to stock up or to wait out, which have you chosen? - Page 6

View Poll Results: to stock up or to wait out, which will you choose?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, i am stocking up for if the shtf

115 76.16%
  • no, i am attempting to wait it out

10 6.62%
  • i am sitting in my bunker ready for TEOTWAWKI

14 9.27%
  • other (please explain)

12 7.95%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: to stock up or to wait out, which have you chosen?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Yeap, the PARANOID family down the street will be the most hated when everything runs out and the rest are going hungry!

Solar panels will be what makes the difference. Your gas powered generator may last a couple of days till you eat up what is in the fridge. Time to get one more panel on order.

12V fans will help you out in the Summer! At least a cool breeze will sooth your mind some.

Get at least a couple of 30 Amp Hour batteries for the backup system. I have four. Having some power for radios and lights can mean all difference.

Canned whatever is the KING!!!! And, some way to open it up. Some clean pans and cooking pots are important.

I have been avoiding burning off last years older fire wood. I usually cut tress and stock up new wood from that every year. So, I burn off the previous year's older wood and drink heavily in the back yard. Keeping is old wood on reserve till the new stuff dries out this year.

Water!!!! I don't need to go into this one.

Wiskey and BEER!!!! Yeap, not that one either.

And, plenty of ammo!!!!!!!!!

When the smell of cooking food propagates forth from your area, ALL KINDS OF ANIMALS will come looking for where it is!!!!!

That will be the time when it is especially not going to be any fun!!!!!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

If you really believe that the SHTF soon, learn how to hike. How to really hike. 60-80 pounds on your back a minimum of 20 miles per day.

For if the SHTF you may find you need to move away from "animals" and other perceived threats. A hungry mob of several hundred, being told you have a horde of food, will gladly sacrifice the few so that the many will overrun your position of strength and supply.

And the first thing to go will be transportation.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

This is all true. I imagine that, in the first 45-60 days following the initial SHTF, the crime and violence will be at the worst. All foodstuffs will have been consumed in most peoples homes, looting will take on a more violent form and everyone will be doing it.

A simple plan is to go through all of the perishables at a conservative rate, then rely on outside food(animals, etc) ONLY then would we delve into the reserves.

In addition to ammo, we also keep alot of salt around in order to cure meats and dry them. and lots of water pur tablets.

Snyhow, you cannot go wrong when stocking up on ammo. Heck, at the rate the libs are going, ammo makers may be run out of the country in the next few years?

blu
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by XSapper View Post
    Yea I picked up some more .22LR at wally world () today. When ammo prices go up .22 gets more popular. Plus I have 8yr old girls that need to graduate from airgun /bb gun to .22.
    same here, but a boy. his bday is the 16th, and there is a funshow that day...

hmmmm?

why can't i find a marlin or something for under a buck? have 22's gone up that much in 30 years? I had to by my own at that time. Not doing that to him.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah, the bulk .22lr ammo is expensive now that metal prices have skyrocketed.
    Used to be that you could shoot all day(box of 550 remington) for $10.00.
    Now, at the local WalMart, I see the same stuff for almost $16.00.
    This is cheap grade ammo, and should not be used to hunt with(although I do, and I pay for it each time)
    The primer content is low and inconsistent, rendering about 1 out of every 7or 9rounds a dud.
    ...good plinking stuff anyhow( I still have about 8 boxes of the stuff stockpiled-my hipocracy goes only so far)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Try the Marlin .17HM2 or HMR.
    I have the HM2 and it is GREAT!!!! Much more expensive for the ammo(about $8.00 for a box of 40)
    ultra accurate
    same low report as the .22lr
    lower recoil than a .22 lr
    almost twice the velocity of the .22lr
    better trajectory than a .22lr

I love mine and varmint with it as much as I can!!!!!!!!
    People have been billing it as the "replacement to the .22 round"

I wouldnt go that far, but it is in no danger of going out of production. You can also find a few mini or mouse guns that chamber this round(just incase you get mugged by a squirrel) LOL

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Try the Marlin .17HM2 or HMR.
    I have the HM2 and it is GREAT!!!! Much more expensive for the ammo(about $8.00 for a box of 40)
    ultra accurate
    same low report as the .22lr
    lower recoil than a .22 lr
    almost twice the velocity of the .22lr
    better trajectory than a .22lr

I love mine and varmint with it as much as I can!!!!!!!!
    People have been billing it as the "replacement to the .22 round"

I wouldnt go that far, but it is in no danger of going out of production. You can also find a few mini or mouse guns that chamber this round(just incase you get mugged by a squirrel) LOL
    I've heard good things about the .17hmr. The co. I work for gave one to the guy I worked with when he retired.
    I've got a couple .22 rifles-a bolt action .22 mossburg (the rifle I learned to shoot with) and a winchester autoloader. I've thought about .22 crickett's for the girls (with pink stocks?) But I'll probably go with 10/22's, although they would be more expensive. If I get the carbine length they should be ok with them. Good cheap shooting and good starter caliber.
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

You can't go wrong with a 10/22. What do Marlin Model 60's sell for these days? I paid less than $100 for mine (years ago) and it has always shot well and has always been 100% reliable even in extreme conditions.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I bought my marlin 60 a few years ago used for $80. I feel that between the fact that my rifle may have been used by the scouts,prior to me owning it,and haveing a billion rounds put through it and the fact that i often usd bulk ammo to plink-
    that this rifle is reliable enough for me. it has let me down a few times while hunting small game.

too many variables to be sure, I ve replaced springs and parts, changed ammo and steppeed up my cleaning protocols.
    I havee had no other experiences with other repeating .22lr rifles, though.

obiviously, a bolt would be the most accurate and reliable. my marlin .17hm2 is a bolt and it is the BEST! more expensive to shoot thought

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I picked up some RUGER MKII pistol spare parts. But, the temptation could not be resisted. It got made up into another whole gun. Picked up several of the 525 round bulk packs of .22cal several years ago for $9.00/ea. Now a 500 round brick is $24.00!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.