Gunco Forums banner

War with Iran

255K views 1K replies 157 participants last post by  MUSIBIKE 
#1 ·
What do you all think the probability is that we will have a REAL confrontation with IRAN? Would it happen this year? Will RUSSIA and the rest of the middle East join in? Will the South American countries get in on the deal?

MUSIBIKE

#3 ·
IF the U.S. commits any military action against Iran (BIG IF, IMO), it'll be air based.

But to answer, no, no, no, no.

Iran is saber-rattling. As is Israel.

#5 ·
we are the chain holding israel down..... they bombed syria,iraq,and iran in the past... they have nothing to lose really. its not like they dont get rocket attacked every day already.

nice little missile test today from iran. did you feel scared? nah me neither.

oh and yes we are gonna have a "episode" with Iran in the near future.

#7 ·
no.
every other 2nd or 3rd rate counrtyin the world knows how to milk the us for everytthing that they ever want.
saber rattle, threaten nuclear weapons proliferation
KOREA
and wait untill condi rice offers you everything under the sun.
the ayatollahs just want something from us is all.
they'll get it too with the promise (ahem) that they abandon any nuclear weapons policy/research

#8 ·
I think IRAN will threaten to Kick Isreal's ass. It will even come to some rocket shooting and burning maybe a little small arms shooting too. But, we will step in and offer a lot of goodies to feed all of the hungry hounds.

They will eat, burp and, fart till the episode next year when it all comes crashing down big time.

#9 ·
They only need to hold off for about six months. Then president Obama will smoooth talk all enemies into being our good friends. They will be singing "God Bless America" in Tehran. Six short months & all will be well in the world.

#12 ·
I hope we bomb them.

Carter should have given them 24 hours to release the hostages, then took out their refineries, ports, etc.... then asked again..pussy just like Obama is..

I've been waiting on this since '79...
I'm with you. My dad added this, "For every one you kill of ours we're going to kill 10,000 of yours... "

Yeah, war is hell. It needs to be or we'd love it too much!!

#11 ·
Give Obama and Bush a sword. Let them fight it out in the desert man to man.
The winner gets to fight the little squirt who runs Iran. Man the whole world could make money on that fight. T shirts, bookies, advertisments on T.V.
Ted Koppel did a documentary in Iran. Half the people he talked to didn't know what the heck he was talking about with all this hate stuff.
The other half didn't own T.V.s and didn't even know where America was.
O.K. I call fair fight in the desert. Or just nuke the damn place and turn it into a parking lot. Nuke Korea next. That little geek over there is starting to get on my nerves.

#13 ·
Sorry to say it but, OBUNGA is going to be president. After he takes command, a terrorist outfit is going to test him with some kind of attack. The stock market will go to HELL and, this country will be under something like martial law.

My local police already carry full auto weapons here. This will be a deal like Iraq with heavily armed vehicles and soldiers patrolling the American nieborhoods.

I don't think the terrorist will use nukes? Not extensively anyway. They may hit one favorite city. Yeah, you know who?

All to start up around the old Christmas time of year. At least it will be cooler when the power gets knocked out.

#15 ·
Sorry to say it but, OBUNGA is going to be president. After he takes command, a terrorist outfit is going to test him with some kind of attack. The stock market will go to HELL and, this country will be under something like martial law.

My local police already carry full auto weapons here. This will be a deal like Iraq with heavily armed vehicles and soldiers patrolling the American nieborhoods.

I don't think the terrorist will use nukes? Not extensively anyway. They may hit one favorite city. Yeah, you know who?

All to start up around the old Christmas time of year. At least it will be cooler when the power gets knocked out.
You forgot the part where Obama & the democrats blame it all on Bush & Cheney

#17 ·
Obama being president may be the best thing to happen to the republican party or the very thing that finally gets a third party going in this country. between Obama, dem congress and dem house, we will finally hit rock bottom. Kinda like with Carter. We had good things after Carter....

#18 ·
If todays news is any indication , we will have a major confrontation with Iran and soon. In light of the latest news out today that the IDF has used air bases in Iraq for pit stops; then you can estimate that the war will be joined between the IDF and Iran within the coming month and that the USA will be pulled in a major playe,r instead of just of the proxy war that we are fighting right now with the Shiite militia.

#19 ·
This is complicated, what people have to remember is the Ayatollah wars between Iran and Iraq In the 80"s thousands of kid's were sent to clear mine fields by blowing them self's up by just walking on them so regular troops could follow up. After this was done Saddam used gas to even the playing field. Bush senior even helped out with Gas Tech. The sin's of the father left on the son is one reasons were in Iraq. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The following is a articles sent to me a while ago. The implication is for a quick attack on Iran. But it is vital to keep in mind the classic joke about the sadist and the masochist, where the masochist yells out, "whip me! whip me!" and the sadist answers, sadistically, "no!" So there is a case for taking the sadist's point of view, and continuing to threaten the Tehran regime without actually striking it. That would upset their expectations, and indeed their psychological need to be provoked into justified rage. For that reason, rather than overt air attacks, under-the-public-radar sabotage operations are always preferable.

It must be said that there is a real possibility that the martyrdom regime has planted retaliatory dirty bombs in various places around the world, to go off if Iranian targets are hit. A'jad has said that

"The anger of Muslims may reach an explosion point soon. If such a day comes [America and the West] should know that the waves of the blast will not remain within the boundaries of our region."

That warning could not be clearer. Retaliatory bombs could exist in small coastal freighters or other delivery vehicles in the Mediterranean and Persian Gulf, and in or near the US. The regime has been signing up hundreds of Basiji for martyrdom operations. Those are cheap cannon fodder for them, like the teenagers who were trained to move right into minefields in the Iran-Iraq war, wearing green plastic "keys to paradise" around their necks, to clear the way for assault troops. That is the environment in which A'jad developed his understanding of war.

Sending hundreds of kids to martyrdom on the orders of Ayatollah Khomeini must play havoc with anyone's mind. Ahmadi-Nejad may not have been directly involved in doing that, but he must certainly have known about it during the Iran-Iraq War and approved of it, else he would not be trusted by the Khomeinists who run Iran to become president.

Psychologically, that life experience implies immense personal survival guilt, along with a readiness to commit suicide oneself to bring about the messianic age of the Mahdi. That is an almost inconceivable state of mind for Westerners who have grown up in a generally peaceful world.

What are the implications for the West? First of all, any action against the cult regime should come at a time and place of our choosing, if possible different from the cult predictions. But our hand is being forced by unverified claims by A'jad to possess 3,000 centrifuges. Israel, Saudi Arabia, and other countries may have good intelligence sources in Iran, which are needed to check this astonishingly bizarre, dangerous and secretive regime.

Second, it is critical to neutralize the fanatical leadership which sustains their delusional system in any major attack. That in itself is very difficult, since humans are easier to hide than industrial facilities. But special ops teams must silence the command, communication and control capacity of the regime instantly.

During the Syrian bombing operation, reports suggested that the entire Syrian communications grid was knocked out. Even cell phones connections in neighboring Lebanon were disrupted. Special Forces were believed to be on the ground, laser-designating the target, and supposedly smuggling out samples. They may also have sabotaged the communications grid, including hardened communications between Pantsyr anti-air defenses. It was a successful dress rehearsal.

Thirdly, unlike the one-shot Israeli attack in 1981 on Saddam's Osirak nuclear reactor, any attack on Iran today may trigger extended hostilities, including assaults on civilians far away from the theater of war. Previously the Iranian Guard (including Ahmadi-Nejad) committed attacks on Jewish synagogues in Buenos Aires. The people who did that are in charge today in Tehran. So this time there will surely be a barrage of Hezb'allah missiles directed at civilians in Israel, like last summer, but possibly much more accurate.

As soon as military action starts, pressure will be brought to bear to shut it down prematurely. For once that pressure must be resisted. This gang is too dangerous to leave them with any of their total war capacities intact. A'jad just flew to Venezuela to arrange for added supplies of refined oil products which Iran cannot make at home. He is planning for a long war. He may increase Iranian meddling in Iraq, but a conventional Iranian invasion of Iraq is unlikely, since conventional forces are highly vulnerable from the air, and the US controls the air.

It seems vital for the West not to take military action until the Iranian nuclear plan has become quite clear. As suggested previously, one possibility is for the IAF to attack several established nuclear targets in Iran, with the United States allowing Israeli overflights of the Gulf. If and when Iran attempts to retaliate against Israel, or even Saudi Arabia, using missiles and aircraft, USN Gulf defenses would be automatically triggered, bringing US forces into the fight. The Saudis would not be happy with Iranian military overflights, since Khomeini fanatics believe they must eventually rule the holy cities of Mecca and Medina. Iran may try to blockade the Straits of Hormuz, leading to US actions to open the Straits as the guarantor of free shipping through international waterways.

Contrary to the Saddam war, today we have France and Germany in support. Whether that actually means anything, or whether they will bend to domestic opposition, is anybody's guess. They could turn out to be weak sisters. But at least they are not actively sabotaging us, as they did with the overthrow of Saddam.

A very dangerous time is coming up. If we are very lucky, the world will be saved by some brilliant secret raids and naval actions along the lines of the Tanker War of the 1990s. With even greater luck there will be a military coup d'etat, throwing the Khomeinist fanatics out of power. But these are extremely ruthless people. Right now it seems more likely there will be an extended conflict, along the lines that the West and Israel will find most difficult to deal with.

If a major Israeli city is severely hit, Israel may respond with massive retaliation. In the Osirak reactor strike of 1981, Israel managed to kill only one person. The coming battle with Iran may make that impossible.

If this interpretation is correct, we have some very difficult times coming up. Our domestic political dialogue has been utterly immature since 9/11. But the prospect of hanging in a fortnight concentrates the mind wonderfully, and it is possible that some on the Left will wake up.

The Iranians are quite capable of stirring up terrorist retaliation in their war of Armageddon. They are suiciders, like the kamikaze cult of WW Two: Very difficult to deal with indeed. Making adequate civil defense preparations may become a crucial part of everyday life, even in the United States. Our feeling of immunity to direct attack is simply out of date. I wonder whether Democrats will allow us to improve protection against domestic attacks?

In making rational predictions of danger we always hope to be wrong. But we cannot plan based on hope alone.:drown::deadhorse

#20 ·
The stock market is taking a steep DUMP!

Nation wide social sickness will require great measures to cure after substantial damage is done.

There are so many germs! If the defence antibodies take out a lot of those terrorist germ cells there are still far too many more that will be waiting to resume damage.

It is about time that the dice are going to ROLL!!!

#21 ·
Frogman-thank you for your well thought out,rational assesment of the situation-it is nice to see that here,maybe even if some of these countries can't get along,at least WE can.Unity among like-minded folks will be needed in the coming times.There was a poll on this subject here,I didn't think anything major would come of this particular conflict [Iran],but the most recent actions have changed my mind.It is sad to see this happen between us,at one time Iran was one of the most western styled countries in the area,and had brung itself into the modern world.There were lots of problems also,but progress was being made.Since the fall of the Shah,it has regressed hundreds of years socially,while retaining the technology of today.Iran is also much differant geograhpicaly than Iraq,a ground war there is definately going to be difficult and is best left alone.As for bombing it into a parking lot-who could afford the gas to get there?Perhaps bombing it into something useful like a site for lunar training.... ---bil

#29 ·
Hopefully we will kick them hard in the nuts now.. I'd say sometime between November and December. There is a reason Bush isn't releasing the oil reserve now, he's saving it in case the straight of Hormuz (sp?) is blocked. If Obama is elected, and he spends 4 years "talking" to them, they will have nuke weapons.....

Obama elected - Bush will bomb them

McCain elected - Bush may back off and let McCain deal with it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.