Gunco Forums banner

to stock up or to wait out, which will you choose?

to stock up or to wait out, which have you chosen?

13K views 148 replies 49 participants last post by  Dirty Harry 
#1 ·
with the current hole our country has fallen into, and the seemingly endless rise in cost of firearms, ammunition, govt. surplus, and imported goods, are you stocking up, or trying to wait it out. The Mayan and Chinese calenders spread the prophecy that 2012 is the "end of days", and with the current situation the planet is in, will you be ready if the SHTF?

#4 ·
100 HAVE NOTS for every HAVE

EXACTLY CORRECT!!!!

No way in Hell you will pay less later.

AMMO IS GOING TO GO UP 50% next MONTH.

A 1000 rnd case of Wolf 9mm will run ya $300.00 shipped. See it about the middle of June.

IRAN pretty much told us to piss off about nuke issues. Think about all of that really modern RUSSIAN armament they have. We show off all of our new stuff on the Military Channel for everyone to see. But, the real bad ass fighter waits quiet in his own corner. He don't have to wave a flag.

But, the real enemy you and I will have to take out already lives here with us. As soon as food and drink is depleated, a massive raid will begin on every house everywhere. Bad part of being in a big city. You will need several thousand rounds just to keep that huge mass back from your door.

Police officers will be at home defending there HOOD like you will be doing. The expended military might be trying to set up a front line who knows where. Kind of like that movie, "RED DAWN". They won't need to use nukes. Too much goodies to take and have their way with.

There will be a few who have. But, there will be 100 have nots for every one who has. And, they will want yours.

#3 ·
Ammo prices do not go down. Buy it now, as a year from now it might be 30% higher.

If your under 40, as your folks about inflation in the 70's where the average house in the US cost 15k.

#7 ·
Stocking up on .22 mag ammo. My biggest worry will be beer. I could probably live on beer and rice for a year or so. I'll eat some cabbage palms from the swamps down here so I have some veggies.
This small town down here will go bonko if we don't get beer shipments.
I usually drink about a 6 pack a night. But if the country goes looney and we can't get our beer shipments down here. I see trouble. Big trouble.
I don't know. I don't really like violence. But if beer shipments get cut off or they start rationing it. I really think I could become a looter.

#27 ·
Stocking up on .22 mag ammo. My biggest worry will be beer. I could probably live on beer and rice for a year or so. I'll eat some cabbage palms from the swamps down here so I have some veggies.
This small town down here will go bonko if we don't get beer shipments.
I usually drink about a 6 pack a night. But if the country goes looney and we can't get our beer shipments down here. I see trouble. Big trouble.
I don't know. I don't really like violence. But if beer shipments get cut off or they start rationing it. I really think I could become a looter.

Ever tried home brewing it will get you by in a pinch.
And if you get good, some of it has one hell of a kick.
Here is a tutorial if you want to check it out.

Basic Home Brewing Tutorials

If you do a search for home brewing you will find a lot more.

#13 · (Edited)
I need to go through the generator tomorrow and check it out. Think I will put it outside on a stand. Where it is now requires raising the garage door to operate it. But, for extended run times, it needs to be outside.

The solar panel array is good to go. Lot's of 12V power free from the sun. All of the 12V radios, lights, TV and, fans are A OK.

There is way more ammo than I could ever carry out of here. So, I ordered a few spare parts for the AR15, 9mm weapons this morning. Firing pins, springs, other internals sets.

On the South coast, we will be the front line. Like in WWII when the U-boats hung around down here, they are picking up Heat plumes from undesignated coordinates off shore every so often. If you have a programmable receiver that can tune in the 800MHZ band you can hear a lot of weird military exercise activity.

Guy down the street is a Seal. He don't tell me a lot of things or he would have to kill me.

#15 ·
BEER is a very efficient way to store nutritional stock for hard times. There is enough food value in beer and it also serves as mental state reconciler. If you take one hit in a non vital area and are wounded, BEER serves as medical treatment for pain and promotes healing.

You would not shake while you are trying to place a good shot.

The only problem I see is trying to discard what is used while you are in concealment. But, you can't have eveything?

MUSIBIKE

#16 ·
BEER is a very efficient way to store nutritional stock for hard times. There is enough food value in beer and it also serves as mental state reconciler. If you take one hit in a non vital area and are wounded, BEER serves as medical treatment for pain and promotes healing.

You would not shake while you are trying to place a good shot.

The only problem I see is trying to discard what is used while you are in concealment. But, you can't have eveything?

MUSIBIKE
Well hell, were going to need truck mounted kegs so we just refill our canteens. No trash/backtrail at all. If that doesn't work out, we'll have to come up with another idea. If we're going to have an apocalypse, we're going to need beer.:rofl:

#17 ·
SHIF ( OH SHIT I FORGOT!)

I need to order some more 9mm tomorrow morning! It will go up in a couple of weeks or so.

Like people say here. BEER is a most elemental staple of survival.

CHEERS!!!

Man, I hope I bought up enough for the long run.

God save me if I did not?

Why he would even bother is beyond me.

MUSIBIKE

G
#18 ·
I make my own weapons and beer

plenty of roo's and goaties to hunt for a hill billy ( bushy) like me

but the anti gun laws here are terrible

16 year old traded a old air rifle he found for a BMX bike

5 years minimum adult jail ( firearms offences)

cops at your door 5 minutes after you go to work.. if you wife gives em the keys to the gun safe your busted.. no-one else can have access..

I have them here at least once a month.. they just arrive , no warning.. i dont worry but they "snoop" ya know??

gun control sucks

cheers

jack

#22 ·
All we can do is make the best of it all folks. It is real good to talk with all of you and share ideas about the unbelievable. Who would have believed the gas prices and what the terrorist are doing in the world today back in 1985. During that oil crunch.

Nobody around here heard of someone saying that killing people would be rewarded with 70 virgins back then. Jihad and all of that HATE energy growing with Islamic power and government control. Harris County, Texas is for the most part now a Police State. But, if it were not, this atmosphere would be similar to Chicago. Urban gangs and real armed warfare.

On the police scanner here you can listen to eruptions of small scale militant action between families and groups of individuals. The police are still in good shape to contain these clashes. You never heard these on the scanner several years ago. A drive by is pretty typical now.

It cost something to maintain a well armed Police force to contain all of this crap. I got to see some of the hardware over at the city of Bellaire PD. They now have patrol long guns which have full automatic capability. What you need if some NUT gets loose around here with an AK and some drum mags.

MUSIBIKE

#24 ·
Police are set to go big time here. For whatever arises.

However, they are taking more taxes and fees for all that is as well to pay for all of this.

A WELL FORTIFIED and finacially covered system here.

The price for safety if you will.

I broke down and picked up my last buy up of some extra cases of ammo this afternoon. Free shipping and NO sales tax made it a bit easier to do. There is still some Wolf out there. Everything else is almost $300.00/case now if it is shipping included.

MUSIBIKE

#29 ·
I too am stocking up now. Found out yesterday that my best friend (who also happens to be my next door neighbor) is also stocking up HEAVILY for when it all goes down...needless to say, he's the first person I'm takin' out!!!
--gman

#30 ·
Be careful there bro.

That neighbor could already have you sighted in?

But, as soon as the local police forces bail out, it will be more or less a free for all.

What is left of the military will be well occupied elsewhere.

And, you will be on your own.

#31 ·
Be careful there bro.

That neighbor could already have you sighted in?

But, as soon as the local police forces bail out, it will be more or less a free for all.

What is left of the military will be well occupied elsewhere.

And, you will be on your own.
Great point musibike. Never thought of the possibility that I could already be in his crosshairs! Now you have me thinking...

#32 ·
LOOSE LIPS SINK BIG SHIPS

Best thing to NOT do in your local neighborhood is to disclose what you may have. Hungry parents with starving kids are the most likely ones to come knocking on your door for resourses. If they have the means to TAKE it from you, they most certainly will. A lot of them believe the world owes their kids everything they can take. So watch out for those.

Lots of people living out of their means. Bank owns it all. They live in a HUGE house and drive a couple of LEXUS vehicles. They SNOOT you when you drive down the street in a Toyota! The one behind me on the next street just lost it all to the bank under foreclosure. These are the HUNGRY ones that will come in packs looking for your kindness asking you to share yours with them.

Someone will have to stand watch 24/7.

It stings a bit now but, better stock up.

Plus, zip your lip.

#33 ·
Best thing to NOT do in your local neighborhood is to disclose what you may have. Hungry parents with starving kids are the most likely ones to come knocking on your door for resourses. If they have the means to TAKE it from you, they most certainly will. A lot of them believe the world owes their kids everything they can take. So watch out for those.

Lots of people living out of their means. Bank owns it all. They live in a HUGE house and drive a couple of LEXUS vehicles. They SNOOT you when you drive down the street in a Toyota! The one behind me on the next street just lost it all to the bank under foreclosure. These are the HUNGRY ones that will come in packs looking for your kindness asking you to share yours with them.

Someone will have to stand watch 24/7.

It stings a bit now but, better stock up.

Plus, zip your lip.
Wise words to live by.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.