• Waiting on postman

11 4.44%
  • Of course I am from Texas

13 5.24%
  • Never have/Never will

1 0.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Have A Concealed Handgun License?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Move to Indiana, fill out the application and fingerprint card, and give them around $150. If you can legally own a handgun, you get the license. AFAIK, we're the only state to offer a lifetime license at this time.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser1959 View Post
    I have in my opinion always had the right to carry concealed . In the defense of my own person and family; however the state did not agree with that presumption , so I was forced to get a paper to do what I always believed was my right (one that I did not give up to the government).
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by tracern1 View Post
    ??? things must be a lot stricter in other states. here in Bama you just go to the sheriffs office fill out a form and the Sheriff usually will hand you a permit in about 30 minutes. Sometimes it may take a little longer depending if the sheriff is in or they are short handed that day.
    In Bama, even though it is a state permit, it is issued at county level. It is interesting how each county in Bama is different. I have heard some not taking long at all. In Montgomery County it says on the application that it would take 14 days (at least it did in early 2001). So after filling out the short paper, I came back in 14 days and had the permit. $20 a year isn't a bad price. A friend of mine lives in a different county and he had his in less than a half hour. Nice thing is I can either renew mine by mail or i can go to the sheriffs office to renew and be in and out in about 5 minutes.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

In Texas, you have to submit prints and have a noterized form application submitted through the FBI. A $135.00 application fee is paid up front even if you don't get approved. As well, the CCL course here runs from $100.00 -$140.00 too. We have to take a shooting test using 50 rounds in the type of hand gun you intend use. Semiauto or revolver. A written exam is also given.

A CCL holder in Texas can buy weapons, receiver and, NFA weapons without having to call the FBI or waiting. Just pay and take the gun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I am not sure about your states gun laws but as of July 01, 2007 in Indiana you can buy a Lifetime Permit for $100.00 if you already have a permit or $125.00 if you do not.

Feedback Score

I got by cheap here in Florida $117.00 and Proof that I was a Small Arms Inst. in the military. Being retired Military has a few perks, but not many - If The O man get the nod I fear more base closures.
    Xfrog

Feedback Score

I have had my Texas permit since they first allowed concealed carry. I am taking a class to get my non resident Utah permit tomorrow as it opens up a few more states for me to carry in. On a side note I have been open carrying in New Mexico and Colorado for the last three years and it is quite refreshing but you don't in Denver and a few other big cities. Albuquerque is very open to open carry but you don't see many people doing it in town.

Wayne in North Texas

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    In Texas, we don't even have to wait for the FFL to call the FBI. Just show your CHL and pay for the gun. Done deal.
    Yep, same in ID. I just need to get off my duff and get my WA non-resident CCWand maybe my UT.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

$10/4 years in South Dakota. No lifetime permit.

Fill out a name & address form and affirm you're not a felon or otherwise barred from ownership.

Your copy of the form is your temp permit once the Sheriff signs it (after the BG check) and the State AG mails you the actual permit a week or two later, assuming you pass the background check.

Oh yes, the Sheriff has 3 days to either grant the permit or give reason for the denial.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My wife and I have CCW. First I have heard of Lifetime License. Where Is It available. What states. Does California Offer Lifetime license.

Ken

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

So far, Indiana only on the lifetime license AFAIK.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.