Page 23 of 133 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: War with Iran

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

A wise mentor once told me that religeon is mans twisted interpretation of Gods word, and the man often twists it for personal gain or power. Page 23 owned!
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Yes SIR!!!
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report": I'll take a look at the travails of the US dollar. It used to be based directly on gold. Today, it's based on the "full faith and credit" of the United States. The problem with that is the rest of the world is losing faith in America and our credit is in the toilet. Where does that leave the dollar?

It leaves the rest of the world growing increasingly uncomfortable with the dollar. So much so that some of our longtime allies have been holding secret meetings to discuss establishing a new reserve currency for oil trading. The World Bank is already saying that the old order is gone. The United Nations wants to put the brakes on the excessive spending of the United States. Analysts say that some nations are dumping their US dollars at the rate of 30 billion per month. Once the dollar is replaced as the world's reserve currency, its value may become a day-to-day question.

Last week, I was surprised to learn that President Obama didn't win the Nobel Prize for Economics. Since he's obviously been so successful at bringing peace to the world, thus meriting the Peace Prize, I don't understand why his astoundingly profligate spending didn't garner the Economics award, too. But the Norwegians said they're giving him the Peace Prize because he shares the "values and attitudes" of "the majority of the world's population." That's a relief. I surely don't want our President thinking like an American! The main reason he got the Peace Prize though, has nothing to do with what he's done, but what he is. He's NOT George W. Bush.

We just thought the enemy was hunkered down in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, and Iran. Obviously not. The White House has now identified the real threat. It's Fox News Channel. The White House Communications Director has accused Fox News of being a part of the Republican Party. She also announced that Fox isn't nearly as reputable and objective as CNN. CNN is SO objective that it's recently taken to analyzing and 'correcting' comedy sketches on Saturday Night Live that lampoon President Obama! It's almost laughable. But the prospect of the White House using its power and resources to quash a news and opinion outlet which is protected by the Constitution (the same one that protects CNN), is no laughing matter.

Even the Federal Communications Commission is getting in on the conspiracy. In May, the acting chairman suggested that the broadcast station license term should be shortened and the renewal process given some "public interest teeth." Finding excuses to deny license renewals is precisely how Hugo Chavez seized control of the Venezuelan media in 2007.

On the day they were to begin, Israel abruptly postponed its recent joint military exercises with the United States. No one seems to know why. Whatever the reason, it indicates that things are going on behind-the-scenes in the Middle East. No surprise there, but with the stakes ratcheting higher every day, it's worth watching.

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, Inspiration, various local stations, The Hal Lindsey Report or www.hischannel.co m. Check your local listings.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey
    mail: HLMM, P.O.Box 1475, Palm Desert, CA 92261
    email: mail@hallindsey.com
    web: The Hal Lindsey Report
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report": the world's 17 largest economies held a meeting in London last week. Not coincidentally, these are the nations identified by the UN as the world's greatest producers of greenhouse gases. They were there to hold 'confidential' discussions as a precursor to the upcoming United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen in early December. It's interesting to note that the participants in the "Major Economies Forum" were asked not to discuss the proceedings publicly. I wonder what they discussed that would be so controversial?

Here's an interesting 'insider' note. Hal Lindsey Media Ministries is a longtime subscriber to Reuters World News Service. That's where we secure most of the video news footage you see on our program. It's the same service that provides footage to all of the major networks and news organizations. Reuters is headquartered in London, England. The 'confidential' Major Economies Forum to discuss climate issues of global importance was held in London and hosted by Prime Minister Gordon Brown. It was a set-up for Copenhagen, which will produce a treaty that may literally reshape world governance. Yet it did not merit even a single mention from Reuters, the world's leader in news reporting and video footage! Another case of the Mainstream Media protecting the radical agenda?

In the mid-70's, both TIME and Newsweek predicted the approach of a new Ice Age. Then the British government decided that the prospect of a dangerously warming earth would help it persuade Britons to accept nuclear power. So it began commissioning scientific organizations to find a link between fossil fuels and global warming. And they did as they were asked. Back in America, Al Gore jumped on the bandwagon and wrote his book, Earth in the Balance. He became the West's best-known proponent of man-made global warming. As Vice-President he negotiated on behalf of America the infamous Kyoto Protocol. That disastrous treaty would have clamped down on the West's economies, allowed the two biggest polluters, China and India, to continue unfettered, and required America to pay the bill. The Democrat-controlled Senate refused (95-0) to even consider its ratification.

A prominent BBC 'climate correspondent' recently published an article asking, "Whatever Happened to Global Warming?" He admitted that global temperatures have been steadily declining the last 11 years. A professor at a Washington university has published research proving that the oceans are responsible for regulating the global thermostat. He also says that the oceans have cycles in which they warm, then cool. Other scientists have established the direct influence of solar activity on the earth's climate variations. Winter has come early and fiercely to the US. In some places, summer never showed up. Yet despite the mounting evidence, man-made climate change proponents insist that global warming is causing global cooling. Can you say, "cognitive dissonance?"

Recently, a member of the British House of Lords spoke to the Minnesota Free Market Institute in St. Paul. Lord Christopher Monckton was Science Advisor to former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. He is an outspoken critic of the theory that man is causing climate change. This week, I'm going to show you a couple of minutes of his speech in St. Paul. Lord Monckton articulates his concern about the treaty that will be signed at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen. This is something you need to hear and something we all need to pray about.

Finally, with everything that is happening in the world -- and happening at breakneck speed -- it's easy to be overwhelmed with anxiety and even despair. And though we know deep down that God is in control, when we focus on events and personalities, it's almost too much to bear. But our Father knew this would be so. That's why He, through the Apostle John, warned us not to love or depend on the things of the world (I John 2:15). He wants us to be careful NOT to focus on the world-system, but rather to focus on Him and "keep our hearts with all diligence" (Proverbs 4:23). This week, I'll share a few thoughts with you on how to do this in our daily lives.

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, Inspiration, various local stations, The Hal Lindsey Report or www.hischannel.co m. Check your local listings.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ak47paul View Post
    Musibike,
    I have spent the last 2 hours reading this entire thread from start to finsh, And please understand I mean no harm in saying this but You sound like chicken little in "The sky is falling" I believe we all are intitled to our opinions, However You sound like a dooms dayer, And it sounds like you are praying everyday for WW3....If you know whats good for you and your family You might think about praying That it don't happen....As IMO A war right now could be horrifing For Us...Go back and read what you have typed in the last year....80% of this thread is just you and You keep saying You have a feeling We are going to war in a few weeks, And this goes clear back to early last year, I have a feeling that your feelings ....have all been Wrong so far!!.....As I said please do not think I am trying to pick a tick with you As I am not. But I have to wonder where you are getting your intelligence from,..Surely You do not believe everything you watch on CNN...because it changes from day to day...Sounds like you are pretty hung up on Hal lindsey.....And there is nothing wrong with that however So far your feelings about when we are going to war have been wrong. You might want to think on that and maybe look at this subject from another angle....Just my opinion....everybody seems to have one and thats mine......again I want to express No pun intended.....It is very hard to type things as you want them to sound.

don't worry about musibike, most of what he is doing is to get his post count up.

PS: it is his poll, he can run it how he wants.
    Last edited by sgt ron; 10-26-2009 at 07:45 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vietnam vet 67-68

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

This morning, I read a very brief, but telling, news report from Pakistan. When U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton visited there recently, she spoke at the Government College and took questions from the students. One young lady asked her directly, "What guarantee can Americans give Pakistan that we can now trust you... that you guys are not going to betray us like the Americans did in the past when they wanted to destabilize the Russians?"

In the face of President Obama's indecision about Afghanistan, that's the $64,000 question. If he can't decide whether to grant his hand-picked commander's request; if we don't have the commitment to finish the job in Afghanistan, how can Pakistan know that we'll stand by them if they take the necessary steps to defeat the Taliban in their country? How can they know that we won't abandon nearby Afghanistan to the very forces that are now seeking to take control of Pakistan and its nuclear arsenal?

On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report", I'll examine the status and prospects of our present policy toward the Afghanistan war, the "righteous war." We are rapidly nearing the point of no return in that desolate and difficult country.

Recently, the Foreign Minister of France warned that there will come a time when Israel will act -- alone, if necessary -- to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon. He cautioned that the West needs to act and act soon. The danger is that Iran will obfuscate and stall and 'renegotiate' so long that, at the first sign of any acquiescence, the UN and the world will accept its offer, however meager, and consider the matter settled. As Israeli Defense Minister, Ehud Barak, points out, once that happens and Iran gets the right to enrich and upgrade ANY uranium to weapons-grade status, it then has legitimacy in the eyes of the world. After that, any move to destroy or retard that program will be considered an attack on legitimate rights granted by the world at large. In other words, it will be too late.

Because of America's loss of nerve and its unwillingness to confront Iran, Israelis have now come to believe that they can no longer trust America (sound familiar?). In fact, recent "Jerusalem Post" surveys indicate that 96% of Israeli citizens believe that America is no longer pro-Israel! That's why the European Union (remember France's Foreign Minister?) seems to be stepping forward to assume the mantle of chief Middle East Peace mediator. After all, the Middle East is practically in Europe's backyard and, thus, is of more importance to them than it is to America.

Not coincidentally, the Bible predicts that in the last days a man will rise from the revived form of the old Roman Empire (Europe) to take charge and guarantee Israel's safety.

Last weekend, violent clashes broke out on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. Israeli police had to storm the Temple Mount twice to quell the riots and prevent injury to the worshippers at the Wailing Wall. Clashes between Palestinian youth and the Israeli police are once again becoming common. History proves that these Temple Mount clashes usually lead to 'intifadas.' The influence of Yasser Arafat lives on!

Some observers feel that the palpable turn taken by Washington against Israel, evidenced by President Obama's recent referral at the UN to "the Israeli occupation" (the first time a sitting US President has done so), sends a message of tacit approval to the PA to ratchet up the pressure on Israel. Even now I can hear the words and warnings of Zechariah the prophet ringing across those ancient hills.

Finally, I'm going to take a few minutes to review with you why the Temple Mount, the most strategic place on earth, is also the most volatile tinderbox on earth. And it's dangerously close to igniting.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Talking

Originally Posted by ak47paul View Post
    Musibike,
    I have spent the last 2 hours reading this entire thread from start to finsh, And please understand I mean no harm in saying this but You sound like chicken little in "The sky is falling" I believe we all are intitled to our opinions, However You sound like a dooms dayer, And it sounds like you are praying everyday for WW3....If you know whats good for you and your family You might think about praying That it don't happen....As IMO A war right now could be horrifing For Us...Go back and read what you have typed in the last year....80% of this thread is just you and You keep saying You have a feeling We are going to war in a few weeks, And this goes clear back to early last year, I have a feeling that your feelings ....have all been Wrong so far!!.....As I said please do not think I am trying to pick a tick with you As I am not. But I have to wonder where you are getting your intelligence from,..Surely You do not believe everything you watch on CNN...because it changes from day to day...Sounds like you are pretty hung up on Hal lindsey.....And there is nothing wrong with that however So far your feelings about when we are going to war have been wrong. You might want to think on that and maybe look at this subject from another angle....Just my opinion....everybody seems to have one and thats mine......again I want to express No pun intended.....It is very hard to type things as you want them to sound.

ROFL !!!!

Well, I just express my opinion like anyone else does here. Posting what I hear from the Hal Lindsey Report site is an exercise I go through each week as well.

Nobody here is predicting the end of the world. So, go and say a few prayers and get within your own effort into faith. Or better said, "CHILL OUT".

If you really did read all of these posting I do say a few times, "I PRAY THESE THINGS DON'T HAPPEN". So, get a grip bro?

M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report," I'll look briefly at Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's recent visit to Israel. She praised Prime Minister Netanyahu for his efforts at restarting the peace talks. She also rejected the Palestinians' insistence on preconditions. That infuriated the Palestinian Authority. Because of it, yesterday Mahmoud Abbas threatened not to run for re-election in the upcoming January election.

Clinton's remarks in Israel are in marked contrast to President Obama's recent public condemnation of "the Israeli occupation." You could describe America's official attitude toward Israel as 'schizophrenic.' That dichotomy not only confuses the Israelis, it confuses Americans as well.

More importantly, it causes confusion among Christians. In fact, some mainline Protestant denominations have divested themselves of any investment in Israel and have withdrawn their support for the Jewish state.

There is ongoing and vigorous debate in both civic and religious circles over the question, "Should we support Israel?"

This week, I'm going to address that very question. In doing so, I'll debunk a system of theology that threatens the church and could actually bring our nation under God's curse because of its disregard for His promises and covenants.

There is a dangerous doctrine promoted by some popular movements today called 'Replacement Theology.' Simply put, if this doctrine is correct, it means the God of the Bible is a liar. I believe God cannot lie; I believe His Word is true; and I believe His covenants with Israel are irrevocable.

Tune in this week and I'll expose the fallacy and danger of the 'Preterist' movement and its 'Replacement Theology.' I'll answer the raging question, "Should we support Israel?" I'll tell you why I believe we must.

"The Hal Lindsey Report" will not be seen on TBN this week only because of its Fall Praise-a-Thon.

Don't miss this week's Report on Daystar, Inspiration, CPM Network, various local stations, The Hal Lindsey Report or www.hischannel.co m. Check your local listings.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report": Last week's massacre at Fort Hood, Texas, by an Army psychiatrist who is a Muslim, may finally expose the almost stupefying adherence to political correctness by Big Media, our government, and the Left. The levels to which they're willing to sink to be "PC" is almost mind-boggling. What's more, it's insidious and deadly.

For years I've thought that America's decline in the last days may be caused by economic excess, failures, or catastrophe. But, now, I'm beginning to think that America's inevitable decline may well be caused by the millstone now firmly affixed around her neck: "political correctness."

TheFreeDictionary.com defines 'political correctness' as "relating to or supporting broad social, political, and educational change, especially to redress historical injustices in matters such as race, class, gender, and sexual orientation." It then puts on the clincher when a secondary definition includes being "over-concerned with such change, OFTEN TO THE EXCLUSION OF MORE IMPORTANT FACTORS." (Capitalization is mine.)

I have never seen our government, the military, the media, and those enlightened ones on the Left work so hard to avoid even intoning the words "Muslim," "Islam," or "terrorism" in any story relating to Major Nidal Malik Hasan or the shooting rampage at Fort Hood. Instead, the panoply of ideas as to why Hasan tried to murder at least one hundred unarmed people (that's how many bullets he fired) include any and everything you can imagine, EXCEPT the possibility that he may have been influenced by the teachings of violence and martyrdom he's been exposed to all of his life in Islam.

We have already forgotten a great lesson from our own recent history: it's more important to be 'correct' than 'politically correct.' The Bible warns that a nation that has been given great light from God, and rejects it, will be given a mind, by God, that cannot even think in its own best interest. That's a perfect definition of 'political correctness.' And that's what's happening in America right now.

You've probably discerned by now that my major topic on this week's "Report" will be the issue of 'political correctness.' However, I'm also going to discuss why so many people are confused about Islam. Many Muslims (and all of our recent Presidents), seem to genuinely believe that it's a "religion of peace." That's because there is a dramatic contradiction within the foundations of Islam itself. Once you understand this contradiction, you will be able to see the danger Islam poses for the rest of the world as a whole and for each of us individually.

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, Inspiration, CPM Network, various local stations, The Hal Lindsey Report or HisChannel - Christian TV. Check your local listings.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report": In 1993, Yitzhak Rabin and Yasser Arafat (as well as Shimon Peres and Mahmoud Abbas) signed the Oslo Accords. It was an agreement intended to bring peace and security to both the Israelis and the Palestinians. It promised to settle all the contentious issues and provide secure homelands for both populations. All within a strict seven year framework.

Sixteen years later, there is little peace and less security. In fact, the Palestinians are now threatening to declare their independence, ask the United Nations to recognize their state, and essentially scuttle the entire peace process. And they say the United States has indicated it won't veto the plan in the Security Council.

Apparently, they want to start over from square one. More specifically, they want the UN to engineer a do- over of the 1967 war. Only this time, the Palestinians want to be declared the winners of the war lost by the Egyptians and Jordanians during those fateful six days.

Palestinian spokesmen are now openly talking about "the endgame." Unfortunately, their concept of "the endgame" is just a bit different than the one foretold by the ancient prophets. Daniel, Jeremiah, and Zechariah outline a scenario that doesn't bode well for those who seek the destruction of God's people.

As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, I want to share with you why I think it's more important than ever that we understand the power of thanksgiving to God. Our nation faces real and present dangers. As I report weekly on "The Hal Lindsey Report," the threats are mounting and the odds appear to be impossible. But it's precisely at those moments that the power of praise and gratitude to God can be our pathway to victory.

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, Inspiration, CPM Network, various local stations, The Hal Lindsey Report or www.hischannel.co m. Check your local listings.

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey
    M U S I B I K E

Page 23 of 133 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.