View Poll Results: to stock up or to wait out, which will you choose?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, i am stocking up for if the shtf

115 76.16%
  • no, i am attempting to wait it out

10 6.62%
  • i am sitting in my bunker ready for TEOTWAWKI

14 9.27%
  • other (please explain)

12 7.95%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: to stock up or to wait out, which have you chosen?

Yo, what up my Ninja! gmanindahood's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    Be careful there bro.

That neighbor could already have you sighted in?

But, as soon as the local police forces bail out, it will be more or less a free for all.

What is left of the military will be well occupied elsewhere.

And, you will be on your own.
    Great point musibike. Never thought of the possibility that I could already be in his crosshairs! Now you have me thinking...
    It takes a nation of millions to hold us all back!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Arrow LOOSE LIPS SINK BIG SHIPS

Best thing to NOT do in your local neighborhood is to disclose what you may have. Hungry parents with starving kids are the most likely ones to come knocking on your door for resourses. If they have the means to TAKE it from you, they most certainly will. A lot of them believe the world owes their kids everything they can take. So watch out for those.

Lots of people living out of their means. Bank owns it all. They live in a HUGE house and drive a couple of LEXUS vehicles. They SNOOT you when you drive down the street in a Toyota! The one behind me on the next street just lost it all to the bank under foreclosure. These are the HUNGRY ones that will come in packs looking for your kindness asking you to share yours with them.

Someone will have to stand watch 24/7.

It stings a bit now but, better stock up.

Plus, zip your lip.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    Best thing to NOT do in your local neighborhood is to disclose what you may have. Hungry parents with starving kids are the most likely ones to come knocking on your door for resourses. If they have the means to TAKE it from you, they most certainly will. A lot of them believe the world owes their kids everything they can take. So watch out for those.

Lots of people living out of their means. Bank owns it all. They live in a HUGE house and drive a couple of LEXUS vehicles. They SNOOT you when you drive down the street in a Toyota! The one behind me on the next street just lost it all to the bank under foreclosure. These are the HUNGRY ones that will come in packs looking for your kindness asking you to share yours with them.

Someone will have to stand watch 24/7.

It stings a bit now but, better stock up.

Plus, zip your lip.
    Wise words to live by.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Exclamation ENERGY :::::::::::: MATTER ????

Quote Originally Posted by jack404 View Post
    G'day folks

I'm in Australia where ITS TOO LATE.

try stocking up now..

DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU

Act NOW!
    Enough of you smart fellows can muster up enough to make a stand. ALL of that vast land and resources there would permit a really grand realignment. Like the American mainland, you may have a lot of KIDS factory type individuals who just want a safe and preserved place with TAXES assessed to cover it all.

Enough time has elapsted now with this mindset here in the USA now. Pay enough money and you will be safe and free to be a wastefull slop with a mass of screaming babies. All you want as long as you can continue to pay.

But eventually, come a time when a greedy force like the NAZI party or something like that figures it is a HELL of a joke. This cat pulls the op-rod which sends THOUSANDS of these IGNORANT BASTARDS to the GAS chaimbers or something similar. Whatever is easy to Engineer up quickly.

History will repeat itself, SELF ASSURED!!!

The next inferior races will be vaporized by a new DEATH RAY or, even maybe a regenerative self exciting OSCILLATOR. The old Equations of E=MC^2 are long sense drummed out.

MAXWELL formulated a HELL of a lot of Destructive equations to control energy and matter in multiple dimensions. But, he will never Know that he spawned such HELLIOUS rules for energy transport and deformation of matter.

However, it is being developed NOW!!!

Matter

Then, Energy!!!

At least you won't feel it very long.

MUSIBIKE

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AKarl_12 View Post
    Ever tried home brewing it will get you by in a pinch.
    And if you get good, some of it has one hell of a kick.
    Here is a tutorial if you want to check it out.

Basic Home Brewing Tutorials

If you do a search for home brewing you will find a lot more.
    Back in high school and college I worked at a good berry farm. We sold a ton or so of blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries to Oliver Winery. They gave us some wine and helped us make our own. That strawberry wine was mighty fine!
    Want to buy: Tantal Left and Right side selector parts.

RRORC!
    I'm no sheep!

Feedback Score

Take a real look at what's being said by the 3 nut cases vying for pres. Open borders, sin tax's - thats includes beer, gun's, the right type's of foods. The ACLU closing religious schools. No domestic drilling for OIL - no new refineries on U.S. soil. Mandates to use ethenol in gas to keep all food prices high. Remembor Corn go's into just about everything we eat. The devaluation of the dollar 18% since the start of the year - that means your 401 K has lost $18.00 per hundred saved in (Buying power) or stocks or CD's . Yes stock up now. Buy a couple of 18 mile walkie-talkies, have 20 Gal. of gas stored away & rotate every 6 months, and don't keep all your eggs in one basket! We will have a new big brother soon enought. Unfortunately were all on this hell bound train.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The price of ammo (in Federal Reserve notes) will only continue to rise. The problem is printing too many fiat dollars causing the dollar to lose its value and inflating our currency. It now takes more dollars to buy anything. The cost of goods when priced in real money (i.e. gold/silver) has not increased, but the value of the dollar has decreased significantly.
    Government figures on inflation are skewed because they do not take into consideration the cost of food, fuel, and many other staples of modern life. In reality inflation has been at least 15-percent per year for the past several years. For the first time since 1929 Americans are showing a negative savings; that is a majority of the people are spending more than they make and having to continuously borrow to maintain their accustomed lifestyle. Many are borrowing to buy commodities (I.e. ammo) as a hedge against inflation. A 700rd spam can of Uly was $69 and 1K rds of Wolf was $92 just 5 years ago. Both have doubled in price and would have been a very good investment with a return on your money of 20-percent per year.
    In order for Americans to borrow more, more dollars have to be printed and put into circulation. More dollars in circulation cheapens existing dollars and causes more inflation which increases prices further due to the inflation and weakened dollar. It's a vicious cycle that cannot continue forever. When consumers stop buying (because wages are not keeping up with prices) we will see a depression that could make 1929 look like a cake-walk.
    The founders of this great nation warned us about emitting bills of credit (i.e. Federal Reserve Notes) and about the pitfalls of a fiat currency (paper money) (ref: US Constitution Art I, Sec 10).
    "If a nation expects to remain ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

In bad times, you must have a corp group of people with diffrent skills! You can't stay awake for unending days. Gotta have some people you can count on. Decide where the #1 safe place is, #2 etc..., Commications will be important, Gas mask for CS gas if you live in a city, Riots agents etc..., A bugout plan, and don't keep all your eggs in one basket. Better to have ammo in times of no money than money in times of no ammo.

Feedback Score

Ammo. What you have will be all you get. In times of trouble the cops shut down the gun shops. Had that happen during a riot situation. Also was in S FL when Andrew hit. The outlying areas of Miami were cut off by debri across the roads. Water had to be flown in. Big problems with looters. The people who were unarmed went into town and were advised theres a waiting period to buy guns.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The cops will shut down the gun stores and take what is there for themselves! I hope they don't have the time to go out and pick up weapons from citizens! So, have you a good stash place for some of your stuff. they may take off with most of it but, you will still have something to use.

It is spooky to see it looking the way it is now. I am not just that old Paranoid worry wart collecting guns, food and, survival items anymore. Often I get asked for advise on what to accumulate for survival.

Like Ironhead said above, You will have what you have when the SHTF. That includes ammo, food, water,.......

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.