Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: best choice shtf rifle?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think this question implies that one is flying solo but who among us would be solo?

I will be with family and very good friends so more than likely we will be having various dual purpose firearms.

A cpl 22lr game getters and trainers, .308 (7.62x51) long range and medium size game stoppers (2 and 4 legged!), 12G for cqb, CZ 75b and others for personal last resort defense and several mosin nagant m44's for hunting also to conserve on common caliber ammo.

Not to mention ar and ak's for patrol type and secuity duty!

You definitely can't forget a good 22lr handgun to train your flock with in handgun usage also.

All this assumes a true SHTF type total collapse of society which I don't think will happen in the immediate future...then again I did see the Katrina fiasco relatively upclose, live in hurricane alley and lived thru tropical storm Allison in 2001 so don't take my 2cents to HEART!...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Any good .22LR in a rifle, SHTF is different than guerilla warfare.
    In guerilla warfare your enemy supplies the ordnance. After all is said and done he has the better supply line.
    Constitution Or Bust
    Ron Paul 2012

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

.22 mag. Then if they start getting too close pop em with this baby. I don't know how this would work on like deer or squirrel. But there should be some meat left around to make a sandwich.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails best choice shtf rifle?-just-picts.-011.jpg  

"Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I like your bunker buster/tank killer 4th.But I would carry my Norinco 1911A1 and I am looking for a carbine in 45acp to keep it company.Cant afford the expenceive stuff.Im talkin Marlin camp carbine,MAC TECH CCU,maybe the new Hi-Point if it ever gets off R&D.Might even like a MAC-10 or a UZI in 45acp in carbine form.Got some kit AKs and a L1A1 for the long rainge stuff,and 12ga and 22s for the kids.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

a person can easily carry about 5,000 rounds of 22lr....

I think what's to be learned from this thread is have your shit squared away and be prepared for any situation, that means owning multiple rifles in multiple calibers. When the time comes, if you can only pick one to fit your situation, you will know which one to take...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

survival or SHTF? for survival maybe on of those savage rifle over 20ga shotgun combo deals in 223 cal with some of those brass cartridge things that allow you to shoot 22lr and 22mag??

SHTF--i would say it would depend on the situation of how much ammo i had more than the weapon. i would pick either a scoped m-4/m5 or a AKMS depending on the situation maybe a pump action shotgun for up close and a couple pistols in 9mm,.40&. and 45acp.

i think it don't matter that much what kind of weapons you have as long as there is enough ammo. having a functional defensive system= priceless!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

7.62 is undeniably proficient.
    The rifle that will emerge from the ash of the SHTF scenario would be
    the AK. Then again, as stated, the ammo supply will make the final determination.

My personal choice would be the M1A

Lets hope we don't have to go there.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

22 mag. Then if they start getting too close pop em with this baby. I don't know how this would work on like deer or squirrel.
    great on squirrel just shoot the damm tree down. good for clearing houses from the out side.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Lots of good viewpoints and advice here.

Some good food for thought and maybe someday, survival?

Feedback Score

My AK. I would accept no substitutes. Backed up by the beretta. Only problem would be, underfolder? or fixed stock? that would be the tuffy.
    If your in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
    -someone importanat

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.