ROBBERY SO HE GOULD MURDER A MAN IN COLD BLOOD . THE VERY IDEA THAT YOUR HAPPY ABOUT THIS IS DISTURBING . DO YOU FEEL THE KILLER DID A GOOD THING ? I SERIOUSLY
    QUESTION YOUR MENTAL STATE AN IF YOU SHOULD EVEN BE A GUN OWNER !

ITS IDIOTS LIKE YOU THAT HAVE TURNED THIS SITE TO SHIT !

Feedback Score

That is terrible. I know some officers have gone overboard lately but I hate to read news like this.

I wouldn't want to be a policeman. That job is very difficult and hard to do if you want to do the very good job.

I always try to give them respect. I pull over when stopped..hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel. Always hand over my CHL and ID with no attitude.

Sometimes they are in a bad mood. It used to make me angry because I always try to treat officers like I want to be treated. But then again the person they stopped before me may have been a total A hole to them, so thats understandable.

But with that said, I see increased militarization of the Police forces. And a lot of bad stuff has went down (shooting peoples dogs for no reason, Not knocking or identifying and busting into the wrong house and shooting the guy because he had a gun to defend his home and didn't know they were officers). Now something has to be done about that.

I don't like that and I don't think anyone here does. But I am never happy to see an officer killed.

My niece is married to an LEO. He is a good guy and me and him see eye to eye on most things. Everytime I read about an Officer getting shot I think "Thats terrible and Thank God it wasn't him."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

He's trolling to get reactions. Took me a little while to catch.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    WHAT WAR YOU IDIOT? DO YOU THINK THIS KILLER IS SOME SOLDIER IN YOUR SCREWED UP FANTASY BATTLE AGAINST COPS .

THE KILLER CALLED IN A ROBBERY SO HE GOULD MURDER A MAN IN COLD BLOOD . THE VERY IDEA THAT YOUR HAPPY ABOUT THIS IS DISTURBING . DO YOU FEEL THE KILLER DID A GOOD THING ? I SERIOUSLY
    QUESTION YOUR MENTAL STATE AN IF YOU SHOULD EVEN BE A GUN OWNER !

ITS IDIOTS LIKE YOU THAT HAVE TURNED THIS SITE TO SHIT !

Thank you big gun

for the past few month I had to start to ignore this new member, I will also ignore anyone who replies to him except to call him out for what he is

this cop killer animal was already wanted in connection with a homicide, I really hope this is not a trend or copycated

edited: I found this http://newjersey.news12.com/multimed...athy-1.8789489
    this is what happens when the administration promotes lawlessness
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

He's trolling to get reactions. Took me a little while to catch.
    I think the policy Of Gunco is to ban trolls, is it not ? I know he has been banned on WG an likely else were why do we nee dhis crap here?

Thank you big gun

for the past few month I had to start to ignore this new member, I will also ignore anyone who replies to him except to call him out for what he is

this cop killer animal was already wanted in connection with a homicide, I really hope this is not a trend or copycated

edited: I found this http://newjersey.news12.com/multimed...athy-1.8789489
    this is what happens when the administration promotes lawlessness
    Yea there is no need this crap .
    Either from gunco Members an certainly from people who hunt cops to become famous .
    I hate the fact the media has become a conduit for the mentally ill an hopeless criminals to use to get there name recognized all to often in a demented sense of glory.

I hate to even post it as it gives the guy recognition. I wish the media had done the story an had just said a criminal committed the crime an left his name out .
    it seems like there is almost a bar set higher every time some wack job goes on a killing spree . this follows the vegas shooting were those idiots gunned down cops in cold blood for no real reason .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Biggun I bailed on that thread when it got obvious he was trying to bait me. I'm sorry he decided to go after you next. Good response on your part.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Biggun I bailed on that thread when it got obvious he was trying to bait me. I'm sorry he decided to go after you next. Good response on your part.
    I heard he can build guns an that would be great by me if he showed some of his talent. I also know he has been banned else were for his BS Via several PMs an emails . I an most others I have recently spoken to have no more time for his BS.

I have faith the moderator here will do the right thing if this site wants to continue in a positive manner . ???

Feedback Score

Read an article today today on fox that they have memorials set up for both the cop and the perp on the side ofthe road. The memorial for the perp is larger than the one for the cop. If you were a cop in that area, why would you want to remain on the job in that area? It doesn't look like the local polulation appreciates your effort.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.