View Poll Results: to stock up or to wait out, which will you choose?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, i am stocking up for if the shtf

115 76.16%
  • no, i am attempting to wait it out

10 6.62%
  • i am sitting in my bunker ready for TEOTWAWKI

14 9.27%
  • other (please explain)

12 7.95%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: to stock up or to wait out, which have you chosen?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    It's past June, into July, almost August. Wolf is running $180/1000.

Still a lot more than I used to pay, but nowhere near the $300/1000 in June predicted early in this thread.

Nothing wrong in building a self-sufficient cushion but the end's not here yet. No runs on food, ammo's plentiful (if a bit expensive).

And that $16 brick of .22 at wallyworld? Goes bang each and every time in my 10/22, the lever Henry and my Cugir. No problem with primers, accuracy is fine for the rabbits and gophers. The overall best loads for SHTF, IMHO, are 12 gauge loads of various types and a few thousand .22.
    Yes, .22 is good for small game, 12 gauge or birds/self defense. Large game is only good if you have a way to cure it or a large group to share it with.
    No the end is not here yet! But we don't know when it will. Some things you just can't stock up on-like fresh milk. Keeping the right mindset that you can/will adapt will help a lot. Look at the amish, they live without modern comforts such as electric.
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I did a lot of my growing up in rural South Dakota, before the REC electrified the farms. Life on a farm without electricity is life similar to the Amish. We used gasoline implements, not horses though.

Electricity is rather easy to do without, if you don't require electric appliances. Propane burns without it, we also had propane-powered refrigeration. Lamps and candles provide light without electricity, the biggest benefit of electricity to everyday life is refrigeration for food preservation.

We did live off of home and commercial canning more so than today, and ice cream was a sometimes treat. With planning, iceboxes and lake ice can last a good while into the summer, and cool well water provides some of the amenities that hot and cold give to foods.

I don't watch TV (but do enjoy movies) and radio is a sometimes thing. Without electricity I'd have to give up the internet, but it wouldn't take long to "forget" it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

AMMO producers and vendors got on the ball. But, it is being bought up. Supply in reserve was found and put out onto the market table. This smoothed the supply VS demand envelope temporarily. WOLF did keep their prices lower still ALL ELSE went up.

AMMOMAN who is the lowest vendor right now is fixing to go way up. Wideners has already started to raise XM193 price.

Nobody here said the END was going to be here about now. Just the price of ammo would be really higher. And, it just about is.
    Last edited by MUSIBIKE; 07-20-2008 at 07:16 PM.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Due to physical limitations, I am stocking up. I will have to stay put. I do not let anyone around me know what I have or don't have. If it should come to a SHTF situation and the zombies find me out, I will defend my location to my best abilities. If the zombies start to over run me and I have a chance, I will also destroy what ever supplies I have left. Sorry, but I am selfish.
    I know nothing...........nothing !

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

It really looked worse two months back when it did begin to slide. We learn to cope with things. MR and MRS YUPPIE still fill their SUV loaded with kiddos and the crapped up diapers @ $180.00/tank. Air conditioner running, Flat screen TV and kiddy video games all being run off of the vehicle alternator.

One fine day when you least expect it.

OBUNGA will step up to the plate and save us all, temporarily. McCain aint going to make it folks. The people with hands out will see to that during this election!

Feedback Score

What a nightmare this is all gonna be....
    If your in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
    -someone importanat

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Exclamation HUMMMM

One fine day, AMMO will no longer be getable.

Hell, your wife will pull out a gun and drop an intruder in your face before you know something is wrong.

A S&W 9mm pistol she knows very well!

It is the American way bros!

124 GR hollow points.

She did better than I did over on the CHL exam!

Better not piss a woman off who has a well stocked AR15 in a hiding place!

GOD I love a woman like this!!!!

Her AK is all set up with a stuffed 75 RND ROMY mag.

It don't get any better than this!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MUSIBIKE; 07-20-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Feedback Score

OIC... This must be the impending zombie apocalypse that I heard about on YouTube. Just remember to aim for their heads, the only way to kill a zombie is to destroy their brain or decapitate them.

About 11 years ago there was a lot of talk about this sort of thing happening. I went to a Mormon food center and put bulk food in #10 cans and stored it in a cool dry place. I got a plastic 55 gallon barrel and filled it with water, bought an expensive Katadyn water filter, a gas mask and all sorts of other things.

Recently I bought some rifles I wanted and some ammo because I just like those things and I wanted to get some before they became unavailable or too expensive. I still have a 55 gallon barrel of water and some really old bulk food in number #10 cans but I am really not that worried (except one of my neighbors knows about my rifles), but... I am really not worried about any "S" hitting any fan. I don't think that is going to happen. I just want to live the best life I can and have some fun.

Don't forget to stock up on chocolate.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well, according to the poll, popular opinion is that buying ammo now is the most prudent answer and I completely agree, This is not an issue of "the sky is falling" and I try to keep myself out of that midset because it's everywhere nowadays. I also stay away from the whole "..no more ammo anywhere, ever again.." argument, but agree with the basis of this. ASSUME that ammo will not be readily available in the future.
    SO, with a volitile economy here at home and an even worse global climate, it SEEMS reasonable to me to buy NOW and buy a bit more than you may need or want. I suppose that if there was ever a time to buy, now would be it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

We all just bounce ideas around to see who else has something else up their sleeve.

It is just common sense to buy up now rather than later if you can.

You see on CNN just about every day some kind of bombing or terror attack elsewhere in the world. The next time it happens here will strain society worse than the twin towers incident did.

It is comforting to know, a lot of us will be prepared to handle it and stand for our country. It also don't hurt to be in a good position to survive well. So, a lot of us are consoling ourselves in advance for what is to come.

MUSIBIKE

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.