Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 00redZX-6R

Thread: Remember the single mom that got busted for carrying in New Jersey?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Remember the single mom that got busted for carrying in New Jersey?

There is a go get funding campaign for her legal defence. If you would like to help out you can donate here:Shaneen Allen Legal Defense Fund

If you are not familiar with the story,

Despite the fact that Shaneen Allen possesses a License to Carry Firearms issued by the City of Philadelphia…

Despite the fact that Allen has been trained in firearm safety and passed an NRA handgun safety course…

Despite the fact that Allen voluntarily presented her carry license to the police in conjunction with a routine traffic stop, as per her training…

New Jersey is doing its best to turn Shaneen Allen into a convicted felon facing a State Prison term of a minimum-mandatory 3-5 years with no chance of parole.

What heinous offense did Shaneen Allen — a hard-working single mother of two, with no prior criminal record — do to deserve such a fate? Last October, she travelled with her Pennsylvania licensed handgun loaded with lawfully purchased, low penetration self defense ammunition, into New Jersey.
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

Feedback Score

She broke the law, a stupid law, but the law none the less. If it was me, noone would be coming to help my defense as I am just a white guy. She really should have known better.
    TRX likes this.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Yea its a tough break but she broke the law.id be in hthe same situation If I were to drive 70miles south into illinois an ignore there gun laws.

Despite the fact that Allen voluntarily presented her carry license to the police in conjunction with a routine traffic stop, as per her training…
    If you are a gun owner any your traveling to another state you better know the laws . I dont know what requirement were required to get a permit but she should have taken time to learn the laws. seems that her training was very lacking in were your license is good or she did not pay attention .

a hard-working single mother of two, with no prior criminal record
    So she should get special treatment ? so a lazy single man with no convictions an a few kids should be convicted but not her? how is her being a woman with a job make her less deserving of leniency?

Id be more interested in donating to a fund to change to change the law were the real problem lies tobe honest . I do wish her luck in court .

I hate to sound like a hard ass but why is she special vs anyone else who ignores or fails to learn the law? licensed concealed carry owners should be even more aware of the law IMO .

Im not saying any part of the law is fair but here are lots of laws I dont like I have to obey

what does low penetration ammo have to do with any part of this?

If she actually took a class I have no doubt that some were in it receptory states an hers was discussed. or at least the fact her license was not good every were.

I feel bad for here but I dont feel she made good choices also. I hate being a jerk about this .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Philadelphia mother whose legal gun got her arrested in NJ hopes for leniency | Fox News

Her words below . NO MENTION OF THE TRAINING COURSE SHE SUPPOSEDLY TOOK . LEARN THE LAWS FIRST THEN BUY A GUN THEN LEARN TO SHOOT THE GUN NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. SHE HAS DISPLAYED ZERO OF THE TRAITES A RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNER SHOULD. SO WHN SHE SHOOTS SOME AN HAS NO IDEA IF SHE WAS LEGALY ABLE TO IS THAT EXCUSABLE ALSO ? yOU GOT A GUN BUT NO IDEA HOW TO USE IT AN NO CLUE WHAT HE LAWS ARE PERTAINING TO CONCEALED CARRY AN LIKEY ITS USE IN A DEFENSIVE SITUATION. HONESTLY SHES A RESPONSIBLE GUNOWNERS WORST NIGTH MARE imo .

IF I were to saY sorry I only had my car a week I never got around to learning laws so dont fine me for driving through a stop sign at 100MPH because I never bothered to study the laws WOULD THAT FLY ? .

I could bUy I screwed up an forgot my gun was in the car . I cant buy into I got a permit an took a course an bought a gun but never had time to learn the law ???

she had hollow points how are those some low penetration round ?

I wish I was more aware of the law,” she said. “And to anyone out there looking to purchase a firearm, know the law. I didn’t even get the chance to understand the laws. I only had it [the gun] a week.”

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yep her ignorance isn't an excuse.
    Hell I don't think any of the neighboring states recognize a PA ccp.

And with the hollow points thing, I think they are banned in NJ, I could be wrong though.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Just ban New Jersey. Most are aware if you have out of state plates from a gun friendly state that NJ gestapo will find any excuse to stop your vehicle. Avoid NJ or don't carry.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Hell I don't think any of the neighboring states recognize a PA ccp.
    West Virginia does but thats it

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What I find interesting is how "single mom" has somehow become a sign of status and privilege, at least judging by how often people wave it around like a "get out of jail free" card.

I would agree that stoning and ostracism are outdated in modern society, but "breeding your way onto the gravy train" isn't a good thing either.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

West Virginia does but thats it
    Thanks
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.