Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Last post

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

he's a build addict & he'll be back when its build related.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

I have been through this type of thing on a couple boards.

The members tend to stick together, and new members rise to the top to replace the vacuums left by the old members.

I'm sorry I won't get a chance to 'know' you, oneofthetwins.

Regards,

Josh

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Last post-old-pictures-xp-computer-889.jpgName:  old pictures from XP computer 900.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  28.3 KBAnd the beat goes on...
    Last edited by railbuggy; 07-20-2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: better picture of early members
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Other than a few minor set-to's between a few members I don't see any major worry's with the sight. It is summer after all and many of use are busier than 2 pecker Billy goats in spring time, trying to do family stuff, vacations, working on our houses, and in my case going to every car show on Gods Green Earth I can possibly get to,,,

and in some poor souls case's,,,working there ass off to make ends meet.

GAWD I LOVE RETIREMENT!!!!

In all the time I've been here I've noticed summer participation is generally down and I don't really think there's any "Gloom and Doom" on the horizon for Gunco, it's just the season to be busy for most everyone.

WERE JUST ALL OUT HAVING FUN IN THE SUN, or busting ass to get stuff done!!

I do hate to see long time members leave though. Building has taken a big hit in general with the,,, ridiculousness ,,,,of kit prices lately,,Good Lord!!!! It's pretty damn bad when a kit costs as much as a complete gun used to cost right off the shelf just 3-4 years ago. I know my plans for any builds have gone out the window,,,NO WAY IN HELL will I pay >300+ for a just a kit you still need to spend 200+ bucks more on to finish,,,gimme a break!!! Any parts I did have , have already made into something so just about every part I had has been used up at this point. The parts coffers are bare!

Last thing I did of any consequence was the 03 Springfield I re barreled and spiffed up last year. Being a AK forum I didn't even take any pics of it in progress thinking no one would really be interested in a bolt gun build/rebuild on a AK forum,,guess I was wrong. In hindsight, I should have started a thread on it. Sorry I was a slacker in that respect.

As for all the politics lately,, it's Damn hard , NOT,, to get caught up in all that's going on in the world today if you truly care about our country and many of us,,myself included just can't stand by without commenting on some of this nonsense going on. Don't let it chase you away guys,,hang in there,

hopefully better days are a coming and we can all get back to our hobbies in a meaningful way and we can start to enjoy building something again. For myself,,I'm just concentrating on rebuilding the Buick for now till the gun building situation and prices come back around to some sense of normalcy.

And believe me, Lucille is a project that is kinda like building 47 different kits all at the same time,,,Damn it's a long ways around that car, and a whole lot of pieces parts involved. But at least it's keeping my hands and mind busy and keeping me out of mischief,,,well somewhat,,,,Ya can't expect me to stay out of mischief for to long after all,,,,, I'd hate to start being ,To Good,,,everyone would expect it from me all the time if I did,,and we can't have that now!!!!

But hang in there guys,, better days are a coming,,,,

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

folks come and go,
    I checked his post activity I did not see anything where he was attacked,personally, perhaps he found a new site.
    I learned along time ago to stick it out until im personally attacked by the moderators and the other moderators go along with it. once that happens its time to take my experience and knowledge with me, the real shame is the posts I left behind for someone to copy then claim new found knowledge, without giving original credit ( this has happened on a few build sites)
    I agree with one of the post above why post your leaving, just go then you can always come back

so besides WG what other bonifide build sites are left noteworthy
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Sorry to see you go . I hope you do check back in an see if things get better or not.

I hope some new builds start showing up.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    folks come and go,
    I checked his post activity I did not see anything where he was attacked,personally, perhaps he found a new site.
    I learned along time ago to stick it out until im personally attacked by the moderators and the other moderators go along with it. once that happens its time to take my experience and knowledge with me, the real shame is the posts I left behind for someone to copy then claim new found knowledge, without giving original credit ( this has happened on a few build sites)
    I agree with one of the post above why post your leaving, just go then you can always come back

so besides WG what other bonifide build sites are left noteworthy

true building sites vs "gun sites" ? ............ not many.

tons of "i tacticooled/built an AR" places out there.... but very few true build something from scratch sites.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old pictures from XP computer 889.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	37355Name:  old pictures from XP computer 900.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  28.3 KBAnd the beat goes on...
    HolyKrappola, I almost pooped myself. That looks like the cantina/bar scene from the original Star Wars.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Its slow on the other premium sites as well.
    Also I think the "new" has worn off. Kinda like being married. At first you cant keep your hands off each other. Then as the years go by and the physical attraction isn't what it used to be you find out if you are really compatible. You either stay together or you split. This is the second gun site I joined, and I dropped the first one after coming here. Then Sean lured me to WG with his Thompson build. That's site #2 for me. Other than these I don't feel the need to go anywhere else.
    And if you think its gets dicey here at times I invite you to go to some of the aforementioned AR slap together sites and ask a newbie question. After they get thru reaming you out real good you'll be back!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

if you think its gets dicey here at times I invite you to go to some of the aforementioned AR slap together sites and ask a newbie question. After they get thru reaming you out real good you'll be back!
    WELL Yea you put a AR together wrong an Zombies can smell that an get you . It life an death man you got to have your room clearing gear in top order . LOL

One of the issues here was Gunco got big when Ak building was new an lots og guys came here to figure it all out an come up with better ways . now Putting a AK together is no mystery . Gunco never really had the build from scratch mentality that a few of the other sights have. yes there are very talntedbulders an machinest here but this site was never really about building all the types of kits out there . yea there are posts stuff but not like on other sites. When AK kits got pricey lots of guys said screw it an now we have Ytube were there is likely 50 tutorials on building a AK so more guys go there to learn . lets face it how many stock looking AKms does a oldtimer want to see an go nice build?? ARs are popular here but not very many guys doing more than the basics you see ever were else anymore .

I have likely done as much with avaliable AK parts custom pieces as anyone an I am bored to death of Aks . I still like to do customs but when I need $600 to get a build off the ground I have to say no.

the other sites are thriving because the members are mostly builders an have a pretty heavy machinist back ground an are interested in every thng gun building related. you dont go to gunco to learn how to build a sunomi, sten , or BAR a custom from scratch revolver etc . some of those members are here but they post were others are doing the same stuff.

I honestly feel like a monkey with a rock compared to some of talent on weapons guild an other sites . I can fit in by giving AK knowledge but the level of some of the true machinists there is amazing . WG an other sites are nto a palce to go an bitch about Obama or to be critical of a guys work or to discuss laws an lawmakers. only general discussion has no political BS .

Gunco allows all kinds of discussion the problem IMO is it often has gone way to far an that attracts guys who would rather bitch or discuss politics an how the country is going to hell than guns an building . thats fine if thats all your into but Gunco was originally a gun building site an now many old original members ( most have left ) Now what is left is not really a gun building site but more of right wing gun enthusiast chat room.

how all this will play out only time will tell It would be nice if there could be political discussion an current event discussion an gun building all at the same place but the problem IMO is all to often everything just turns into Obama sucks ,cops are dicks , the government is coming to get me shit fest filled with half truths an BS come get it from my cold dead hands tough talk . everyone starts colluding to try an fit in an next thing you know guys are throwing out people need to die crap.
    Every one here knows what the current administration is anti gun an that some of our constitutional rights are under heavy attack . we all know it an we are all frustrated by it, However IMO we all need to take a step back an think what some of the talk here sounds like to our wives m children bosses an friends .

Id love to have a barbecue with almost everyone here have a few brews an talk about what is good in life not how everything sucks in your lives an the world is coming after you. I bet most of you guys are pretty happy in life ??? If your not happy then i hope you can take steps to get to a better place in life.
    honestly had to hear the bitching an politcal BS in my every day off line life I would sell all my guns an never shoot again it would not be worth it . I only have one life an Ill be damned if i'm going to bitch about an listen to others bitch about everything for the rest of it .

I have for some time nothing but depressing thoughts when I come to Gunco . I used to not be able to wait to get home an turn the computer on an see what cool idea an project some member was workingan get inspired to build something to show myself. unfortunately lately the only posts are about the world sucking an every one is against me an us an I need to build a bunker go into it an wait to die . I personaly dont want to live thats why I suspect others felt he same an left .

I sure the hell dont need to be associated to a site that hates cops an even goes as far to suggest they need to die. I am a responsible gun owner who hopes to never have to aim a gun at some one . Yea Im prepared but my whole life is not about guns an needing them to defend myself. I honestly have been embarrassed to tell friends i have over 13,000 post here with the way things have gotten . I used to be proud of the work I had posted about.

the site is down to about 8 regulars who post much how long before the site goes extinct is up to everyone here how is still coming back from time to time an hoping things have got better that orgunco will become something that not about building guns.

The motto on my T shirt says "its only parts with out Gunco" .id love to know what the motto should be know . We will bitch to feel better about our selves ? We bitch because we don't build? tin foil its not for leftovers anymore.

I started a thread a few years ago on how to make the world better Id love to see some real thought put into it any one can bitch about things it takes smarts an balls to come up with actual solutions .We all want politicians who do the rigtht hing but no oen here ever has a answer as to how to F^%kig do it . its easy to let others try to have a plan an then sit back an pick it apart .

Obama will be gone soon an hopefully we will get a president who believes in the constitution .better to focus on how were going to get more votes for that candidate than sit an bitch non stop about stuff out of our control .

Im going to do as Sprat has said hes going to do an get a build posted or at least something gun related. hopefully a few others will also otherwise ill likely just stay in the shadows if things don't get better .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.