Gunco Forums banner

Happy dance day

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  nutznboltz 
#1 ·
Picked up the truck before eight a.m..Water pump,timing cover gasket set,coolant hose. Clamps,coolant,lube,oil change and filter under 570.00. Go to wally world and stop by sporting goods.22lr@17.42 a box of 325. All accidental. A glass triangular frame for 16 bucks US made, last one on the shelf for my dad's flag.It got better but I be done wore out.

#3 ·
I only asked for two out of three boxes max. After the guy said he wouldn't hold em while I walked three aisles over to shop I walked two aisles and said screw this give me three boxes. I try to be nice. So I got three instead. And then my wife went to lunch. Two more of 325rd count and one 500 rd box the lady had stashed under the counter. I was willing to be happy with two. Now we have five 325rd boxes and a 500 rd box I can't wait to see.20 something for the 500rds. When I got that dpms rifle awhile back for 475bucks a guy was paying 38 bucks on sale for same stuff I got today. At least what my wife got will go to the kids and grandkids so it ain't all bad. I originally just wanted two to let some Joe a shot at some shooting ammo with his kid. Got some 45acp coming home anyway. All because I went to get my truck before 8a.m.and wally world is across the road. What a day!

#4 ·
Nice score!
Let me tell you my about my good luck. A friend asked if I would steer him in the right direction on an AR15 assembly he wanted to do, which parts to get, etc. And give him pointers and coach him thru the assembly, letting him use my tools. Not a problem, glad to help. He ordered and paid for a 16" stainless fluted bbl. They sent him 3 by mistake! He called them and pointed out their mistake but they told him no, we only sent one. What else can you do? So yesterday he up and gives me one of the extra bbl.'s for my trouble!
That's about as good as my luck gets. I'm never the one who gets the extra stuff by mistake. They usually short me!

#5 ·
Dew :thumbup1: That was good luck on your part! I don't throw the word out very often but good karma visits those that give without asking for anything in return. Sounds like we both got ours brother.

#9 ·
Just walked in after getting my truck out of the shop.:dunno: My wife getting the Winchester 555rd pack at 27dollars something. I just walked by like i've been doing for years while the guy was unloading the cartons and asked. Didn't expect a yes. Normal prices that lasted thru lunch. Getting that USA made frame for my dad's flag for 16 bucks is why I went. So I ended up with 5 boxes of 325,a box of 555 Winchester and a frame for my daddy's flag. And the truck is fixed.:thumbup1:

#10 ·
At the end of it I believe I got the true msrp. Mistake? Do I care I actually got the fair market price for something I had been treating like a joke? Just once today karma was on my side. Tomorrow I might trip over a gravel and blow out another rotator cuff. They charged msrp. Cool.

#12 ·
I believe he is selling it to a co-worker. Man I tell you what, that boy has always been able to fall into a pile of manure and come up smelling like a rose. Doesn't matter what poor decision he makes, it always works out on the plus side for him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.