Gunco Forums banner

best choice shtf rifle?

36K views 141 replies 54 participants last post by  44044 
#1 ·
ok, i wanted to see what the common thought for this subject was. i know that the general consensus is towards the AR, but what are your opinions?

#121 ·
Wow! I spent an extra 75 bucks on a rifle I paid 79.95 for and felt guilty. True and I'm kidding but how much dinero you got wrapped up in that package? Nice looking piece BTW. Seriously nice looking.sks's rock and they work like the energizer bunny.

#124 ·
The Shernik is far from a Mall Ninja toy. The stock shortens the package by about 10". The mag release makes changes AK easy. The balance and handling are state of the art and you get $2000+ worth of cool for under $500. Eventually all of my SKS's will be in these.

#136 ·
I would like to have a 300 BLKO for all of the practicle reasons. Just the ammo is too high for reason right now.

I can send you an e-mail when I get one on order.

Most likely will get a Rock River Arms upper and drop that on a complete lower around here.

#138 ·
YUP.

(this is a real old thread & i probably had a different answer in the past.... but as i get older? AK's are still the best.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.