Gunco Forums banner

Iraq Legacy

755 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  1biggun 
#1 ·
Bush's Iraq legacy opposed to Barky's:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Bob - you're full of it. Please tell me how this cartoon is anti-government. Also please enlighten all of us about how this is anything about Obama supporting isis.

#4 ·
ALL I can say is everything we accomplished over there is now being undone I was there in 2004-05 and it saddens me that my year there and the work we did will be undone by a bunch of thugs that don't deserve another day of breathing.

#5 ·
So a pillar with obama written on it with a guy dressed up like a Isis solder holding a flag clearly marked ISIS is not meant to be a shot at Obamas legacy ? Uh ok sure

How do you call the written comparison In the tread not a slam??

What ever discuss cartoons dont really care.
nothing making the current goverment look bad here all is well

#6 ·
It was showing in a political satire way the difference between what has happened in Iraq in regards to two administrations. Saddam was captured and removed from power in Iraq in 2003 (when Bush was president). Obviously in 2015, isis is gaining control in Iraq (during our current presidents administration). So is it wrong in the cartoon to be depicted in the way that it was? It never said that Obama was supporting isis - that was an assumption on your part. In your first post in this thread you said "Oh great a cartoon about obama supporting ISSIS in the general discussion area. Nothing anti goverment there. " So again, how does this cartoon show Obama supporting isis? I'll give a hint, it doesn't.

So again, please tell me how this cartoon is anti-government. Also please enlighten all of us about how this is anything about Obama supporting isis.

#8 ·
So how do you describe the other one with Bush clearly written on it? Either way, neither frame of the cartoon is anti-gov nor does the frame on the right say Obama is supporting isis. It says _____ (insert presidents name) legacy, not ______ supports _______ .

#9 ·
LOL.
well I see a pillar repersenting bush knocking sadam down an not supporting him.

Next your going to tell me donkeys an elephant's are not about rep an dems.

I see it a shot at obama how can you not .
Sure I agree with it an it may become his legacy.

Not worth arguing an the conversation made me smile.

#10 ·
It isn't a shot at obama, but no matter how much I type out will change your mind on that. Also it definitely isn't anti-gov like you mentioned earlier. :)

#11 ·
Well it certainly cant show the president in any way shape or form in a positive light unless you pro Isis. Even if you use the description you see. Call it a failure at mideast deplomacy or call him a isis supporter it sure is not a posative picture.

If were going to discuss obamas an bushes legacy I think both will be remembered for different stuff than what the stupid cartoon suggests.

#12 ·
And both administrations had their faults. But that still doesn't make the cartoon anti-gov as you suggested.

Also it doesn't show Obama as pro-isis - and I know for a fact that I'm not pro-isis.

At this point it is easier to see that you and I won't change the others perspectives on this cartoon. :)

Reactions: dutigaf
#13 ·
At this point it is easier to see that you and I won't change the others perspectives on this cartoon. [/QUOTE

It discussed an not argued here an its all cool as far as Im concerned . sure I see the pillars as symbols for the presidents or if you like even there legacy's but I still see a Obama pillar supporting or if you don't like supporting then enabling ISIS .

What the OP wrote about the cartoon is irrelevant its what is derived from the image .

No matter how either one of us view it its not flattering to the current government in charge a pro Isis or some thing like that . Is it true? very possible but again Id rather have seen something else I guess is all Im saying . I don't like Obama any more than any one else here but my gripe is if there is to much of this here then we all look like a bunch of nuts with guns . Ignoring it by myself doesnt not keep others from seeing it an making opinions of Gunco .

the truth is sure the legacy the president is leaving is like a very valid conversion topic . If we left out all the slurs an crap it would be a good topic .

But if the post starts with Barky is the Conman in chief an his African ass is not even legal to be president an BLa bla then there is nothing intelligent said . I have been as guilty as others I just decided not to do it any more if I can help it .

My two cents is Obama will be know for the president who got blacks to vote as well as other nich groups his main goal was to redistribute wealth an to give to those who cant or wont work . Bushes inaction an crap is what got the county to vote for some one as far from him as possible a that was Obama .
I can say all this with out being nasty . When guys come across as snarling nut bags then I envision black SUVs circling the block an all my phone an internet record being checked to see how I know these guys . ( see I do read Black Blades threads an take some of his stuff seriously :)

Look at the Boston Bombing guy every thing he ever did was checked an rechecked be glad he was not gun builder on this site or any gun site . every one of us would have been doing a interview to see if we helped him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.