Gunco Forums banner

War with Iran

255K views 1K replies 157 participants last post by  MUSIBIKE 
#1 ·
What do you all think the probability is that we will have a REAL confrontation with IRAN? Would it happen this year? Will RUSSIA and the rest of the middle East join in? Will the South American countries get in on the deal?

MUSIBIKE

#548 ·
Turkish military no big deal........................ Think again

#550 ·
U.S. Intelligence on Alert for Israeli Strike on Iran

A Free Press for a Free People

The Pentagon is watching for the possibility that Israel could use the occasion of an alleged Iranian plot to kill the Saudi Arabian ambassador to the United States as a pretext for launching a long-anticipated attack on Iran's nuclear sites, according to a report from Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

The source, who is in a position to monitor Israeli defense activities, said the U.S. is watching "an indicator and warning matrix" in which the U.S. can "go so far as to plot the illumination tables to pick out what nights would be best" for such an attack.

The intelligence source said that there is "a green light" for the Israelis "to do a strike."

The source said that the concern among some U.S. analysts is that an attack could be "imminent."

For some time, Israel has sought to get the U.S. to launch an attack on Iran's nuclear-enrichment facilities sprinkled throughout the country. Until now, however, the U.S. has sought to impose more stringent sanctions against the Islamic republic, even though Tehran insists that its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes and it has a "right" under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty to engage in enrichment for its reactors.

The indicators and warning, or I&W, are being watched closely following an arrest last month and an indictment this week in a New York federal courthouse in Manhattan of an Iranian-American, Mansour Arbabsiar, allegedly for conspiring to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the U.S., Adel al-Jubier. Arbabsiar was arrested in a sting operation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The U.S. alleges that Arbabsiar, a used-car salesman living in Texas, had conspired with individuals in Iran said to be linked to Iran's Quds Force. The Quds Force is an arm of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps that undertakes foreign operations.

According to the indictment, Arbabsiar allegedly had contacted a member of a Mexican drug cartel who was an informant for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency to carry out the assassination at a Washington restaurant frequented by al-Jubier.

Arbabsiar allegedly was to funnel some $1.5 million from the Quds Force to the Mexican drug cartel contact. Prior to the arrest, two payments adding up to $100,000 allegedly were sent from Iran as a down payment, with the rest to be paid once al-Jubier was killed.

A total of $5 million potentially was to be paid out for other operations, which allegedly were to include attacks on the Israeli and Saudi embassies in Argentina following al-Jubier's assassination.

The U.S. intelligence source said while some analysts believe an Israeli attack may be imminent, close I&W monitoring of Israeli defense posture indicated that only their civil defense had been "spun up" at the moment.

"You can't launch a strike where the possibility of massive retaliation is very high and not have anything activated," he said.

"One curious thing is that we're taking a lot of imagery of the (Israeli) defense sites – more than usual," he added. "You might see one report every few weeks on something (but) there were five just today."

Even President Obama has stated that "nothing is off the table" when it comes to responding to Iran.

#552 ·
How about posting pictures of all of the maintenance crews and spare parts that it takes to keep one of those birds airborne for just one hour. When the F-14 was in our inventory, it required 14 crew hours of maintenance for every hour it flew. Those photos are akin to the ones taken of the North Korean Army marching around the square in front of Kim Jong Il. A fighting force is only as good as it can be transported and supported.

#555 ·
The middle east has been in conflict for a thousand years and I don't see any changes comming down the road any time soon, just a matter of time. Till they come out of there 14th century mode of thinking it will never change, there just using more modern "swords"now!! Sharia rule will be the down fall of that region, or at least a big part in the continued hostility's in that region. So hang on, I think there's a bumpy ride comming.

#556 ·
Absolutely. This is going to wind up with us and Israel against the whole Arab Muslim world. Anyone who thinks we as Christians and Jews can "live in "peace" with Muslims, is only kidding themselves. These people can't even get along with each other, they sure as hell won't be with Christians. Iraq and Afghanistan have been expensive wastes of time, money and lives.

#561 ·
Hello MUSIBIKE,
The Texas economy should start on the rebound with the new petroleum extraction technology said to revive old oil wells big time. It is claimed that in the next five years the US will regain its' energey independence thanks to this technology plus the Baaken oil reserves so long as we don't give away our energy wealth to the gd 3rd world.

The Italian "cold fusion" generation is looking for real and may further cut-off the islamic cash-cow-hostage that the US economy has become.

VD

#563 ·
The only thing is Israel rarely, if ever, advertises right before they whack someone. Sabre rattling for now. If it were more they would be reporting on "Shock & Awe", not talk. I do think they'll hit Iran though. With that said, by the time we hear about it, their nuclear program will be over.

#565 ·
They have to do something before they get the weapons which would make the difference.
I agree. There in lies the $64,000 question. How close are they? If you hit them too soon, everyone sitting in those overpriced chairs over at the UN will whine like stuck pigs. If you wait too long they may regret it. Personally I think they should have hit them months, if not years ago.

#566 ·
Well, they just dread what will come after. Once that starts, it don't stop!

So, they don't really want to begin!

BOOM BOOM, OUT GO THE LIGHTS!!!!!

JUST DON'T let me get stuck here in BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!

I go home tomorrow.

CHEERS!!!!!

:) :) :) :)

Time to order another WINE!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

#567 ·
#569 ·
If you have never looked at the Bible, you should. I myself am fascinated with the Bibles prophesy's and seeing how the world is changing in reguards to what was said would happen.

Modern day Gog and Magog - Israel Opinion, Ynetnews

This is taken from: Prophecy News Watch - Biblical Prophecy in the News
Now there are strong indicators in the Turkish media that Turkey is planning on literally doubling the size of its army – this coming from the nation that already has the largest army in Middle East and the second-largest army in NATO, second only to the United States. Presently, Turkey's army has over 500,000 troops. Its army is larger than France, Germany and England combined. And now Turkish media are reporting that they are planning on adding another 500,000 paid soldiers.

According to Egemen Bağış, a state minister and Turkey's chief EU negotiator, the purpose of the army is to kill two birds with one stone, overcoming two of Turkey's biggest challenges: terrorism and unemployment. This move would create half a million new jobs for Turkey while answering once and for all Turkey's problem with Kurdish separatist terrorists in the southeast.

Bağış spoke to journalists at the Turkish ambassador's office in Brussels. "The government is prepared to hire 500,000 people. ... This structural change will also contribute to our struggle with unemployment," he said.

Turkey's nation defense minister, Vedci Gonul, stated that the new army is "the future of Turkey." But he also said that the actual number of paid soldiers is yet to be determined pending a government study. According to Gonul, the creation of such a large army could take several years to complete.

A poll conducted shows that 80 percent of Turks support the idea while only 9 percent are opposed.

Despite the government's claims that the purpose of the army would be to address terrorism, skepticism concerning such a massive force is well-deserved. First of all, creating an army this size merely to address Turkey's terrorism problem, primarily from the PKK, a Kurdish separatist group in the southeast, would be like trying to kill an ant using a nuclear warhead. Secondly, such a move certainly will only reinforce the concerns of those who believe that Turkey has broad-ranging neo-Ottoman regional aspirations.

The silence of the Western media has been surprising. Imagine Israel announcing an expansion of its forces by 500,000 men to address its Palestinian terrorism problem. Yet the Western media has yet to comment regarding Turkey's grandiose plans.

Such an expansion would be particularly concerning in light of the Turkish government's recent swing toward Islamist political alliances. They have worked to significantly reinforce strategic alliances with both Iran and Syria, two of the most well-established state sponsors of terrorism globally, while significantly cooling its relationship with Israel and the United States. Despite this, the Obama administration this past January, sold the Turkish Air Force 100 F-35 Lightning II fighter jets. Turkey already manufactures it's own F-16s.

#575 ·
I check the news everyday to see if the war has started.
Not that I will enjoy it, I just know how bad this could be for all of us. But I feel that it needs to happen before it's too late.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.