Page 65 of 135 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast

Thread: War with Iran

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Iran reports launch of small satellite into orbit

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran successfully launched a new small satellite into orbit early Friday, state media reported, the latest in the country's ambitious space program that has raised concerns because if its possible military applications.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called in to the launch site, saying he was "hopeful this act will send a signal of more friendship among all human beings," the state IRNA news agency reported.

IRNA said the home-made satellite, Navid, or Gospel, was designed to collect data on weather conditions and monitor for natural disasters.

It said the satellite weighs about 110 pounds (50 kilograms) and would orbit the earth at an altitude of up to 234 miles (375 kilometers), circling the planet 15 times a day. It's of a type known as miniaturized or microsatellites, which are cheaper to produce and allow for less costly launch vehicles.

Navid, produced at an Iranian engineering university, is the third small satellite that Iran launched over the past years and is expected to remain in orbit for about two months. The two earlier satellites — Omid, launched in 2009, and Rasad, sent into orbit in June 2011 — lasted three weeks and 82 days, respectively. IRNA said Navid has advanced control technology, a higher resolution camera and photocells to generate power.

The satellite was sent into orbit by a missile launch-vehicle dubbed Safir, or Ambassador in Farsi, which IRNA described as having 20 percent more launch power, compared to earlier versions of satellite carrier missiles.

An Iranian website, Irannuc.ir, claimed Safir was a ballistic missile that can be converted into an intercontinental missile. State TV showed footage of the launch, with a rocket sent off and turning into a light point in the darkness of the skies.

Iran's decade-old space program has raised alarms in the West, because the same technology that allows missiles to launch satellites can be used to fire warheads.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Looks like the very last draw of the cards before it begins.

Iran's Supreme Leader Threatens Israel, U.S. - Middle East - News - Israel National News
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

They are waiting for the Fall US elections when bro O. needs to appear like a leader to scarf votes.

VD in AZ

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Might be a good idea to take down that sattilite now, just to "CYA", do we really know what it's capabilities might be??? Might just be part of a missle guidence system for something they just might already have built for all we know, is it worth the chance to wait to find out?? I'd be in favor of it, it surely makes me VERY aprehensive given there views!!

Feedback Score

Carpet bomb them with hog guts

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

1 minute until midnight?

Dwindling time, rising tension make Iran top fear

WASHINGTON — The United States and its allies believe the window to stop Iran from building a bomb is quickly closing, pushing conflict with the Islamic republic to the top of the Obama administration's national security worries in the midst of an election year.

After years of diplomatic deadlock, Iran's nuclear program has advanced to the point where experts say work on a bomb could begin within a year. That progress has moved the once far-fetched possibility of a pre-emptive U.S. or Israeli strike on Iran's nuclear sites to the forefront of the urgent debate over how to prevent Tehran from joining the nuclear club.

The prospect of a military strike on Iran is still unlikely. The U.S. insists diplomacy and economic coercion are its main focus, and a military strike would be its last option to stop an Iranian bomb.

The United States has a "very good estimate" of when Iran could produce a weapon, President Barack Obama said this week. He said that while he believes the standoff with Iran over its nuclear program can still be resolved through diplomacy, the U.S. has done extensive planning on a range of options.

"We are prepared to exercise these options should they arise," Obama said during an interview with NBC. He said Israel has not made a decision about whether to launch its own strike.

Iran claims its nuclear program is not aimed at building a bomb, but it has refused to drop suspect elements of the program.

In November, the International Atomic Energy Agency issued a scathing assessment of the Iranian nuclear program, calling it disturbing and possibly dangerous. The IAEA, a United Nations body, said it had "serious concerns regarding possible military dimensions" of a program Iran claims is not intended to build a weapon.

Close U.S. ally Israel is driving much of the burst of international attention now focused on the likelihood of an Iranian bomb and what to do about it.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

It looks like IRAN has waved a big enough sword to halt all attempts to stop their Nuke developement. Yet the rest of the ARAB nations will all start up doing their thing too. And, IRAN will bank roll Hezbolla to make hits on all of us.

'Nuclear-armed Iran will trigger... JPost - Iranian Threat - News
    M U S I B I K E

Page 65 of 135 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.